Photo

Wired Darts?

6 replies to this topic

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

Im REALLY REALLY sorry if this question was answered before.
But I am making stefans right now and i am using split shot weights(not sure what size but they look like BB size). When I put one in the FBR, glued it with hot glue, then when its ready to use, I test it, but the results are it spinning.
Then when I put 2 in, the dart just flips forward.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
Again, sorry if this was answered/ posted. It is becauseI haven't made stefan in a while.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

They are fishtailing? To me it sounds like your darts are too short. Either that or, somehow, it's too heavy for the gun you're shooting it out of. (doubtful, though)

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

They are fishtailing? To me it sounds like your darts are too short. Either that or, somehow, it's too heavy for the gun you're shooting it out of. (doubtful, though)

Or too long? I think if they are too long then they won't shoot well at all.
Mine are 2 1/4" and they work fine.

#4 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:12 AM

What gun are you using? If the spring has been replaced (or the pump plugged) and the barrel hasn't been lengthened, the unused air might be causing the fishtailing.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#5 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

Umm my darts a about 2'' long and I'm using "Water Gremnlin Round Split Shot" weights
The gun I am using is a nitefinder with the spring streched out. AR's removed, and about a 5.5 inch barrel

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

Ok, 2" for a micro stefan is almost as long as I am using. Watch how deep your weight are, because if the are too close to the center, then they can fishtail. Obviously the two weights are too much, as that is causing the dart to flip over. I am using 1 3/4" micro stefans with some type of screw in the end, and when sitting on a flat surface, they sometimes want to stand on end. However bas as this might sound, the fly very straight and accurate, and they are accurate to around 50 feet, depending on the gun. Watch also if your weights are off-centre along the length of the dart. This can cause it to rotate as it exits the barrel, which more often than most results in fishtailing or at least bad accuracy.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#7 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:04 PM

Ok I'll try to center my wieghts and see if it helps
Thanks everyone for the help :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users