kickass jb's Content

There have been 140 items by kickass jb (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54816 Where To Buy Lanard Products

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

I think he was thinking of USA in general.

#53990 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Aside from online, where can one buy brass piping? I checked home depot plumbing section but I was looking in the wrong section? Any information on where to buy some would be great.

#54024 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 May 2005 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

I live in Ottawa, but my brother just got a job at home depot so I'll see what he can do for me before I buy it from some one else (no offence, just would be cheaper).

With regards to MMNO 3, I highly doubt I'll be able to make it out because I can't drive yet and the parents won't drive me four hours to play a nerf war. Maybe in a few years if this is all still going on I'll be lucky enough.

#53995 Where To Buy Brass Piping?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Yea I know, I've been shown up by that too many times and I did use it this time. I live in Canada though so that site is no good to me except for the online store, which is no good to me.

#58843 When I Pump, Air Comes Out Of The Barrel.

Posted by kickass jb on 07 July 2005 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Yea I had those problems on both my AT3K's in the twinpack. I didn't mod them or anything. First time I tried them out out of the box they both skipped and air leaked.

#53951 What Colors Does Fbr Come In?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 03:55 PM in General Nerf

Now I'm a BIG fan of nite wars outside, and we have serious trouble finding the darts. Would the darts still work if I sprayed with a little glow-in-the-dark spray paint? If not, what would go wrong?

#53989 What Colors Does Fbr Come In?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 08:47 PM in General Nerf

However, Langley came up with a pretty good idea and dipped the back of his darts in orange paint.

I like that idea but like was it the back half or just the flat surface of the back?

Or, you could go around with a light to look for your darts. Or maybe a black light.

We tried lights but black some what blends in with the dark green grass, would black light make the darts glow?

My friend in the FDG painted his darts by rubberbanding a bunch togeather, and spray painting the TIP of the darts. It sticks to the hot glue,

I like that idea as well but have had bad results when trying to paint the glue, is it because it's Kryplon Fusion? If so, where did you get it?

#55289 Well..crap

Posted by kickass jb on 19 May 2005 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

Yea I had the same thing happen to me if it's what I'm thinking. The orange cocking part itself (not some brace or guider) snap, on both of the cockers. Still broken to this day :ph34r:

#58349 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 27 June 2005 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

That is really awesome! I have a cheap dollar store SS type gun, but I never thought to put in 2k internals. Really good job! 80 feet on two pumps is amazing. Good job.

It isn't 2K internals, its the actual gun.

#58241 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

Pictures are up. By the way, it's called the "Pulse Fire", but I named mine the Longshot

Didn't have any before pictures

This is what was between the pump and the valve which I ripped out. you can see where the water tank would have screwed on.
Posted Image

Same piece but the thing on the top left is where I broke it off from the valve.
Posted Image

Heres what the tank looks like when it's replaced.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Close up of the valve.
Posted Image

The valve in the gun ( I used glue as a bic pen mod to make the trigger easier to pull).
Posted Image

Everything in the gun.
Posted Image

The gun all closed up.
Posted Image

Oh and the barrel is about 11" long. I cut it down from 18" and I didn't see the need to cut it down more. It's a mix of range, accuracy, and...."practility" (don't know the word for it). Any, like I said just open up most any gun (that doesn't have a ball valve), and ripped everything apart and replace it like mine. Kudos.

#58264 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

I don't know about all of them, but the multi-nozzle ones I have have the split AFTER the valve, so if your like that you can just rip out the split thing and use just the valve.

#58248 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 12:07 PM in Modifications

Did that shoot water out of 3 nozels?

Posted Image

No, it was the one that was able to switch between a steady stream, and "pulses" of water. But the gun itself doesn't really matter, as long as you have one with a pump and a (non-ball) valve.

#58185 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 25 June 2005 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

I was using my brother's super soaker turned nerf gun gun and I wanted one myself. I took an old one of mine that's water tank was lost and opened it up and saw that it had the same internals as an AT except that the tubing went to the bottle which held the water. So I ripped off all the tubing and replaced it with about 9" of vinyl tubing (enough so the pump and valve could stay comfortably in place in the gun). I gooped the tube on, and gooped a cpvc coulpler on the end of the valve and presto! I took it out to test it and with two pumps it got about 80 ft and with 5 it got about 110-120 ft but was kind of unaccurate after 110. Still, a 2 pump 80 ft gun that's more comfortable than a AT2K. I suppose this metod of the tank replacement can but used on most super soakers because they all function relatively the same. Pictures should be up tonight. Oh and not anytime soon, but I was thinking on int. two AT2K in it, I think it'd work even better.

#58063 Titan As-v.12

Posted by kickass jb on 23 June 2005 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

As mentioned before, horribly impractical. But then again, neither is running around shooting people with toy guns, but hey it's fun. If I had a Titan I'd do that mod for sure. I'd Maybe add more barrels for less range, you know just to clear out a close combat area/emplacement or something then drop the gun and continue on with your primary. Very cool.

#54821 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

I have bought these two non-nerf pistols from walmart that shoot sits darts sort of a revolving system like the ATs. It's a plunger gun with about the same plunger size of NF. I was wondering which type of barrel would be the best to shoot micro stefans. PETG, brass, PVC or crayola?. I read up on CX's article but it didnt give me much on micro stefan shooting pistols.

#54834 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

So in other words, for my spring pistol I'm looking for any giving barrel that I will have to use a ramrod to get the bullets in but not so tight that they will get stuck?

#54847 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 14 May 2005 - 08:49 AM in Modifications

Yeah your right I don't really have the time (or understanding) to set up a test like that. I read it and understood how the ratio's and all the forces and volumes and such but I didn't really get how that was supposed to help me pick my barrel. Like looking at all the barrels I could be using, which parameters should be met for the ideal barrel? i.e. dart leaves barrel once plunger is done or what not. Hopefully with the parameters I need in my head I should be able to get the rest done by myself.

#54828 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Good point. But I was thinking about the whole case of spring guns and air volume and friction, the technical mumbo jumbo. I ALWAYS test fit my darts first but I was hoping for an answer based on the science (if you want to call it that), behind the barrel choice.

#55693 The At2k Or 3k

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

Damn Canada, all I have at TRU are nf's and mavs ;) not even the N-strike. I really wish they had rf20's there.

#57168 Tek 6 Single Barrel Mod

Posted by kickass jb on 10 June 2005 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Heres the two guns. They are relatively the same as you can see. I have two tek 6's and I think I am going to turret mod one for close combat rushes and single one now because of those ranges!!! Pretty unbelievable indeed. I will prolly use PETG instead though since I don't have any brass.

#60805 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 01 August 2005 - 02:54 PM in Modifications

It MUST be plumbers goop. I tried it first with hot glue to save some money and it leaked on the first try.

#61219 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 05 August 2005 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Well Ronster what I did was remove the nozzle completly and goop a CPVC coupler directly onto the valve. It wasn't a perfect fit with the case but I just used hot glue around it all so it wouldn't wabble. And yes, for the purposes of gooping the vinyl tubing onto the pump and the valve it is the same as the shotgun mod. (glad to see some people actually appreciating and using my contributions)

#60939 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 02 August 2005 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

Ronster, my best guess would be the first one (the one on the left). Just try to figure out where the air is exiting the pump (to fill the chamber) and chop just after that. Lastmanalive, adding the pvc for an air chamber would make the gun require many more pumps for the same range (with that much more air, the dart with have already left the barrel), so it would negate the whole purpose of the mod.

#60727 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

Is it front of, behind, or part of valve?I assume there is a tube from the pump to the water tank, then a tube from that to the sphere then a tube from the sphere to the vavle?

#60749 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

Kickass_jb, if you look at the picture you can see what the sphere thingy is and where it is located on the gun. Is this used for compressing air or something?

That's the pressure chamber. Cutting that out would be dumb - instead simply remove the water reservoir (it's held in by screws and an O-ring).

I recommend a homemade Nerf dart gun over any Super Soaker modified to shoot Nerf darts also. :P

Think about it, if you had that large of an airtank, it would take too many pumps to prime thus losing the whole point of the mod. The only "tank" there should be is a piece of vinyl tubing long enough to connect the pump to the valve. Call it stupid but I got 80ft on 2 pumps and 120ft on 5 pumps

#60797 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 01 August 2005 - 01:30 PM in Modifications

My tubing was 1/4" ID, basically the closest I could find to the AT2K (just had thicker walls). More or less, you want a tubing that will into the stock piping. It's okay if it's a little loose, you can always goop it up.

#60692 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 01:02 AM in Modifications

Can you get me a pic of the internals, might better to help you with the sphere thingy. Also, does it have a pin-valve or ball-valve? Ball-valve I wouldn't know how to mod but a pin-valve is easy. Just chop everything off from the valve till it looks like one from an AT2K, then rip off the tubing that leads to the water tank and the one leading from the pump, replace both to bypass water tank and Voila! My tube was about 9" long and since my pump was so big it worked wonders. Post here or PM me if you need any help.

#60756 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

Okay good, it's a pin valve. Are those tubes you drew actual vinyl tubes or are they hard, rigid plastic pipes (like pvc almost)?

Very quick, but this is basically what you want to do. Green is all the stuff you don't need, you can always glue it onto the shell after for looks or what not. The blue is the vinyl tubing (your air tank). The tube should come from where the air is exiting the pump and if the original was piping not tube then just cut at the redline (or just somewhere close to the valve) and stick the other end of the tube in there and goop it up. If it was tubing, just rip the tubing from the valve and glue your new tubing there. Hope this helps enough.

Posted Image

#54961 Straighting Stefans

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

Yea I believe it was CX who told me his way and I've used it ever since. I just bought about 100' of 1/2" PVC and shoved the 1/2" FBR in there and toss it up in the rafters of my shed. The PVC is tight enough to straighten them but not tight enough to get it stuck. So after making my original amount of darts, I just take down 10' at a time as I need it. Out of all the methods I've tried (hair dryer, dryer, my hands, cold water, nailing them tight, hanging them with weights, and PVC) PVC has worked the best all around.

#53409 Stefan Write Up?

Posted by kickass jb on 24 April 2005 - 09:05 PM in Homemades

Hey, since NO went down I can't seem to find a write up on stefans as good as they had, I looked on here but couldnt find anything. Does anyone know good site that gives intructions with possible pics/drawings of it? I'm looking for a process that would involve the drill press and such.

-thanks

#53992 Stefan Write Up?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 09:12 PM in Homemades

Here is a writeup on my variant of the stefan. It is supposed not to hurt as much if you shoot someone. Thus the name of Safety Stefan! Ok, you can either make a stefan as usual and as the hot glue is drying, put a small wafer of FBR on it. OR, you could just get the ideal length of the FBR: cut: and make a hole in the back of it so it works in modern Nerf guns. Either way, you get the Safety Stefan! The final thing should look like this using the 2nd method.

Safety Stefan Pic method no 2

Yea, I used the piece of FBR on the tip as well but a few wars down the road I found that the ranges were decreased slightly and that well people didn't always feel it. It was in fact, too safe. So we went back to the old way and wore eye protection. Also the original way helps if you a cheater or newcomer that claims not to have gotten hit, just check for the bruises/welts. :ph34r:

#53831 Stefan Weighting

Posted by kickass jb on 30 April 2005 - 11:49 AM in General Nerf

For me, I use BB split-shot sinkers, and just add a wad of glue and use CX's method with the ice cube. Seems to work pretty well for me all around.

P.S. With Yakman's supersoaker mod, I was using 1/2" stefans weighted as described above. Even with the mass amount of airflow around the dart since it was pvc and not brass/copper and didn't fit in the barrel at all, it still reached about 100 meters at a 40 degree angle, about 100 ft being braced at the shoulder (which was about 20ft farther than the perfectly fitting mega stefans...weird).

#55526 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by kickass jb on 23 May 2005 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

Talio, got a good point there. It was good enough for me to download, but not pay to see. Anyway, I'm off to watch Lucas' real great movies....**music** INDIANA JONES!

#59417 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by kickass jb on 15 July 2005 - 06:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Before I Forget - Slipknot ( a little heavy, but its energetic)

Let the bodies hit the floor - Drowning pool ( again a little heavy)

Water wings - Alexis On Fire (fast paced)

Step up - Drowning pool

Not falling - Mudvayne

Liberate - Disturbed (vulgarity)

The Game - Disturbed

Scotty doesn't know - Lustra (as an opener or what not)

Line and Sinker - Billy talent

Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Breaking the Habit - Linkin Park

Matrix theme - Powerman 5000

Get Loose - The Salads

Way Away - Yellow Card

Natural Life - Breaking Benjamins

Cigaro - System of a Down

Payback - Flaw

Mortal Combat Techno Theme - Jock Jams ( seriously, its got the beat)

Headstrong - Trapt

- They all aren't perfect, but I watched the old video with these songs and they seemed pretty well suited. Just tossing ideas out.

#56380 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

To check for leaks I put whole thing under water and pump it right? if so, how do I get that huge yellow thing off?

**EDIT** I put it in a bucket of water and when I pumped it it was fine but then when I pulled back on the metal rod, the air (bubbles) came out of the place where the rod slides out from... Not sure if this is the check release valve or whatever, but that's my problem.

#56403 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Seem to know what your talking about, any idea how to open it up, I don't really want to hack saw it unless I have to...

#56386 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

Option A didn't work, guess I'm stuck with B. Any ideas how to get it open? and where can I buy o-rings, home depot right? If so what section? And I should use epoxy to close it back up again right?

#56334 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 June 2005 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

I tried to mod it but when I pulled it out of the old bin and pumped it, it worked because I could feel the resistance on the pump but when I went to fire no air came out? HELP.

#56373 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

It's never been modded, I openend it up and pulled the trigger and did it physically with my hand as well, I can see the rod come back and the valve opens, but there is no air in it?

#56136 Sm1500 Strange Fact

Posted by kickass jb on 31 May 2005 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

I CPVC modded my SM1500 (plan to have 2 CPVC barrels and 2 PETG barrels in the future) and I range tested at different pumps and I found that after four pumps, the range actually decreased for every extra pump (up till 7, when I stopped) that I did. Just thought the added air pressure would make it go farther but guess I was wrong.