Aimless's Content

There have been 150 items by Aimless (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#173877 Breathing Plastic Dust/fumes

Posted by Aimless on 31 August 2008 - 07:08 AM in Modifications

To bad (as Badger said) common sense isn't really that common...On topic:
I have safety glasses and some gloves, and good ventilation (I modify with the garage open, but i'm in the back of the garage, in front of the cars, and sometimes with a fan). Mostly all of the time, I don't use the glasses or the gloves (because i'm mentally retarded) so yesterday, I cut my fingers... and whenever I use something out of a spray can (like silicone lubricant or spray paint) I always do it near the exit of the garage. But here's my question:

1.) Can breathing the fumes coming from that hot-glue do anything at all to you?
2.) Can licking the hot glue (to cool it down faster, I don't do this anymore because I use a small cup thingy of water to cool things down now) do anything at all to you?
3.) Can cutting brass with a pipe cutter (the ones that you twist the pipe instead of use force) do anything because when I start cutting, it starts to smell funny, yet I don't feel any "symptoms," maybe it's just the metal scratching against metal that's making that smell...
4.) Can melted plastic do anything (honestly, I'm just asking this because even though I don't have anything that can melt plastic, other than a lighter, e.g. dremel at the highest setting with sanding bit) to your lungs?

Because if any of those can, i'm pretty much going to be really messed up in the future because I do breathe fumes from the hot glue gun (because I don't constantly/frequently turn it off/on alot, usually I just leave it on). Or (now I don't) "used to" lick the hot glue, and sometimes, when it just happens, maybe because of the wind or something, the fumes from those aerosol (spelling?) cans get into my lungs.
Oh, and I don't really breathe in the plastic dust because usually plastic from PCV pipe is too thick, coarse, whatever the word is... to breathe in.

Unless you're constantly breathing those things in for LONG periods of time, you shouldn't have a problem.

#173876 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 31 August 2008 - 06:59 AM in Modifications

Awesome paintjob Axelion, thats the color scheme Larami should have used on it!

Well my day is ruined thanks to my parents having a shit fit over some plastic toys.

Here are the breeches I was supposed to deliver today.
Posted Image
Due the inconsistent ID of the PVC, I had to custom fit each barrel to a specific breech, hence the 2 dots on Badger's breech.

#173871 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 31 August 2008 - 06:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Unable to make it due to unforseen crap, Splitlip, Badger, Nerfonfier, I'm going to ship the breeches to you, PM me to make arrangements.

#173695 What Is The Largest Amount Of Stefans

Posted by Aimless on 30 August 2008 - 01:40 PM in General Nerf

We counted them and he had gotten 10,000...........Thats alota darts...Good quality too.

10,000 darts. Really. 10,000.

I really doubt it... Did you count or just estimate?

By to way, I can make a decent stefan in 10 seconds, so it is possible if your friend, but how did he not get bored after 8 hours?

Probably OCD to the max.

The most have ever made in one sitting is... 10, actually I wasn't making them, I was gluing the heads back on.

#173607 Women Who Nerf: Boost Or Decrease Attractiveness?

Posted by Aimless on 30 August 2008 - 08:02 AM in General Nerf

As a single man I find the notion of a female nerfer quite attractive, more so if they are also into the modding. Alas, my search for such a woman has been fruitless :D

#173603 Atbk

Posted by Aimless on 30 August 2008 - 07:17 AM in Modifications

Just went outside and tested it. The muzzle velocity on this is incredible. I don't know if that is true across the board with air guns or not, because the AT is the only air gun I have (i hate working on them, and don't like using them). I don't have any official measured ranges but I know that my backyard is about 100ft deep, and I can shoot from fence to fence with it. I would say ranges are 100ft +/- 10ft.

Welcome to the land of airguns, enjoy your stay :D

Airguns kick ass when it comes to power and range, though they tend to be overkill for CQB.

#173394 Difference Between 1st Gen Bbb And Reissue?

Posted by Aimless on 29 August 2008 - 02:43 PM in General Nerf

I ripped the spring out of my Target BBB and measured the force at 3" of compression. Though my bathroom scale isn't the most accurate thing the world I got a reading of 11lbs -/+1lbs, the reported force of the old spring is around 15lbs. I might have got a dud, but I still find it odd.

Edit: Actually when I think about it, the weaker spring would be Hasbro's way of avoiding backlash from possible injuries which fits in perfectly with the current trend.

#173318 Double Shot

Posted by Aimless on 28 August 2008 - 11:27 PM in General Nerf

Great, if I can find the piece that broke off I might be able to do something with it. Between my father and my girlfriend's, we've got just about every tool/material on the planet.

Got a CNC unit? :D

#173307 Double Shot

Posted by Aimless on 28 August 2008 - 10:58 PM in General Nerf

Sounds like the first plunger isn't cocking, it's catch is probably broken or missing a spring. Buzz Bee isn't really known for it's QC.

#173306 Nerf Dart Tag Blaster + Buzz Bee Big Blast Integration Guide - Picture

Posted by Aimless on 28 August 2008 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

Seems fair. The only problem I see I might run into is rigging the DTG trigger up to the BBBB trigger. I'd prefer the BBBB, but the LBB seems more common. I haven't been able to find a BBBB at a Target, TRU, or Wal mart. For someone whos had both, what are the size differenences? Are the vlves construction similair becasue I haven't seen LBB internals.

Edit: Like I said, whatever I can find will have to do. Ebay is my best bet

Well, you're lucky that Im in a helpful mood today, so here's some glorious comparison photos!

BBBB on top, LBB on bottom. Note: Mine aren't stock, the shells have been cut down, couplered, pumps plugged.
Posted Image

BBBB top, LBB bottom.
Posted Image

Trigger comparisions, BBBB left, LBB right.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#173302 Difference Between 1st Gen Bbb And Reissue?

Posted by Aimless on 28 August 2008 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

I have the newer Target reissue, it actually has a spring-loaded AR like the all the newer blasters. Other than that Im not sure of what else is different.

#173251 Nerf Dart Tag Blaster + Buzz Bee Big Blast Integration Guide - Picture

Posted by Aimless on 28 August 2008 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Now that sounds about right. Defiantely something worth trying. If the AT2K or 3K doesn't work, than a BBBB or LBB should work nicely.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what is the difference between the LBB and BBBB? Ones by Lanard and the other is by Buzz Bee? Thanks for the ranges....the pics will be interesting

From my experience, both had trigger issues, I needed to rebuild the LBB trigger within 50 shots out of the box, the BBBB needs to have a reinforced trigger if you plan on plugging the pump. The BBBB's valve dumps air MUCH faster than the LBB one, but it can get hard to pull at higher numbers of pumps, the LBB valve feels the same from 0-30 pumps.

#173055 The Things You Say...

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 10:23 PM in Off Topic

There's always battlecries, but I don't have many or use them often.

The few I have.
"Salty chocolate balls!" as I unload a Buzzsaw into my opponent.
"Rambo time!" as I unload a Magstrike into my opponent.
"Freedooooooommm!!!!" as I rush recklessly toward opponents.

#173048 Paint Job Questions

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 10:10 PM in Modifications

Don't forget to sand the surface a bit first, wet-sanding with 400grit before your first coat will really help with paint adhesion.

You can skip the primer but you NEED to throughly sand everything down. And clearcoat is king.

#172978 At3k Check Valve

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

Yep, it'll work fine. You also get a bit of tubing with it :lol:

#172955 The Things You Say...

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 07:04 PM in Off Topic

I have a part time job at a shop that works on/repairs police equipment, fire trucks, EMT vehicles...Yeah. Thats where 99% of my modding takes place due to the sheer amount of tools at my disposal.

It's funny to see how all the female workers think I'm nuts, and the male workers think it's awesome. Also, one of the guys can't get over how streamline darts look like small wangs, if that counts.

Well as my cousin puts it: "War is men shooting penis-shaped things at each other, the only difference is size."

#172948 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 06:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Would a Mega Missile count as a pistol? :lol:

No. A pistol round involves single-shot springers. The Mega Missile is a pump gun for one thing, and just because it is small, it is still not a pistol.

Damn, oh well, then fear my arrow shootin' NF! :lol:

#172944 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Awesome looking LBB Axlelion! The paintjob looks factory stock if not better than.

My brand new BBB, nested couplers, dead-space filled, and a simple but effective breech.
Posted Image

A shot of the breech. All you need is a hacksaw and files!
Posted Image

As for ranges, not a clue, but it shoots hard enough. Leaves dents in a Dart Tag vest, nuff said.

#172934 The Things You Say...

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

I once said "Now I fill this hole with my Goop." Needless to say, my brother misinterpreted that, and lulz was abound.

#172931 Nerf Dart Tag Blaster + Buzz Bee Big Blast Integration Guide - Picture

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Ahh...I guess I don't know as much as I think. Thanks....Hopefully I can get my hands on a AT3k on ebay...Thanks again

The internals of 2Ks and 3Ks are similar, just that the 3K has a larger pump. 2Ks are easier to find, a note if you're just ripping the guts out of them.

#172920 Nerf Dart Tag Blaster + Buzz Bee Big Blast Integration Guide - Picture

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

Supermaxx...sorry. Seems like a lot of people replace internals of guns with that of a Supermaxx gun.

Actually more often than not, it's AT2k or 3k internals as SM1.5Ks are not as plentiful.

#172908 Other Projects

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 05:40 PM in Off Topic

Well, it isn't really a project so to say, but more of a series of projects. I speak of my photography.
Posted Image

Larger version at my Deviant Art

#172904 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 05:28 PM in General Nerf

My first Nerf Gun was an SM750. I wish I knew what the HELL happened to that thing. Also, I wish I bought an SM5K and an Sm1.5K then too...

My first nerf gun was a SM500/sm5k pack. I still use these guns to this day but am too afraid to mod them as i feel ill break at least the sm500.

Seems that most of the people I know had SuperMaxx blasters as their first ones, damn I miss my SM1.5k :)

#172882 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 03:25 PM in Nerf Wars

You know now that you opened your mouth, you're going to run right into one of those arrows during a pistol round, right?

Would a Mega Missile count as a pistol? :P

#172860 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 01:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

You should try using silicone caulk, it should be dry after a night, and as a bonus, they bounce quite a bit too.

#172858 Perfect Ramrods

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 01:23 PM in General Nerf

I use the mighty Lego axle. 2 '12' technic axles connected by a spool link, with a technic ball joint at the end and hot glued togehter. I know, I'm a Lego nerd.

I used to use legos for ramrods also, until I forgot to take them out of the barrel, needless to say, there is still an axle fragment in my wall.

#172855 Condom Bow

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 01:19 PM in Modifications

Cool, smart idea.
But i'm not sure how long the plastic will last like that.

Well, the plastic bag should last longer than an actual condom, none the less, the constant thrusting will eventually destroy it.

Edit: To Bomberman: Silicone grease/oil should be safe for most if not all plastics.

#172853 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I can sell you some BBB arrows, and maybe some stefans. I'm not sure of my supplies as of right now.

Excellent, as I plan on playing a round using only arrows.

#172785 "whats That Sweetness?"

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

40ft with a missile? That'll suck to be hit by one at close range.

#172783 Old School Vs. New School

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 12:24 AM in General Nerf

Can we stop making topics with polls please?

At any given point in time there has always been a few blasters available that were truly useful in a war. Right now those are the Nite Finder, the Big Bad Bow, the Big Blast, and maybe the Magstrike in limited circumstances.
The vast majority of blasters released in past or present were very gimmicky. The gimmick is always what leads to higher sales and will be an unavoidable staple for years to come.

Nerf as a brand is more popular than it has ever been and while I personally do not like most of the N-Strike product line, it still includes an unparalleled level of variety. At no previous point in time were SO MANY different Nerf blaster available at the same time. This resurgence in popularity and sales is what we have to thank for the plethora of off brand competition that has produced a good deal of very capable blasters.

When I was much younger there were MAYBE four different blasters on the toy shelves to choose from at any given time. Such is not the case today with the current Nerf product line which includes twenty-two distinct blasters.

So even with all of its poor performers, there's no time like the present.

Right on, Slug. Though there is one thing that irks me about the current blaster trend, they seem to get weaker with every new revision, both structurally and performance, with few exceptions. Fortunately, theres also Buzz Bee and Lanard which means there will be a few more decent blasters.

#172777 Nerf Armor

Posted by Aimless on 26 August 2008 - 11:55 PM in General Nerf

I also wear armor (Dart Tag vest) for the pain reduction, because a BBBB shot from 5ft to the spine hurts like hell.

#172643 Primary Guns

Posted by Aimless on 26 August 2008 - 06:52 PM in General Nerf

I don't think anyone has gotten to war test a vulcan yet. Maybe I should set mine up for a round at Talio's war, just for shits and giggles. The blaster pisses me off, but it is still pretty cool I guess. Believe it or not I haven't even range tested it yet come to think of it.

Can't wait to see your's in action.

My primary would either be my Magstrike or BBB, my BBBB if im feeling evil.

#172463 Double Shot

Posted by Aimless on 25 August 2008 - 10:52 PM in General Nerf

Well, I've been considering picking up a Double Shot, so I might have a use for these. Are these pics from the old version (blue stock) or the new version (green stock)? There's probably no difference, but you never know. And I do have to admit, even though I've heard the ranges are pretty terrible, they did rig up a clever cocking mechanism.

There were actually 2 versions of the blue stock one IIRC, the first one was much better in terms of range than the newer blue one.

#172248 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 25 August 2008 - 02:03 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a quick question, will there be anyone selling darts at the event?

Stefans or stock?

Stefans.

Edit: Also, will anyone be using BBB arrows and the like? I might need an extra one or two.

Edit2: Would a Crossfire shield count as a valid shield?

#172245 Broken House Hold Items

Posted by Aimless on 25 August 2008 - 01:53 AM in General Nerf

I dented drywall and a duct in the basement (#49'ed NF). I also kill spiders with my crossfire. Because I can damnit.

Ah yes, killing insects, my 2nd favorite indoor Nerf-related activity, until I tried it with my BBBB, ricocheting splitshot is not healthy for you.

#172185 Broken House Hold Items

Posted by Aimless on 24 August 2008 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

Once, only ONCE, have I broken something in my house with foamy weaponry. I was shooting at empty soda cans with my BBBB at 25 pumps with a 3ft barrel, clean through the can, through the backstop which was a plastic trap and into the drywall behind that. It punched a little flap of drywall out. The foam body was still in the soda can, as for the weight, I think it's in the wall cavity.

#172180 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 24 August 2008 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Just a quick question, will there be anyone selling darts at the event?

#171700 The Scimitar

Posted by Aimless on 23 August 2008 - 12:36 AM in Modifications

I find matches where shields, homemade or not, more interesting as it opens up more tactics and enables the use of heavy weapons that are impractical in more mobile fighting. Also, nothing is more satisfying than circling around opponents that are too confident in their shields and spraying them down with automatics. The occasional Rambo-esque full-auto rampages are fun too.

#171166 Weird Barrel Issue

Posted by Aimless on 21 August 2008 - 12:21 AM in General Nerf

I can not for the life of me find brass any where. Lots of copper, but no brass. I'm going to check Ace again tomorrow, but what kind of cpvc should i get?

Depends on what you want to shoot.
If you want to shoot Micros perfectly, Forget CPVC Get 1/2 SCH40 PVC
But if you want to shoot Stefans get 1/2 SCH80 CPVC
All up to your preferences though.

Also, 3/8" SCHD40 has an ID of .483", which makes it slightly larger than the CPVC usually talked about which has an ID of .469".

#171130 The Megamaverick!

Posted by Aimless on 20 August 2008 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

I have to work tomorrow but I will post real pictures and ranges when Im finished. Im experimenting with putting a spring or rubber band on my pump to make it work similarly to my 1911 SSPB
(image here)
Don

Have you tried to make the 1911 SSPB shoot BBs?