My At2k

Barrel and Pump Handle Mods

16 replies to this topic

#1 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

So i finally got a AT2K from Kohls on Saturday morning, right when they opened. It didn't even bother me when the girls (including the manager) were kinda making fun of me for buying it by saying "All the way to Kohls for a new gun.." behind my back.

But anyways, its a beautiful gun.

I plugged the pump and did the bic pen mod. (Thanks to 123caviler for the help) Basic stuff.
I also of course sawed off the barrel and took the restrictors out.

So to make the new barrels more sturdy i took the rest of the Bic pen that i had and filled it all up with hot glue.
Posted Image

I glued it to the center of the turret to act as a means of stabilization for the barrels.
Posted Image
Goop'd the crayolas in place and let set over night.

Then i put hot glue in between them which dried quickly, holding them straight while the goop dried.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Wrapped them in E-tape once dry.
Posted Image

With new barrels:
Posted Image

Now, since i have fairly large hands its a big pain to pump this thing since the pump handle is so close to the turret. I fixed this by hot gluing the hell out of a piece of CPVC i had lying around to the bottom of the pump handle:
Posted Image

Then wrapped it up in E-tape for comfort and cosmetic reasons.
Posted Image

Ranges are lethal, 80-90 Ft with 4 good pumps.
I've always had this interest with burst shots in guns, primarily in multi-barreled ones. I was going to use a Sharpshooter II for carrying out this fantasy of having multiple burst shots waiting in a sidearm or secondary gun, but I think this AT2K does this much better.

Video of using burst shots:

Qs? Cs?
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:31 AM

Nice use of a pen by the way. I'll try it on mine when it's shipped to my house. Did you saw the bottom of the markers off?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 sidamazo

sidamazo

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:49 AM

Just one question. How did you get the crayola barrels to be that clean inside. What i mean is, how did you get
the prongs out to that extent.

lols - extent

#4 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

Well to clean out my marker barrels I used to use a 1/2" drill bit. Then I found out that Roseart markers are the same size, a dollar or so cheaper, and don't have any ridges at all on the inside. Look into using those. They're like $0.60 at Wal-mart for a pack of 11.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 sidamazo

sidamazo

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

Really, thats amazing. Thanks for the tip, I needed to get to wal-mart for paint and maybe a new gun, anyway.

#6 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

How'd you get it apart without completely destroying the red cap?

#7 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

Nice use of a pen by the way. I'll try it on mine when it's shipped to my house. Did you saw the bottom of the markers off?

I cut them to a good length with a PVC cutter, with the little prongs still in the barrel.

Just one question. How did you get the crayola barrels to be that clean inside. What i mean is, how did you get
the prongs out to that extent.

I took the new Xacto knife i had with the longer blade and just cut them out from that end of the marker.

How'd you get it apart without completely destroying the red cap?

I assume you mean the red cap near the pump handle? Its on there with some kind of weak glue, just a little leverage and a flathead screwdriver made it pop off.
I beat my wife."

#8 123caviler

123caviler

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

No problem. I should try this some time, as I have a spare at2k lying around doing nothing. Maybe I should integrate it. . . ;)

Edited by 123caviler, 25 August 2008 - 12:25 PM.

QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

O YEAH!
Mr.Kool_Aid,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. blah blah blah

OMC is fucking god.

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:28 PM

Wow, that turret looks very clean. Nice use of the pen, and the hot glue. A lot of time when people, (like myself) use hot glue in small areas, like in between a turret, it looks very messy.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

No problem. I should try this some time, as I have a spare at2k lying around doing nothing. Maybe I should integrate it. . . ;)

Ohh.. i have big plans for getting another AT2K and integrating it with a BBB the likes of which i've never seen done before.
I beat my wife."

#11 123caviler

123caviler

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

You're supposed to make it a surprise, I could steal it. :ph34r: Hehehe. Just Kidding :D
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

O YEAH!
Mr.Kool_Aid,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. blah blah blah

OMC is fucking god.

#12 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hey, its up for grabs once i post it. :ph34r:
I beat my wife."

#13 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have something to ask.

I swear I'm going to sound like a TOTAL noob for asking this, and I really can't believe I've been on Nerfhaven for close-ish to a year and gone through over 200 posts before ever figuring it out, but WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE NERF INTERNET COMMUNITY IS A BIC PEN MOD?! I know that it has something to do with putting a segment of a Bic pen on or near the firing pin of an air gun, but I can't imagine what you actually do, and what performance difference it would make.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#14 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

I assume you mean the red cap near the pump handle? Its on there with some kind of weak glue, just a little leverage and a flathead screwdriver made it pop off.

Your's a lemon in this case. NONE of my 4 AT2k's were that easy. I tried.

WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE NERF INTERNET COMMUNITY IS A BIC PEN MOD?!

I'm pretty sure it's where you take a Bic Pen, take out the insides and cut a really small section of it and either slide it over or somehow attach it to the firing pin spring/orange thing at the end of the firing pin. It makes it so when you pull the trigger back, you are pulling the firing pin at the exact same time to help release the air faster and to not leak out before the majority of the air is released.

I don't really think it'll help with performance unless your blaster has really bad problems with a slow air release...

Edited by Galaxy613, 25 August 2008 - 09:03 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#15 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

The red cap on mine felt like it was..lubricated or something, i dried it all off so i could hot glue it on.

And yes, the bic pen mod is basically when you take a bic pen, cut it to the size of the little spring on the "trigger rod" i guess you'd call it and slice it down one side so it can fit onto the rod. It makes it so when you pull the trigger the release valve is opened up more to allow more airflow, resulting in more pressure for the shot.
I beat my wife."

#16 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

Nice.

Looks like mine, a little bit.

Posted Image

I used a 3/4" SCH 40 PVC tee fitting, slips over the pump handle. Some epoxy or hot glue, and it's set.

Some 3/4" PVC (or you can use a 1/2" SCH 40 PVC telescopic coupler; works the same), and a 3/4" PVC endcap, and it looks tidy.

I also chopped some of the shell away next to the turret because my PETG would move and flex when I flicked it with my thumb; your "pen" mod seems to make the turret solid. I like that.

Yours is nice, too.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#17 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:30 PM

Thanks for the comment, O pineapple-iest of administrators. :)
I used to always see barrels on the turret of AT2K mods that pointed inwards because the modder had wrapped e-tape around them to keep them sturdy.

I'm now working on a speedloader for the turret, should be done in a little bit.
I beat my wife."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users