Norther of Heaven's Content

There have been 337 items by Norther of Heaven (Search limited from 03-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#172852 Condom Bow

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 27 August 2008 - 01:13 PM in Modifications

I thought you were gonna use an actual condom.

I right away thought about all the jokes made by everyone about lubricant and all the gay jokes made on the haven and it made perfect sense. To bad huh?

Great way to make a good ghetto fix. Hope it lasts.

Speaking of which, Random fact:
I once used KY to lubricate one of my guns. :P

#172848 Condom Bow

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 27 August 2008 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

Cool, smart idea.
But i'm not sure how long the plastic will last like that.

#172829 Help Plz

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 27 August 2008 - 11:30 AM in Modifications

This is getting ridiculous. We should set up a quiz of the rules for all new members. Likely they'd all phail it though.

#172474 My At2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 August 2008 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the comment, O pineapple-iest of administrators. :)
I used to always see barrels on the turret of AT2K mods that pointed inwards because the modder had wrapped e-tape around them to keep them sturdy.

I'm now working on a speedloader for the turret, should be done in a little bit.

#172440 My At2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 August 2008 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

The red cap on mine felt like it was..lubricated or something, i dried it all off so i could hot glue it on.

And yes, the bic pen mod is basically when you take a bic pen, cut it to the size of the little spring on the "trigger rod" i guess you'd call it and slice it down one side so it can fit onto the rod. It makes it so when you pull the trigger the release valve is opened up more to allow more airflow, resulting in more pressure for the shot.

#172342 My At2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 August 2008 - 01:53 PM in Modifications

Hey, its up for grabs once i post it. :ph34r:

#172322 My At2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 August 2008 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

No problem. I should try this some time, as I have a spare at2k lying around doing nothing. Maybe I should integrate it. . . ;)

Ohh.. i have big plans for getting another AT2K and integrating it with a BBB the likes of which i've never seen done before.

#172301 At2k Questions

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 August 2008 - 11:43 AM in Modifications

SInce this is a AT2K questions thread I thought I'd post mine also.

How does someone generally load a long barrel thats not a breech? A ramrod?

Well it could be a coupler and not just a long barrel. Couplers are long barrels that are detachable and you manually feed the dart into the end of it that goes into the gun so it travels through the entire barrel when fired.

Yes, ramroding is used sometimes. I even use it on my NF sometimes.

#172300 My At2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 August 2008 - 11:34 AM in Modifications

Nice use of a pen by the way. I'll try it on mine when it's shipped to my house. Did you saw the bottom of the markers off?

I cut them to a good length with a PVC cutter, with the little prongs still in the barrel.

Just one question. How did you get the crayola barrels to be that clean inside. What i mean is, how did you get
the prongs out to that extent.

I took the new Xacto knife i had with the longer blade and just cut them out from that end of the marker.

How'd you get it apart without completely destroying the red cap?

I assume you mean the red cap near the pump handle? Its on there with some kind of weak glue, just a little leverage and a flathead screwdriver made it pop off.

#172229 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 August 2008 - 12:09 AM in Modifications

I think this would best be used as an integration weapon. But it can be fun to just shoot people out of the nowhere. :D

I don't see the potential for an integration in this mainly because of the lack of a trigger. Because you would have to pull back the plunger rod, it would have to be on a farily exposed part of the gun.

However, I think this is ideal to hide in your pocket when your opponents think you've fired your last shot.
Good work.

I was leaning toward integrating it to an exposed part of the gun (of course) and having it on there fairly sturdily so it could be pulled back without snapping off. It could be used for a quick 2 shots without a trigger, they aren't necessarily necessary. Its more of a matter of personal preference, if you care if theres a trigger or not.

#172220 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 24 August 2008 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

I think this would best be used as an integration weapon. But it can be fun to just shoot people out of the nowhere. :D

#172215 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 24 August 2008 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Does it have a trigger or do you just pull it back and let go?

#172211 My At2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 24 August 2008 - 11:29 PM in Modifications

So i finally got a AT2K from Kohls on Saturday morning, right when they opened. It didn't even bother me when the girls (including the manager) were kinda making fun of me for buying it by saying "All the way to Kohls for a new gun.." behind my back.

But anyways, its a beautiful gun.

I plugged the pump and did the bic pen mod. (Thanks to 123caviler for the help) Basic stuff.
I also of course sawed off the barrel and took the restrictors out.

So to make the new barrels more sturdy i took the rest of the Bic pen that i had and filled it all up with hot glue.
Posted Image

I glued it to the center of the turret to act as a means of stabilization for the barrels.
Posted Image
Goop'd the crayolas in place and let set over night.

Then i put hot glue in between them which dried quickly, holding them straight while the goop dried.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Wrapped them in E-tape once dry.
Posted Image

With new barrels:
Posted Image

Now, since i have fairly large hands its a big pain to pump this thing since the pump handle is so close to the turret. I fixed this by hot gluing the hell out of a piece of CPVC i had lying around to the bottom of the pump handle:
Posted Image

Then wrapped it up in E-tape for comfort and cosmetic reasons.
Posted Image

Ranges are lethal, 80-90 Ft with 4 good pumps.
I've always had this interest with burst shots in guns, primarily in multi-barreled ones. I was going to use a Sharpshooter II for carrying out this fantasy of having multiple burst shots waiting in a sidearm or secondary gun, but I think this AT2K does this much better.

Video of using burst shots:

Qs? Cs?

#172172 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 24 August 2008 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

This is all really nice, I'd say your the "Angel" of the Vulcan so far.
How's that for a compliment? :D

#171885 Stripping Paint

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 08:04 PM in Modifications

WD40

Isn't that a sort of lubricant?
If not and if this is a widely known fact then please forgive, i've never painted (or stripped the paint off) any guns before.

#171778 Longshot Troubles

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 01:07 PM in Modifications

If thats the case can someone please tell me how to fill up that huge gap that there is between the dtg and the longshot?

You mean once you integrate it? I would think that the DTG would be blocking the gap if you do it a certain way.

#171775 Stripping Paint

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 01:01 PM in Modifications

Why would you want to do that?
Why not just paint over it? It won't hurt the detail any.

#171744 At2k Bic Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 10:59 AM in Modifications

Thought so. Thanks.

#171738 At2k Bic Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

I just got my first (<3) AT2K this morning and i want the bic pen mod on it, but im not sure if you put the spring close to the air tank or let the pen separate them. Or do you completely take the spring out? Help?

#171681 Dart Tag Or Firefly

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 August 2008 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

Dart Tag. Firefly is....well, shit.

#171421 The Scimitar

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 August 2008 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Amazing..amazing work. I only wish that more guns were meant to be used as shields so we could have more mods that involve them.

#171218 Eliminator Internals

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 August 2008 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

Cool..how much was it?

#170984 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

Very well.. but god i can't wait to see this.

#170981 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

I request, no, DEMAND a video be taken of this machine.

#170945 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

So i put in all the springs (listed above) and it gets maybe 60-65ft.
Oh well, my BBB is my primary gun anyways. I'll use the LS as a back up if I need it.

#170932 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 12:48 PM in Modifications

I'm gonna try out the original, recon, and 2 mav springs and see how that works.

#170914 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 11:14 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the suggestion, for some reason I always thought those had the reverse springs in them. (the ones that are stetched out as opposed to compressed)

#170911 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 10:58 AM in Modifications

So how many springs (and what springs) do you feel comfortable with in your Longshot? Also, what ranges if you can give them.

You could use less springs or only one and just stretch the hell out of them.

Talk about the blind leading the blind. I don't usually advocate judging someone's expertise based on their post count, but here I might make an exception. Stretching a spring may give you a temporary increase in the force which is applied to the plunger, but the spring will quickly return to it's original state. On top of that, stretching the spring causes the spring to loose it's shape overall, which may result in the spring ending up weaker than it was before.

Don't worry, im not that dim. I know that fact. :D

my LS has a longshot spring recon spring a maverick spring and a nightfinder spring

Is it a bitch to prime?

#170866 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:44 AM in Modifications

I would use a BBB spring if i had a spare one..
Maybe i'll try to buy one. Has anyone ever found one in a hardware store with similar qualities?

#170860 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:34 AM in Modifications

Such as..?

Mine with the 2 Mav springs and the original got maybe around 50-60 ft. flat. Maybe.

#170856 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

Maybe, but like having at least 2 springs in at once.

I believe someone, Ice i think, told me on youtube how he got crazy ranges by using a combination of 3 springs in his. And not to say anything bad about him, but i don't see how thats probable. And if he DID use 3, the same 3 as me, im not getting anywhere near as good range.

#170853 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:19 AM in Modifications

I've got the original LS spring in as well as another, sturdier, probably way too powerful for the longshot spring in, and its a bitch to prime. Last time i did I think i heard something snap, but i'll check to see if anythings damaged in the morning. I used to have the original and 2 maverick springs (they fit really well) in, but i was unsatisfied with the ranges.

So how many springs (and what springs) do you feel comfortable with in your Longshot? Also, what ranges if you can give them.

#170766 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

Then i don't really see how that is anything like my mod.
Other than how the "gun" in the controller slides out like it says.

#170752 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

Sooo... the actual gun slides out of the controller? Is it on a tactical rail?

#170746 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

I posted it a while ago, here it is. I tried fixing the font and size last night and made it worse. :ph34r:

Thats really cool, i've never had any of the ATXKs before to try anything with them, but this looks really good. Nice job.

#170617 What Does A Sidearm Mean?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

A sidearm can be clasified as a pistol or similar gun that can be used quickly as a sort of backup weapon.
True Blacksunshine.

#170586 Firefly Modification And Painting Guide - Pic Heavy

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

this is why ive never been turned on to the idea of modding the firefly, even after modification its not really worth it (for me at least).

awwwwwwesome paintjob, though.

#170514 A Different Kind Of Crossbow...

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 12:36 AM in Modifications

Love it when POS-looking guns end up being deadly.

#170507 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

Its fine.
Well im assuming that you now do have a camera, so do you have plans on posting it? I've been hearing about all these other mods like this but no one can ever find them! I'd like to see what others have done with the tactical rail.

#170500 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 August 2008 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

I added a trigger!

And it comes from the battery pack cover off the original tactical light, so it looks even more like the light did without modification.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just hot glued on to the top of the catch plate with the little notch at the end of the cover. Works just by pressing down, and is now MUCH more comfortable. Now maybe i can USE it! :P