Photo

What Kind Of Bb?

10 replies to this topic

#1 tacticaladvantagex5

tacticaladvantagex5

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

I'm going to attempt to create my own stefans with bb(s) as a weight, but I'm not sure what kind of bb to get. Any suggestions?
"The moments I treasure are everywhere and all the time. I am the angel of dispair and my feces is the shit your dreams are made of."
Vacc
~fueled by the tears of a thousand orphans~

#2 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

Don't use BB's if you're only starting to make stefans. It's hard to get 'em right with BB's because you have to use more than 1 and the bb's have to be lined up exactly. I'd recommend using 3/0 fishing weights, that's what I use.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#3 tacticaladvantagex5

tacticaladvantagex5

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

Don't use BB's if you're only starting to make stefans. It's hard to get 'em right with BB's because you have to use more than 1 and the bb's have to be lined up exactly. I'd recommend using 3/0 fishing weights, that's what I use.

Alright..got a store or link on where to buy em? Or are they in the "Where to buy" thread?
"The moments I treasure are everywhere and all the time. I am the angel of dispair and my feces is the shit your dreams are made of."
Vacc
~fueled by the tears of a thousand orphans~

#4 Chewbacca

Chewbacca

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

You can probably get them at your local sporting goods store. Just go to the fishing section.

Edited by Chewbacca, 31 May 2007 - 07:30 PM.

#5 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

Try making CaptainSlug darts, they are really easy to make, cheaper to make, and preform just as well.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#6 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

I've used .177 Caliber zinc-plated (the plating is just personal preference, and irrelevant really, since I use colored hot glue and you can't see the BB anyway) copper BBs. Wal-mart sells 'em in packs of 4000, and un-plated copper-colored copper BBs in packs of 6000 but you must be 16 years or older to purchase 'em.

I've had no trouble aligning them, and my darts perform great.

At least, I think they do. I've never shot a 3/0 fishing weight, multiple-bb, or CaptainSlug (though I've been meaning to make some) stefan, so I don't really have any basis for comparison. They outperform stock darts, though, so I don't worry too much.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#7 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

Try making CaptainSlug darts, they are really easy to make, cheaper to make, and preform just as well.

Where do you get your washers and felt pads? Haven't found the pads in large quantities anywhere, and the washers are non-existent at the time.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#8 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:48 AM

I dont even use bbs. When ever I did make them, they would only last a few weeks. Then the bb would tear out the side. So I just use thum tacks insted.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#9 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

#8 washers can be gotten at ace, for like, 1.69 or so for 100, felt pads, from mcmaster, along with washers in large quantities.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#10 wldworld

wldworld

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:57 PM

You can get the 3/0 round fishing weights online at www.cabelas.com. They are $6.99 (I believe...) for a pack of 650. I bought 3 packs for $25 shipped to my house. They don't compare to any other weights, and are definitely worth the 1.2c each.
QUOTE(Dragoon @ Jun 23 2007, 02:47 PM) View Post

I broke my clippers trying to cut the spring. So I couldn't break the spring with my bare hands so I used a hammer to pound the clipper handle and one of the clippers broke off.

#11 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:23 PM

I use one Daisy Steel Plated BB. Not sure of the weight, but you only need one.

Seriously, these things rock.
Nuckin' Futz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users