This is not a right up.
1.take out the air restricters (obvious but still).
2.Replace barrel (again obvious but necesary).
3.Replace or strech spring (the often overlooked but very effective thing to do)(Even though it loses its lifespan it increases range and you can just get another spring).
4. Put E- tape under the O-ring on the plunger to get a better seal or you could replace the O-ring with another bigger better sealing O-ring. (often not done).
5.spray silicon spray on the O-ring (Essential).
6. add rubber bands or bungees or surgical tubing (blatantly obvious and most common done).
7. Cut off ammo holders and put brass in the batteries area (more holsterable).
8.cut sights off for faster drawing speed (losing risk of catching on clothing or holster).
9.take out light to make it lighter less weight or to put something else in its place (sspb).
10.Put some RTV silicon sealent on end of plunger head (sound decreased).
11. add a silencer (more silent).
12. Chop off the cocking handle at the end and add a key ring or zip tie or something there to reduce kick. I think I first saw that in Thirst's TTG mod. I don't think it's a problem on NFs too much with kick, but mine does send darts a few inches high and that might help.(props to nerfmoney at hq for this one)
13. add more barrels (ie. ompa's nf20)
Any more basic or more complex mods for the night finder (not right ups) that help to improve range, accuracy, or functionallity please post them or your thoughts and comments.
1,2,3,5,6,10 and 11 can be used in any spring gun.
edit: Personally I did numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9, and 10 and it now has a very very high volocity(sp.) and it looks as though it could leave bruises.
Edited by DTReaper, 10 September 2005 - 02:11 PM.