Echnalaid's Content

There have been 833 items by Echnalaid (Search limited from 22-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#178959 Mcno & Gankfest 3

Posted by Echnalaid on 22 September 2008 - 09:37 PM in Nerf Wars

This is for the indoor war only-

Where-VFW East Brunswick. CLICKY for Google Maps link.

When- Feb 28.
Time- Be there around 9:30-9:45. Play starts at 10 sharp. We clean up at 3:45, and we have to get out by 4. I'll be ther at 8 to set everything up.
Lunch- Since it's my birthday thing, my mom'll be getting us pizza, chinese food, and water. As a bonus, we'll be having some cake!
The chinese food will be the basics, lo mein, general tso's, and rice.
Pizza will be half plain, half pepperoni. I'm thinking 2 pies is enough.

Obstacles- Split and I are figuring that out. I'm planning on having cardboard boxes, and we can make bunkers for a round or two.
RULES
Eye protection. Simple as that. If you're over 18, it's your choice.

Dress appropriately. We'll be inside.

Bring tons of darts. A lot. Of darts.

Bring a large beach towel to put your stuff on to. This is just a precaution if I don't have a staging area large enough.

Please label your stuff, as I don't want any mix-ups.

Bring whatever blasters you want, but you need at least a Primary and a SPRING Pistol. (For Gunslinger's Heaven)

Outlawed Stuff- Singled Titans, Singled Ultimators, Brassed Supermaxx 5000s, Plugged Singled Big Blasts, air homemades and Doomsayers. Doomsayer will not be allowed for a safety issue. If it gets under 100 ft, then you can use it. If you ain't sure if your blaster is outlawed, I will cast judgment there. If I deem it be too powerful, I will sentence it to exile. But bring an extra, just in case. Or just PM me.

Melee weapons such as foam swords and Ragnornok's variant will be allowed. Shadowkid33, if you're reading this, I challenge you to a duel...

My group has never nerfed before, so they will be carrying blasters I modded. They're pretty much educated noobs.

Since we'll be playing indoors, I'll have tables and cardboard boxes to act as cover.

We will be playing whatever we come up with. But we are definitely playing CTF, Team DeathMatch, Free for All, Squad Match, Pistols, and maybe Siege/HvZ.

Keep profanity at minimum. Some parents may be there. And Badger, no being a bad influence!
This will also be serving as my birthday celebration war thing.

Does any one have ORIGINAL nerf decals, preferably still on the sticker sheet?

Our attendance is looking great. More people, longer games, more madness!

New attendance list!

Bring your friends! The more the nerfier!

EDIT- If anyone wishes to volunteer to bring 2 flags. Medium sized, light weight flags. PM Me.

Tentative Loose Schedule of what we're playing

Free For All
Team Death Match
Squads (2 Partners)
Free For All (Pistols)
CTF
Gunslinger's Heaven
Dark Round
HVZ
Zombie Madness
Siege!

Rules for these games for those unfamiliar (Vets, lemme know if I missed something)

-How to read the X-X Rules
The first number is the amount of lives you get. The second number is the clearing time. Clearing is after you get shot, you have to raise your gun, count to the clearing time out loud, and leave the play zone. When you run out of lives, you lose. Note that oo means infinite. When it say 0 for the clearing time, it means there is no clearing time. The games with 0 clearing time are Siege and HVZ.

-Team Death Match
3-15 rule, 2 Teams. 2 Leaders are chosen when we play. Leaders take turns choosing team. Then, just go around shooting people. First team down loses.
-Free For All
3-15 rule. Every man for himself. Last man standing wins.
-Squads
3-15 rule. Every one partners up, and it's played like Team Death Match, only with a lot of teams.
-CTF
0-oo rule, 2 Teams. 2 Leaders are chosen when we play. Object is to get other team's flag. If you get shot, you gotta drop the flag, and you clear at your team's base.
-Siege! (My Personal Favorite)
oo-0 rule, 2 Teams. 2 Leaders are chosen when we play. One team gets behind a make shift fort/bunker, and must maintain "Control" over it for a set amount of time (Usually 7-9 minutes). If they do, they win. Objective of other team is to shoot em all. When you get shot, you gotta go to the other team. When the sieging team get all the other players, they win.
-Gunslinger's Heaven
3-15 rule, 2 Teams. Team leaders are chosen when we play. Leaders take turns picking team-mates. Each player starts with flagging tape in their pocket. When you get shot, you have to take the flagging tape and wear it in an openly visible place. Get shot again, you go to hell. If you're on earth (Flagging tape on), and if you get a shot on someone, you get back into the Gunslinger's Heaven (Flagging tape off). Last Team standing wins.
-Dark Round
Seeing as The Forsaken One had success with this game, we'll try it out. Same rules as Squads, but with the lights off.
-HVZ
oo-0 rule, 2 Teams, Humans and Zombies. 2 Leaders are chosen when we play. We'll refer to the leader in this game the Human Leader and the Zombie Lord. When you get shot, you have to go to the other team. (eg. Human dies and gets turned into a Zombie, Zombies gets revived into a Human). We play for a set amount of time (Usually 15-20 min). Team with the most players win at the end of the time limit.
-Zombie Madness
oo-0 for Humans, 1-0 for zombies. The game is a variation of siege, where there are still 2 teams, Humans and Zombies. The human team has 1/3 of the attendance and the zombie team gets the others. The humans have 5 minutes to make a bunker that will cover a section in back of the room. The fort will be made of cardboard boxes and the Mobstacles. The zombies start at the opposite side of the room, and must advance to to the bunker. Once they reach the bunker, the zombies must remove the pieces of the bunker. When the bunker is destroyed, the zombies win. The humans get guns, and reserve swords. If a zombie is past the safety boundary, the humans must kill them with a sword (For safety reasons). The zombies get nothing. You Can't tap a zombie. If you are killed as a zombie, you die and have to sit out against side of the room in a line, from first dead to last dead. When another 2 zombies die, the person at the front of the line will get back in. Humans may get out of the bunker to use swords. Zombies kill by touching the human. When there is a breech in the bunker, zombies may enter. The objective for the humans is to kill all the zombies. The zombie's objective is to destroy the bunker, or turn all humans into zombies.

Pictures!

Posted Image
When driving, keep an eye out for this sign.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Video!

If you're still validating, my aim is Echnalaid.

#178860 Switch Shot?

Posted by Echnalaid on 22 September 2008 - 05:37 PM in General Nerf

Some real information (although maybe you guys already knew this...at least it'll be in an old topic) can be found here.

Off Topic a little- I read what the comments were for the game, and I am appalled at the ignorance level. They have no idea what a Nerf gun and dart can do. Have them try staring down the Skull of Doomsayer and they'll see what they think is an 8 year old's game.
On topic- I probably would just buy the blaster for the integratibility.

#178853 Pa War

Posted by Echnalaid on 22 September 2008 - 05:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the confusion but if I do come I will more likely then not bring my brother as well.

So you are bringing him?

#178702 Spiderman 3 Dart Blaster

Posted by Echnalaid on 21 September 2008 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Is it a springer? And would you have to add support for the straps to attach it to another blaster?

#178550 Apoc 2008 Road Trip Video.

Posted by Echnalaid on 21 September 2008 - 12:42 AM in Nerf Wars

So that's what you look like without your masks! That's really cool how you got to travel across a continent to nerf.

#178487 Pa War

Posted by Echnalaid on 20 September 2008 - 08:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the mix-up. I'm bringing 2-ish guests. I did not know deadshooter had a NH account, so I accidentally added him and his friends as my guests. And I am a VERY high maybe, not a definite.

#178472 Most Popular Games At Nerf Wars

Posted by Echnalaid on 20 September 2008 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

This should be in the Nerf Wars section. As for games, I would say Siege, Free for all, Team death match, and Capture the flag.

#178468 Pa War

Posted by Echnalaid on 20 September 2008 - 06:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I am now bringing 5-ish guests now.

(I'm allowed to post this, right?)

#178050 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Echnalaid on 17 September 2008 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

^- Don't fucking quote the entire post! And pictures ONLY!
Since I'm here already, I may as well post something-
Posted Image
Old picture of Extremis, currently going through new coat of paint, it also has a lazy double clip mod.
Posted Image
Quick Switch Clip (I believe I am the first to figure this out)

EDIT- Damn, sputnik beat me to the flame.

#178027 Longshot Restrictor Removal

Posted by Echnalaid on 17 September 2008 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

THANK YOU :D i REALLY needed to remover that :rolleyes:...the pin waskinda bent and screwed put 59% of my stefans D: thanks for the tip

btw... for those who dont believe this... it worked for me perfectly ^^...well removing the parts ....but for sum reason if wont shoot oO

NO! NO! NO NECRO! NO! BAD SHVEET! Great, another noob necroing topics. And to everyone else, do not post in this thread because you think it's OK to after a necro! Sorry for backseat moderating.
And that post was awful. No SMS!

EDIT- I just realized what a hippocratic post that was. I shouldn't even be doing this!

#177979 My Longshot Mod

Posted by Echnalaid on 17 September 2008 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

Clean up some grammar, spelling, and capitalization. Shift is your friend. Also, know what you're talking about first, because you used words like "this thing" and "tech", which makes no sense unless you explain them. Oh yeah, don't use "wut" or other SMS. Use "what", and "I've". You have time to edit your post, so seize the opportunity. If I'm sounding like a complete bitch, I'm just trying to help you stay on and be a productive member of NH.

#177847 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Echnalaid on 16 September 2008 - 10:09 PM in Off Topic

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Melee.

#177694 A Few Neat Vulcan Mods

Posted by Echnalaid on 15 September 2008 - 11:57 PM in Modifications

Splitlip would be proud. My vulcan's belt holder can open with some force, and I have no problem clearing jams. And when I took out the barrel posts, it lessened range by 5-10 ft. Would I need to remove the main AR as well?

#177687 Nerfhaven Accessories Directory

Posted by Echnalaid on 15 September 2008 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

Falcon, I made a longshot clip mod that was designed for war, though that I'm not sure if it counts as an accessory.
The link- http://nerfhaven.com...=Quick Longshot
If it meets your standards and criteria, please add it in?

#177682 Nerf Hyper Fire Pre Order

Posted by Echnalaid on 15 September 2008 - 11:26 PM in General Nerf

you can pre order it on amazon.com.
it comes with two DTB and Two Nerf Eliminators and they are in orange and green.
it's $39.99 and will be released Oct. 1, 2008

It's the same thing they said about the vulcan, it's scheduled release was 9/1/08, but some got it in June. My target already has these in stock. I love the neon colors though.

#177462 Thinking About Starting A Regular Nerf Youtube Vlog

Posted by Echnalaid on 14 September 2008 - 10:45 PM in General Nerf

^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICarly

I wish I really didn't.

I hate that show. Like most of the tween nerfers on youtube keep flaming people and calling them nub. A nub is an extra piece or a useless tab that modders cut off. A nub is not a diss. I had to get that out of my system. And Sooth, go for it. Either mention to your viewers you have to be a productive member or don't be one.

#177280 Big Blast Use

Posted by Echnalaid on 14 September 2008 - 01:34 AM in General Nerf

I will have a Big Blast+Maverick mod by ECNO, and I know many ban plugged BBBB. If mine is plugged and has the Maverick integrated, could I use it in most wars? I know how it depends on the who's holding the war, but I'm talking in general.

#177277 Water Gun-nerf Gun Mod

Posted by Echnalaid on 14 September 2008 - 01:08 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

What is that? It looks like an RFR.

#177275 Blast Fire Modification

Posted by Echnalaid on 14 September 2008 - 01:05 AM in Modifications

Nice job, a very simple and easy mod. Personally, I suck a replacing barrels. I may try this if I ever get a Blastfire.

#177269 Ls Jam Door Mod.

Posted by Echnalaid on 14 September 2008 - 12:54 AM in Modifications

I just get rid of them since they really have no purpose. Good and easy mod, but if you are taking your gun apart, leave the jam door behind...it does nothing

Except for cosmetic purposes. Mine's gold so it would cover up the internals and not make it look retarded. A blue and orange bolt sled on a red/gold paintjob? Not very pleasant to look at.

#177199 What Is Your Favorite Nerf Gun?

Posted by Echnalaid on 13 September 2008 - 07:02 PM in Off Topic

What the mess is a Nite Strike? A NF perhaps?

Longshot and recon are fun to use. I don't have a hands down favorite though.

I think he's referring to the N-Strike Unity Power System.

#177164 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by Echnalaid on 13 September 2008 - 05:39 PM in General Nerf

Tek 10s for 50 cents each at a garage sale.
Longhot for free from a friend.

#177005 Crossfire Shield?

Posted by Echnalaid on 13 September 2008 - 12:16 AM in General Nerf

How would a crossfire shield be used in a big war? I'm thinking if it's hit 3 times, you drop it. What are your opinions about this shield and it's use in combat?

#176644 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by Echnalaid on 11 September 2008 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

That paint job reminds me of Iron Man's Silver Centurion Suit/Armor.

#176567 Ecno - October 11 - Coplay, Pennsylvania

Posted by Echnalaid on 11 September 2008 - 01:44 PM in Nerf Wars

One of my guests is a maybe, but me and my other one are still more than likely.

#176528 Scout Tech Target

Posted by Echnalaid on 10 September 2008 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

That was my second blaster! It's long gone now. It's been out 3 years ago. It performs better than the blue and the red ones by a lot.

#176232 Ecno - October 11 - Coplay, Pennsylvania

Posted by Echnalaid on 09 September 2008 - 07:37 PM in Nerf Wars

You can move me to the definite column.

Come on you sorry little ingrates - I want to see more people at this war. This is truly an awesome venue, too good to pass up.

-Groove

Awesome, if I can go, I do not want to be facing you and get The 9,999 Day Special from your Crossbow. But it will be an honor to meet Groove. By the way Rambo, move me up to more than likely with my 2-ish guests.

#176175 Ecno - October 11 - Coplay, Pennsylvania

Posted by Echnalaid on 09 September 2008 - 04:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a slight chance of coming at 2ish, but not on time at all.

If you do, bring your box of keef to sell stuff.

#176075 Pa War

Posted by Echnalaid on 08 September 2008 - 10:21 PM in Nerf Wars

HAHA! All that are coming shall fear my newly singled ls with DTB integration! Muhahahahaaaaaa.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Is it the same one you had last time, or is it another? Either way I do not want to be opposing you.

#176067 Pa War

Posted by Echnalaid on 08 September 2008 - 10:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Jot me down as a maybe, with 2-ish guests.

#175998 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by Echnalaid on 08 September 2008 - 06:56 PM in General Nerf

Same with kids for me, too. At Silencer's small NJ war, we we're playing a 2 fort siege round and a slew of kindergartners took over and stole our fort. But they were helpful somewhat by picking up some stray darts. Also, a bunch of 17 year old drugees who were sitting in a table next to our set up table where we place our not in use blasters, but the thing is they didn't say anything. They just snickered and and thought, "Wow. Why are those teenager fags playing Nerf with GOGGLES?!" The thing I hate is people who don't say what they are thinking about that you know they want to say that.

#175990 Ecno - October 11 - Coplay, Pennsylvania

Posted by Echnalaid on 08 September 2008 - 06:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe, plus my 2-ish guests.

#175831 New And In A Slight Hurry

Posted by Echnalaid on 07 September 2008 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

Alright, you ned to clean up your post

ba dnn tssh

I'm sorry, I'm typing in the dark. I love the edit button.

#175829 New And In A Slight Hurry

Posted by Echnalaid on 07 September 2008 - 10:32 PM in Modifications

Alright, you need to at least try to use spell check. It's Maverick. Try baghead's hot glue AR removal. It helps a lot for me.
EDIT- the link- http://nerfhaven.com...topic=4952&st=0

#175827 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by Echnalaid on 07 September 2008 - 10:30 PM in General Nerf

you're playing assassin with a black nerf gun or walking around with a duffel bag full of black nightfinders, you're just asking for the sort of hilarious misunderstanding that ends up on the 10 o'clock news.

I am sigging that.

#175817 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by Echnalaid on 07 September 2008 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

My brother keeps bugging me to saw the bottom part of my NF (The dart holders) and paint it flat black. i keep telling him a cop will stop me in the middle of a game, and his EXACT words are "Dude, it's a fucking toy, a cop's not going to stop you. You think they're that stupid!? They know what a real gun looks like." Obviously, he's never nerfed. He's a "sneak airsoft guns around the school and say nerf is gay because of it's dumb-fuck range and you have to play closely together and they don't hurt" person. I'm saying it looks like a real gun. So I was thinking on asking the NIC when a cop's stopped you in the middle of a game and asked you about your hopefully not flat black painted blasters. I know this is another "legality" thread, but I just want to hear everyone's experiences. And if someone is really dumb enough to make a nerf blaster look like a real firearm, speak up.

#173857 Vulcan, Is It Worth It?

Posted by Echnalaid on 31 August 2008 - 01:13 AM in General Nerf

You could have just searched the answers.

And just because I want to geek out about it-
1- It's out, and many people have them.
2- Totally worth it. 25 shots, full auto? The indoor war and siege emperor.
3- Yes, look at Splitlip's Vulcan overhaul.
4- It's awesomeness is so awesome, you will be blinded by it's awesomeness by just looking at it because it's so awesome. It's Hasbro's Best Thing Ever! Shooting, blasting, raiding fun! It's Hasbro's best thing ever! Kids!! Kids!! AAHHH!!!! It's so awesome!!

#173793 Nerf Fight: Hostages

Posted by Echnalaid on 30 August 2008 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

I love your videos. Very organized. If me and my friends tried something like this, they'd all laugh until they pass out and spaz out in front of the camera.

#173597 Legality Of Melee Weaponry

Posted by Echnalaid on 30 August 2008 - 02:14 AM in General Nerf

My friend is insane when t comes to reflecting darts. He can slice off a Magstrike raid, though he is weak against a Vulcan raid! And the shield we use is a hand crafted by me Hyrule Shield from halloween last year. It's pretty effective. The reason he uses that is because he sucks at aiming a projectile weapon. I like melee weapons, because you get to say "KNIFED!" when you stab someone.

#173587 Legality Of Melee Weaponry

Posted by Echnalaid on 30 August 2008 - 12:34 AM in General Nerf

In my nerf wars, my friend uses a foam, Dollar Tree sword in wars. He is very skilled at deflecting darts, I've also been making knives out of the same thing. And buying some chainsaws. Would these be legal at wars? I'm thinking it would count as a barrel tap.
Also on the subject of swords, in my neighborhood wars my sword using friend also uses a shield at the cost of a projectile weapon, and if hit/deflected 3 times, he has to stop usage. Then when he gets hit, when he returns to the game he regains his shield.