Longshot Restrictor Removal

The Easy Way.

28 replies to this topic

#1 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

Heres the easiest way to remove your brand new Longshot's AR.

All you need is a Longshot, screwdriver, and pipe cutters!

Sorry I don't have a few pics, its pretty easy to understand though, but heres CS's LS internal pic.
Posted Image

First, tear that shit open and get to the plunger tube and boltsled.

You can try taking off the boltsled (its pinned in) but the one's I've seen recently have been really tight or glued.

Then, take out the plunger. Just so you have the bolt and plunger tube (which is one piece, for now ^_^).

Now, you only have like, 2 mm of room to cut the bolt from the line in the photo. You can cut anywhere to the left of the deep groove, to the other line.
Posted Image

Just tighten the cutters a little, and cut until the front of the bolt falls off. Posted Image

Now you can take out the huge AR and drill the peg out.
Posted Image

Now, you can just super glue it back in when your done, but if your putting in a stronger spring, you may want to try an epoxy of some sort.

The best part about this is how its so damn easy! I do NOT recommend a dremel, or saw of ANY sort for this. Only pipe cutters will work, otherwise it won't be the 2 pieces that it should be.

Hope you all like this, and hope you all use it. I JUST thought of it right as I drilled out my AR's, so thats why I'm missing a few pics.

Booyah!
-keef

Edited by keef, 11 August 2008 - 10:17 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#2 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

Very well done this will make it much easier to work with longshots now.

Edited by g-force, 11 August 2008 - 10:21 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

Neato keef. This reminds me a bit of ofall's recon mod. I guess that if you really wanted to, you could do what deaddumpster did and saw the front part off, and glue petg in there. I guess that would improve ranges a lot.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#4 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Nice pictures B) I was actually just in the process of opening up a longshot so this will really come in handy, thanks!

#5 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:10 PM

Keef, you know how the new LS's have the black bit instead of orange part in the plunger? Would it be different for the new LS's or did Hasbro just decide to change the color and do nothing else?
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#6 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

Pipe Cutter... I never would have though of that! Awesome! This should be added to that Longshot directory that Piney made.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:38 PM

Keef, you know how the new LS's have the black bit instead of orange part in the plunger? Would it be different for the new LS's or did Hasbro just decide to change the color and do nothing else?

Nope, its all the same.
Its just different colors, as far as I can notice.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

I thought it would be possible to cut it at that line but was too afraid to do it. Thanks for sharing.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#9 rifleman

rifleman

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

I thought it would be possible to cut it at that line but was too afraid to do it. Thanks for sharing.

actually i did this when i got my long shot and the bolt after awhile falls off at that part
"Nerf to all and to all Nerf all Night!"

My guns are in my PI on my profile.

More people need to nerf in North Dakota

#10 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

Vary nice Keef.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#11 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Dayko.

Surprisingly, I was trying to cut through it to put brass in it, but I saw it came apart in 2 pieces, so now I'm keeping it for now.

This makes it really easy to brass, whether it be Angel'd, or singled. The only thing you have to do is plug the hole in the bolt and its a quick, easy mod.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#12 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

Nice Mod Dude, Very Clean, But Does the Super Glue keep the Bolt Together well, And has it lost any air seal, IT looks very easy to do though, Nice work keef
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#13 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

So far I haven't noticed any leaks by there (with a dart in), but it may come weak sometime...

As I said, if your gonna add another spring, defiantly use an epoxy, or JB Weld or something strong like that. Otherwise it will just come apart, and then, BOOM: Broken longshot!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#14 super geeK

super geeK

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

Thank you!..
No other methods worked for me
but instead of using a pipe cutter, i just used a saw and cut around it.
"You see this?!
No hair.
you know what that means
im aero-dynamic, i can take on danger."

#15 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:28 AM

So far I haven't noticed any leaks by there (with a dart in), but it may come weak sometime...

As I said, if your gonna add another spring, defiantly use an epoxy, or JB Weld or something strong like that. Otherwise it will just come apart, and then, BOOM: Broken longshot!

At which time, you might as well start on an Angel Breech since you should already have a tube or pipe cutter (this is a VERY useful tool).

#16 Pebbles

Pebbles

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

A friend did something very similar on his longshot. If you don't glue it shut and it misfires, the back part will go above the front part and jam the gun. If you have a stronger spring, it may break something.
An idea won't work unless you do.
Foamblast: Home of NC Nerf's largest known clan.

Look at it! No, no, come back here and look at it! Bad members. Baaaaad members! -VACC

#17 shveet

shveet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

THANK YOU :D i REALLY needed to remover that :rolleyes:...the pin waskinda bent and screwed put 59% of my stefans D: thanks for the tip

btw... for those who dont believe this... it worked for me perfectly ^^...well removing the parts ....but for sum reason if wont shoot oO

Edited by shveet, 17 September 2008 - 09:16 PM.

#18 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

THANK YOU :D i REALLY needed to remover that :rolleyes:...the pin waskinda bent and screwed put 59% of my stefans D: thanks for the tip

btw... for those who dont believe this... it worked for me perfectly ^^...well removing the parts ....but for sum reason if wont shoot oO

NO! NO! NO NECRO! NO! BAD SHVEET! Great, another noob necroing topics. And to everyone else, do not post in this thread because you think it's OK to after a necro! Sorry for backseat moderating.
And that post was awful. No SMS!

EDIT- I just realized what a hippocratic post that was. I shouldn't even be doing this!

Edited by Echnalaid, 17 September 2008 - 09:53 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#19 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

Echna, don't worry about it, it isn't a 30 day old topic until tomorrow anyways =)

Svheet?- PM me with a picture of the longshots internals. I can help you from there.

For the price of shipping and a $5 tip, I could fix it for you too.

Also, on Nerfhaven, we try to use capitalization and complete sentences to better describe our posts and the latter. Usually, if someone doesn't comply with that, or anything else in the Code of Conduct (Top left corner) they get banned for ~9999 days (2036 or some ridiculous year).
Timothy M-Lick <3

#20 shveet

shveet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

Echna, don't worry about it, it isn't a 30 day old topic until tomorrow anyways =)

Svheet?- PM me with a picture of the longshots internals. I can help you from there.

For the price of shipping and a $5 tip, I could fix it for you too.

Also, on Nerfhaven, we try to use capitalization and complete sentences to better describe our posts and the latter. Usually, if someone doesn't comply with that, or anything else in the Code of Conduct (Top left corner) they get banned for ~9999 days (2036 or some ridiculous year).

Im not saying it is broken or anything, im just saying that the seal still isnt tight enough.

And also thanks for the heads up and i thought i read all of the Code of Conduct :)

Edit: Well it looks to be working now since i use a bit of Ducktape to cover the seal and it feals as if i did nothing to it. Actually i feal it works (maybe) better then my attempt with a glue gun.

Edited by shveet, 18 September 2008 - 06:32 AM.

#21 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

I'll try this with my next LS as my current one is going to be turreted.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#22 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

Does anyone think that If I add a Recon and a Nitefinder spring in with the longshot spring that any part of the gun would break? If so, which spring should I take out?
I believe in the true lord Joseph Stalin. Problem?

#23 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

You should read This post.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#24 Link2TheFuture

Link2TheFuture

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

Every guide for AR removal suggests drilling or sawing and stuff like that. I lacked any of these tools when I modded my LS, so I went around the AR and simply cut the glue. After you do this, both parts to the AR simply fall out.

This was my first post, so feel free to call me out on anything I did wrong.
Representative to the West Tokyo Shogunate.
If you're in Tokyo and happen to be packing foam weaponry, PM me for upcoming wars in the area.

-- Link2TheFuture --

#25 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:38 AM

Every guide for AR removal suggests drilling or sawing and stuff like that. I lacked any of these tools when I modded my LS, so I went around the AR and simply cut the glue. After you do this, both parts to the AR simply fall out.

This was my first post, so feel free to call me out on anything I did wrong.

That's exactly what this mod accomplishes, except with different tools.

Nice job, hope you don't run into trouble for your longshot!
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users