Team Slaya's Content

There have been 516 items by Team Slaya (Search limited from 21-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#68826 At2k Quad Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 05 December 2005 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

Why hate CPVC? It's awesome for my darts. If it doesn't fit yours, that sucks, because it's a lot cheaper than brass.

TS

#57881 At2k Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 June 2005 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Ok. I got the spring off, put on the piece of bic pen, screwed the case together, and went outside. With a quad 6" PETG turret, it fired pretty well, until i heard a weird squeaking noise when i went over 5-6 pumps. The pump is plugged.

Oh, and i didn't want to start another topic with the same basic name, so I just posted it here.

TS

#57831 At2k Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 20 June 2005 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I know it's kinda old, but i searched, and couldn't find a sufficient answer.

I can't seem to get the spring off of the firing pin. Is there some specific way to do this? I tried everything - pliers, cutting it, nothing worked.

TS

#139623 At3000

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 February 2008 - 06:16 PM in General Nerf

Piney, my 1500 had the same problem and I thought that I was screwed. I submerged it to find the leak, and then gooped it and let it sit for 48 hours. Came back and it held the pressure that it did before. So... go for it. :D

TS

#54769 At3k Brass Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 May 2005 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

Derek, it went a lot further than 50', and i doubt you range tested it outside.

Oh, and Apache - we didn't have any PETG or other materials to six barrel it, plus the gun was pretty fucked up when we got it, so i'm happy with the results he's getting.

TS

#100664 At3k Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 March 2007 - 09:25 AM in Modifications

I personally advise you not to plug the pump. Air guns tend to go screwy on me when I plug them - I only do it for certain ones. My 3k gets 55-60' flat without being plugged, I used PETG which fits nicely. It's dead accurate, and has a nice ROF. Because it's not plugged, I can depend on it not breaking. If you think ~15' more will help a bunch, and it's worth risking your gun, go for it. But I wouldn't suggest it.

And the goo tube mod really doesn't do that much, check CXWQ's mod in the mods section. Plus, my buddy did the same mod as I did, no plug, and did the goo tube. Mine performs a bit better, but that's probably because I epoxied my barrels in, and he just hot glued his in. Your choice though.

Good luck finding that leak.

TS

#69536 At3k Pump Handle...

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 December 2005 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Alright. I'll see what I can think of. I was just looking for input. This is a hostile and volatile place, I've noticed!

How so? The post he made was at least constructive, in a way.

This would be kind of extreme, but it's a solid idea. Take a piece of 1/2" sch. 40 PVC and make a hole in the handle to support it. Then, dremel through the case so that the PVC can slide along with the original handle. The PVC would probably go into the case about 1/2-1/4", just enough to give it more support. This would be unreversible, though.
Hopefully you get what I'm getting at.

TS

#137889 B20

Posted by Team Slaya on 30 January 2008 - 10:09 PM in Modifications

I love it. The NF20 was beast enough, but a B20 is even more awesome. The dart tooth seems to work great as well.

Your pictures are only slightly confusing to me - in pics #5/6/7 is that with the gun in the extended position, or normally? If it isn't cocked I don't really understand how the tooth works. My basic understanding is that the tooth arm is attached to the back piece, right?

If your darts are small enough, you may want to use CPVC to barrel your turret. It's pretty much the cheapest form of good barrel material, at least for me and my tiny red stefans. The thing is, crayolas are a decent alternative to normal barrel material, but you will be able to get much improved range and accuracy from even <4" of CPVC on the turret. I don't know if the weight would throw anything off, but eh, whatever.

TS

#61216 Bandoliers/ammo Storage?

Posted by Team Slaya on 05 August 2005 - 09:08 PM in Homemades

Frank, how did anyone find each other with 800' away bases? Anyways, I like the stock. Is that 1" PVC you used??

TS

#58058 Base

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

If you have a camera, take some pics and then more people can help you out. The cardboard idea is good though, you should go with that.

TS

#63499 Basic Mods To Improve Nf Range And Functionallity

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 September 2005 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

Scouts are worthless when they come out of the box. I got mine to fire stefans 40' by crayolaing it, but the slider broke, so it's crap. Oh wait, it was crap beforehand.

The only Scouts that I have respect for are sexy-painted ones. For example, I don't know if he ever posted it, but macgyver on NHQ has a sexy black and silver Scout.

TS

#128596 Bass Guitar

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 November 2007 - 07:48 PM in Off Topic

I use an Epiphone EB-0 Cherry SG bass. It's pretty sweet for what I got it for, which was $200 on sale at Daddy's, but it plays like a dream. I need to futz with the action, but a little truss rod tweak will do me just fine. It gets meaty low tones, as well as full mid tones and excellent sustain.

I've been playing for under a year, and have taught myself everything. I sing as well, so the musicality's all there and I just wanted to play bass.

I'm in a Rock band which is finally getting off the ground, as well as my school's jazz ensemble.

TS

#125610 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 October 2007 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes... someone got shot in the eye and couldn't walk... No, Rambo fell off a hill and broke his leg. We sadly didn't find him for a while... Yeah, it was a mess. Trees aren't a good idea. But come, nonetheless! :D

TS

#126047 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 October 2007 - 04:42 PM in Nerf Wars

First of all, I'm gonna leave at 4. If people wanna stay later they can, but I'd say that 10-4 is MORE than enough time.

Second of all, Foam where do you live? Many people from melrose are over 18 and can maybe get you a ride one way if your folks wanna compromise. If you're near Lexington I could probably give you a ride.

TS

#124079 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 24 September 2007 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Usual time is around 10AM, though it usually starts officially at like 1030 once everyone's suited up and all. I'm good with a projected start at 10, and if no one objects I'll edit the first post.

TS

#124901 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 October 2007 - 03:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the double post but this needs to be bumped, immediately.

I can't make the 20th, and Fenix can't make the 13th. I doubt we have enough time to organize this game for this saturday... can anyone do a sunday, like the 7th or the 14th? I can't make the 20th or the 27th, because I'm away, but I can do the sunday, probably.

Anyways, enough blabbing. What can you guys do?

TS

#124949 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 October 2007 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Next week as in the 14th? Or is there a huge conflict?

The paintjob is mostly silver/black, Thomas. It's already pretty sick.

TS

#126987 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 October 2007 - 09:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Details, details. I'm bad with compass directions anyways. :D

TS

#126978 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 October 2007 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

For only having 5 people it was a friggin' blast. With 8+ it would have been a day to seriously remember. But we all just really wanted to shoot each other and had fun with that. 'Cept for that sketchy guy... that was odd. But yeah, watch out for an April war - it's gonna be big if we can get the NJ crew down again.

TS

#123928 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 September 2007 - 02:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, sure I could go look at some point. If I see it, would you like me to buy it and tell you? You can just bring money at the game.

TS

#126822 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 October 2007 - 08:03 AM in Nerf Wars

It is a GORGEOUS day today. It'd be a shame if we didn't nerf today.

I'm going, and bringing 4 with me now and hopefully a straggler will come late. 3:30 is probably when us lexington folks will split as well.

TS

#126383 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 October 2007 - 05:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Vanpaun, just to let you know I really did want to go on Sunday but couldn't. Sorry for making a responsible decision, but that's what had to be done. Rail on me some other time.

Why do you have to drive for two hours? Where do you live?

I think that the forum titled "Nerf Wars" is more appropriate than The Haven. Why make it private? Plus, it belongs here.

And I can DEFINITELY, 100% go this sunday. And I WILL be bringing at least 3 people with me. Probably more.

TS

#126292 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 15 October 2007 - 05:39 PM in Nerf Wars

So who's coming this sunday? A lot more of my crowd can come.

TS

#126103 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 October 2007 - 10:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys. Double post for disappointment.

I can't make it tomorrow, for various reasons that I'm pissed off about. I'm too tired to explain or be upset anymore.

I'm not gonna call the game off officially, because I know that Fenix is still going, but that makes about... what, 6 of us? If anyone wants to do next sunday, I'm game, and can probably bring 3 more people than I could have tonight.

I apologize to all you guys who stretched it with your folks to go this weekend. Hopefully you can go next weekend instead of this one, if it works for any of you.

TS

#123336 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 17 September 2007 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey there all ye MA folks. We seem to have some new meat here , and it's definitely time for another war down in Melrose. If people are still active, I'd like to know who'd be up for a war, lets say... sometime in October if it's possible? Maybe the last weekend or so? It'll be chilly, but eh, we can at least try to plan ahead, right?

Any interest?

TS

*EDIT*

THE NEW DATE IS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21ST.

This date is what's happening so far.

The address to the park is :
1087 Main St, Malden, MA.

I'll also keep a running count will be kept here and edited so it's at the top. So far, it's:

Myself + 4/5
Fenixharth +6ish
Thomas +0
Vanpaun +2
Death Monkey (NHQ) +?
Foam_Shooter +?

#123914 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 September 2007 - 12:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Fenix can't make the 13th, and it's looking like my folks won't let me go on the 13th either, so I'm changing the tentative date to the 20th.

It's chill, Vanpaun, at least you posted. :( Good to hear that you're gonna bring some folks. I dunno - maybe your walgreens doesn't carry them, but the one down the street from me had a bunch in stock.

Foam Shooter, it's a pretty big field, but I'd just say to bring as many guns as you can fit in a bag. It's always good to have more guns to arm the friends that nerfers bring along.

TS

#123409 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 September 2007 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm good with the 6th. I'll start spreading the word with my crew.

Sick. So, with 6 from melrose, Thomas (assuming he comes alone), and myself with at least 4 others we have 10! Hurrah!

It's fine with the HQ - I didn't think about it because I don't really browse there anymore, but any other participants would be great.

TS

#123550 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 September 2007 - 04:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok foam, we'll try to cut the swears. I only see one on the page, and it's minor and not used in a demeaning way. Anyhoo, back on topic.

I don't think that any of us have singled titans. I have two singled Sm5k's, one of which can hit 100'+, the other's a bit weaker. If someone has an issue with a gun, we usually put it aside and don't use it. If someone's just being a wimp we smack them on the head and move on. :)

I'm 16, and I believe most of the melrose kids are 17/18+, but we're friendly. If you're only 13, which you have to be to be on the boards, that's fine. I know plenty of middle schoolers and I'm fine with em. I can guarantee that age won't be an issue unless you whine, which is unacceptable. :D

Oh, and Thomas if you're looking for results, don't go with a DTG. They're hard and expensive to mod, and once you're done you don't get the best results. You get decent results though; 10 ~50' shots ain't too bad. Up to you, but you'll need like 4' of CPVC and decent fitting darts to pull it off.

TS

#123674 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 20 September 2007 - 04:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Ah, Fenix you failed to mention that the 6th is part of Columbus day weekend. Many folks won't be here. Wanna do the week after, the 13th? How does that work for people?

OMC, can you come then/at all? It'd be sweet if you and your NJ crew could show again, and maybe I can grab derek to peg you in the head again. :)

TS

#123577 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 September 2007 - 06:43 PM in Nerf Wars

It won't be necessary, Thomas. I've never gotten shot in the nads, but I don't think it'd be too bad unless it was a really lucky shot or point blank. The protection that you should bring is a pair of sunglasses, because they serve the dual purpose of looking awesome and protecting your eyes from both the sun and angry stefans.

As for being awkward, we're very friendly people. There ain't much more I can say, but I guarantee that you'll have a good time if enough people come.

TS

#98037 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 January 2007 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there, end of story. 2+ friends will be coming, I know that for sure.

TS

#95748 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 December 2006 - 01:29 PM in Nerf Wars

You know I'm there, man. And I'll start asking people - I'll get about 3 to come. We talked on AIM, it's chill. Hopefully Hersh will come around and give this a looksie before this dies.

TS

#100127 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 20 February 2007 - 05:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Even frozen over and all, the place is really impressive. I went there with Fenix today to check it out. Great place, tons of spots to play. I dare say more than Milton, but we'll all be the judge of that.

With enough people, this will kick ass, no exceptions. Since I modded a gun or two for a few buddies of late I have growing interest in lexington, which means newbies for you all to shoot at. :D

But still, this is going to be great. I'll post later with an official headcount.

TS

#101304 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 March 2007 - 09:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a heads up to the other major planners of this war - the snow still hasn't melted. I don't know how the park looks, but I doubt it's good. Unless everyone is up for iced Nerf, I dunno how this war is going to work.

I can still go if everyone just decides that we'll nerf in the snow, but I just think that folks should be informed.

TS

#101442 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 March 2007 - 09:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright yeah, sorry for the slight flip out. I checked the weather - it's supposed to be 50 on saturday, and nice the rest of the week to boot. Do we have a set in stone time to arrive yet? May as well nail down specs.

TS

#101910 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 April 2007 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Man, that video held so many good memories. Too bad we didn't bring enough tape to film the whole thing, but there's still enough to vividly remember all the good shit. The slow mo of the head shot had me on the floor, that was hilarious. ^_^

TS

*EDIT* Hersh, I have your blue maxshot and two of your double barrels. I think Dan was the culprit for most of that, the other barrel was in my pocket. Want em' shipped, or do you just wanna wait till fall or whenever you're up again?

#85484 Bbb Catch

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 July 2006 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

I'm having problems with what I think is the BBB's catch mechanism. It's two square orange pieces, with poles sticking out of them, and I remember that there were small, fairly weak springs on said poles. These poles go out two holes on either end of the shell at the back of the front, outside part of the case.

I've put these things in every which way and yet I still get the same problem. I cock the gun, shoot it, and then the catch catches on the way back, making it impossible to move back to the neutral position again to fire.

If there is something I'm missing here, I'd really like to know it. It's really annoying to have to hold the BBB in the cocked position while aiming.

TS

#85515 Bbb Catch

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 July 2006 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys, it's all set now. I just fudged around with the catch and white thing, and it went eventually. Thanks for the quick responses.

TS

#58031 Bbb Help

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

Yeah, the title says it all. I was re-barreling my BBB, and after finishing it, I put it back together. Incorrectly, obviously. I looked at inside pics, and saw what to do, i forgot to put the plunger end on the catch mechanism. So i did that and screwed it back together. I fired it, but then was unable to push it forward to be able to cock it again. Any suggestions?

TS

#58037 Bbb Help

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

Which way should they be facing? Left to right, or up to down.

TS

*EDIT* I'm talking about the little orange square pieces. *END EDIT*

*EDIt #2* Wow i'm stupid. He just said that it shouldn't be sideways. Nevermind! *END EDIT*

*EDIT #3* Okey, I put them in the other way, still no dice. What seems to be happening is that the plunger is moving forward, as expected, but then my handle piece doesn't want to move forward. Is there anything that I could have put in wrong that would affect the sliding of the handle piece? It's just the rod above the plunger shaft, and the shaft itself. *END EDIT*