Water Guns

Have I done it?

17 replies to this topic

#1 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:55 PM

I was using my brother's super soaker turned nerf gun gun and I wanted one myself. I took an old one of mine that's water tank was lost and opened it up and saw that it had the same internals as an AT except that the tubing went to the bottle which held the water. So I ripped off all the tubing and replaced it with about 9" of vinyl tubing (enough so the pump and valve could stay comfortably in place in the gun). I gooped the tube on, and gooped a cpvc coulpler on the end of the valve and presto! I took it out to test it and with two pumps it got about 80 ft and with 5 it got about 110-120 ft but was kind of unaccurate after 110. Still, a 2 pump 80 ft gun that's more comfortable than a AT2K. I suppose this metod of the tank replacement can but used on most super soakers because they all function relatively the same. Pictures should be up tonight. Oh and not anytime soon, but I was thinking on int. two AT2K in it, I think it'd work even better.
My arsenal:

RF20, Rototrack, 3x AT3K, 4x AT2K,Big Salvo,SS1,SSII,
2x SSPB,SM 1500,Rangshot,2x EaB,2x Mav,2x NF,
eagle eye,2x BBB,2x SM3000, 2x Tek 6, PC

#2 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:30 PM

What kind of super soaker is it?
How long is the barrel? Because I was surfing the web for nerf mods when I found a super soaker mod and the dude put a 22 in barrel on it. To me, thats kind of extreme.
But, WOW!!
80 ft with just two pumps? Thats awesome.
Keep up the good work!
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#3 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:16 PM

Wow, excellent job...if you could get a picture up I would be interested to find out what type of gun it is. Very nicely done, sure to be a great primary. HT
Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

#4 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:37 AM

Pictures are up. By the way, it's called the "Pulse Fire", but I named mine the Longshot

Didn't have any before pictures

This is what was between the pump and the valve which I ripped out. you can see where the water tank would have screwed on.
Posted Image

Same piece but the thing on the top left is where I broke it off from the valve.
Posted Image

Heres what the tank looks like when it's replaced.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Close up of the valve.
Posted Image

The valve in the gun ( I used glue as a bic pen mod to make the trigger easier to pull).
Posted Image

Everything in the gun.
Posted Image

The gun all closed up.
Posted Image

Oh and the barrel is about 11" long. I cut it down from 18" and I didn't see the need to cut it down more. It's a mix of range, accuracy, and...."practility" (don't know the word for it). Any, like I said just open up most any gun (that doesn't have a ball valve), and ripped everything apart and replace it like mine. Kudos.
My arsenal:

#5 fastkill

fastkill

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:39 AM

Did that shoot water out of 3 nozels?

Edited by fastkill, 26 June 2005 - 11:39 AM.

New Breed

#6 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:07 PM

Did that shoot water out of 3 nozels?

Posted Image

No, it was the one that was able to switch between a steady stream, and "pulses" of water. But the gun itself doesn't really matter, as long as you have one with a pump and a (non-ball) valve.
My arsenal:

#7 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:25 PM

Where did you get that gun?
Is it and older model?
Ive always wanted to make a nerf out of a super soaker. Though I never knew which super soaker model I should use. Most of the ones now have more than one nozzel and I just want to start with one. Maybe I could make one that you can switch from water to nerf darts.... Maybe...
-I Nerf, there for I am.

Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#8 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

um.... Ronster, its been done. Switchfire pal. But hey, if it werent for that, it sounds like a great idea. Goodluck with it. Good job on the pulse thing.

#9 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:44 PM

Whats the Switchfire?
Im kinda new...
Sorry
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#10 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:26 PM

It is a blaster that has the ability out of the box to switch between firing darts or water.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#11 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:19 PM

I don't know about all of them, but the multi-nozzle ones I have have the split AFTER the valve, so if your like that you can just rip out the split thing and use just the valve.
My arsenal:

#12 SneakUP

SneakUP

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

NICE! My neighbor has that gun. I will have to get that
GOT FOAM?!

#13 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:43 AM

I had a watergun with the same internals, when my SM1500 broke I used it to fix it. It shoots extremely hard now with 3 pumps, and I didn't need any glue to get it airtight.

That's a welldone mod, very clean, very cool. It'd be even cooler with a stock.

-I like the way you take pictures of your crotch and post them on the internet- :P

Edited by mayhem, 27 June 2005 - 05:44 AM.

#14 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:15 AM

Damn, I remember than gun back in the day. Everyone used that shit, and it always didn't shoot water very good. Man I wish I still had mine. But hey your talking to a guy who has fucked up all his supersoakers.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#15 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:24 PM

-I like the way you take pictures of your crotch and post them on the internet- :P

I don't usually post things that don't have a point but that was some funny shit. Made me cry laughing...thanks, I needed that.

#16 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:17 PM

That is really awesome! I have a cheap dollar store SS type gun, but I never thought to put in 2k internals. Really good job! 80 feet on two pumps is amazing. Good job.
SexD Warves

#17 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

Hey that gun is cool looking. Good job man. But without the water tank it seems like its missing something... I think it would loook ever cooler if it had a stock to fill that space where the tank was. Like a stock made of pvc or cpvc. It would also make it comfortable and easier to aim and shoot.

Edited by Osiris, 27 June 2005 - 06:43 PM.

#18 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:59 PM

That is really awesome! I have a cheap dollar store SS type gun, but I never thought to put in 2k internals. Really good job! 80 feet on two pumps is amazing. Good job.

It isn't 2K internals, its the actual gun.
My arsenal:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users