ChiliPepperFender's Content

There have been 353 items by ChiliPepperFender (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#150476 Tek Six Singled Writeup

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

If you use a better barrel material it would result in better ranges. Maybe brass or Petg? Nice write up by the way, stick with the black background too.

#156784 Tech Target Gun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 May 2008 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

Ok, I finished the paintjob, I put masking tape where the original green was and then put a coat of rustoleum blue, which is mettalic blue. Next, I put a "fade" of silver on it.
Posted Image

#149770 Dremel Hot Glue Gun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 April 2008 - 08:43 PM in General Nerf

Considering I got my dremel for 60-75$ I'd say it's a great price. I don't know how reliable the dremel part of that tool would be, because it's so cheap.

#149633 Oregon War

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 April 2008 - 10:42 AM in Nerf Wars

I live in Redmond, which is about a thirty minute drive from Seattle. So depending on where the war is held, I will be a maybe, but would want to go.

#156676 Tech Target Gun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 May 2008 - 01:25 AM in Modifications

Here's my TTG mod that I've done to my gun.

First, here's the gun stock, it's ranges are about 25-30ft stock.
Posted Image

Okay, so open it up:
Posted Image

Next, take out the barrel assembly with the plunger tube:
Posted Image

Here it is exploaded:
Posted Image

You don't need any of the items that are orange, and can throw those away. Now, take the plunger tube and get a 3" piece of barrel material. I chose PETG.
Posted Image

Hot glue/epoxy it on the plunger tube as straight as possible now:
Posted Image

Put the gun back together and such:
Posted Image

My TTG is currently being painted right now, so I'll show the final result in a day or two. The ranges of this gun after this mod is about 65ft with rubber bands, depending on the strength of them.

Questions, comments, flames?

#150892 Paper Guns

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 01:13 PM in Off Topic

Those things are pretty cool. I searched around and saw someone made an AK-47. It was actually pretty awesome.

#152726 Smdtg Secret Reveled

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 April 2008 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

Nice find! If people don't get in the high ranges after doing the simple mods, this will definently help them out.

#154149 Opening The Sawtooth?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 01 May 2008 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

I bought one (a sawtooth) from poo a while back, and asked him how to get it off. The best way to do so is get a flathead screwdriver and bend two of the three tabs inside the metal rod in the orange handles. There have also been a few topics about this. Like this one and this one.

#151312 Singled Airtech 2000 Petg Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

The "white thing" is actually the air tank. I'm guessing the ranges are normal? 80-90ft? Nice mod.

#149289 Brilliant (possibly) Idea

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 April 2008 - 01:39 PM in Modifications

On topic, if you made a self advance breech it would be airtight and awesome.But a breechless would be cool too. And, didn't b00m13 do this to this nf?

I think he did, but he had said it didin't work, and only did it to see what a nitefinder looked like with clip on it.

#157228 Tech Target Gun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 May 2008 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

For a cpvc coupler mod, try OfAll's Mod.Also, puting something like a coupler around the PETG would work to stabalize it, but I don't think it's needed.

#167864 Chili's Mav, Not Steampunk

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 August 2008 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

Ok, so I really like like tiger "camo" paintjobs so I thought I'd try my hand at one. I had an old mav laying around so I thought I'd use that. This is what it turned into.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I used basic Rustoleum camo paints. The base color is obviously, tan. I don't know if you can see but I used 2 different "stripe" colors. These consist of forest green and what looks like black, but it's actually a bit lighter.<--forgot name of. The priming handle, turret, and triger are all the forest green color to give an offset to the base, tan. Of course this gun has a few clear coats to protect the paint too. The only mods that have been done to this gun is the Russian Roulette mod and putting 2 pennies behind the spring. Later today or tommarow I'll probably make a vid on youtube showing the gun. As well as puting this sucker on ebay. Look for more mav's and other guns painted/modded by me with the same kind of style as I need some dough.

These pictures aren't in the best quality, but when I put it up on ebay I'll use an actual digital camera.
Any comments?

#167875 Chili's Mav, Not Steampunk

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 August 2008 - 04:48 PM in Modifications

Nova: Thanks, and no I didn't use a brush just simple spray paint and masking tape.

Analogkid: How many pennies would you reccomend? I wasn't sure and didn't want to put to much. The rustoleum paints work VERY well for me, although the silver/ mettalic blue leave a gritty feel. The camo ones with the clear coat leave the paint really smooth. Also, the clear coat is in the same aisle as the paint. I use rustoleum paint as well as rustoleum clear coat.

I'll get a pic of the 3 cans and the spray paint I'll use in a bit.
Here's the paint I used:
Posted Image

#167933 Chili's Mav, Not Steampunk

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 August 2008 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Alright, just for you guys here it is on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...86.c0.m14.l1318

#164748 Nerfing In Hawaii

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 July 2008 - 12:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Sweet man, I'm hawaiian too but I live in Washington. My relatives live in Hawaii though, same as you, Oahu. Pearl City and near Ewa beach.

#146308 Recon Vs Lonshot

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 March 2008 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

All right man that is the fifth topic in almost an hour. if you have a question use the search button in the top right corner of your screen.

The only reason I'm writing these is because I'm really bored. F U

Geez, he was only trying to help you, the admins don't like people who post topics like this that have already been talked about. Try to use the search buttom.

#148728 My First Integration

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 01 April 2008 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

I like it, except for the fact that you have to cock the BBB every time to pump the AT2k. Also, did you get my PM?

#148190 Where Can I Find Old Nerf

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 30 March 2008 - 06:18 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, good luck with the thrift stores one. I've never been able to find any nerf gun at any near me.

#157298 Tech Target Gun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 May 2008 - 04:25 PM in Modifications

With 7 pumps, which I don't recomend, I get around 90'. I'm going to make a writeup for it later this week though.

#180974 Singled Maverick Link?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 02 October 2008 - 12:36 AM in Modifications

The only reason you should EVER single a maverick is if your using the turret for something else or if the turret broke. Otherwise it completely defeats the purpose of the maverick, and makes it even more useless than before. It's excessively small plunger tube is not worth singling. You're giving up a high ROF and shit ranges for a terrible ROF and still shit ranges. There's no point.

Actually, there is a point. Maybe, just maybe, he wants to have fun with his friends and have a 'cool' looking gun. NERF modding isn't all about having the best gun possible, and what's practical in an organized NERF war. Sometimes, you want to have fun and don't need the best gun.

#153302 A Quick Question On Pricing...

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Manta's are worth about 40$. I'm not sure about any of the other ones.

#151453 Be Ye Warned

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 04:24 PM in General Nerf

I don't think longshots are worth staying stock, unless you play indoors. For 30$ a stock longshot is horible for that price. If your going to modify a longshot just be careful and follow everything step by step, search around if anything goes wrong. Chances are your not the only one to break a certain part.

#146775 Nerf Gun Shapes

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 March 2008 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

Sometimes I think that the Nerf guns are basically toy versions of a video game gun. For example, I think a Halo 2 Plasma rifle looks just like a Magstrike. Then the Big Bad Bow is kind of like a Gears of War Torque Bow.

I think the Big Bad Bow was released much earlier than the game Gears of War.

Edit: joeyaglr444 beat me to it.

#149245 Delete

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 April 2008 - 03:08 AM in Nerf Wars

if East coast has armagedon what do us west coasters Get?! (we get bags... but thats it) still! i say we have Doomsday on this side of the Continent.

Trust me, not all people in the northwest are like this...At least I hope not.

#146236 Nerf Losing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 March 2008 - 12:58 AM in General Nerf

Dang, I just lost on an item on ebay. I was wanting to buy a manta ray but then some (lame) guy came by and bided alot at the last second. I was just wondering though, has anyone else had this happen to themselves before? Either ebay or even on these forums.

Oddly enough, imaseoulman and I were about to get into a bid war on a Spiderman Vs. Venom DTB, but thankfully I recognized his screen name and backed down.

Hmm. That's odd because now on ebay for some reason they "block" out peoples screen names. All the screen names I was bidding against said "8**k" or "y**3". To help ensure safety

#146223 Nerf Losing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

It happens in almost every auction. It's called bid "snlping"

Yep, and if you have a brain, that is how you will bid. There are lots of advantages to doing it. You can't get caught up in a bidding war if you bid in the last few seconds. You can just decide on the most you want to spend, and if you win it for that, then you win. If not, you don't have to worry about spending $50 when you originally planned on spending $25.

Well yeah that's what I ussually do, but at least I didn't go over (if i had won) what I had wanted to spend on it which was $42.00 plus shipping (8.00). Totals to $50 which was what I wanted to spend.

#179036 Lightstorm Ls2 Updated 9/24/08

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 September 2008 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

These Lightstorm guns are pretty cool. I've got that one, but it's broken and a stock yellow one. The clips are a nice touch. I may try modding it some day.

#146217 Nerf Losing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Dang, I just lost on an item on ebay. I was wanting to buy a manta ray but then some (lame) guy came by and bided alot at the last second. I was just wondering though, has anyone else had this happen to themselves before? Either ebay or even on these forums.

#143937 Green Tactical Light Mod

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

This mod could be a great replacement for my mod if someone didn't have the front gun to a longshot or had thrown it out. They could do the undergun system mod along with this. Nice job!

Also, how was the tactical light before you modded it? I was thinking about getting it last time I was at Target.

#157072 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 May 2008 - 06:23 PM in Modifications

Wait, so is the object of this mod replacing the trigger with a more reliable one?

That and making it very easy to integrate to anything.

#150747 Night Finder

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 12 April 2008 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Are your ranges angled? Most people here measure their ranges flat not angled. How old are you? The kids on your website look to be like 10 or 11 years old.

#154807 Maxshot?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 May 2008 - 08:39 PM in General Nerf

Keep checking amazon. They stock them sometimes, that's how I got mine.

#156986 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 May 2008 - 01:23 AM in Modifications

Killer integration material!
I will most likely be doing this in the future.
Are the ranges still similar to the big salvo with the smaller valve on there?

I don't even know where to classify this in the directory? Anyone got any ideas?

Yeah, I'm still debating on wheather to put this on my crossbow or sawtooth. I've had this done for a while now but I haven't range tested. Again, imaseolman who made this, said that he was getting around the 100's in his thread. So I'm guessing I'd be getting around the same with PETG barrels.

For the directory thing, you could put it under integrations for both the Big Salvo and the SMDTG. Even though it's not actually another gun inside of another.

I just noticed, 3 writeups in 3 days! Expect that streak to end tommarow.

#150406 Increasing The Nitefinder's Plunger Draw

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

Nice mod and ranges, with a better spring you could get much better ranges than that. Is the hot glue holding up well for you?

#156983 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 May 2008 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

So you just screw them around the tubbing?

The Big Salvo barrels? Yes.

#156977 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 May 2008 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

Ok, I'd like to give all the credit to imaseolman's Marvelous Salvo, I'm pretty sure this can also work with hornet tanks also because of the way they are built. Anyway, if anyone needed a short easy way to do it with pictures, read this writeup.

First, get your Big Salvo:
Posted Image

Now open it up:
Posted Image

After that cut off 3 barrels leaving enough tubing so you can add tubing connectors/ barbed fittings:
Posted Image

Ok, now get you SMDTG:
Posted Image

Open it up and take out the internals. Cut off the orignal barrels as well as the pump. Again, leaving enough space for tubing connectors/ barbed fittings. Here's the SMDTG and the Big salvo internals:
Posted Image

Lastly, get a pump and tubing connectors/ barbed fittings. Pretty obvious on what to do from here, but here's a picture:
Posted Image

I used an AT2K pump, but I'm sure others would work. Once again thanks to imaseolman for thinking up this idea as well as answering a few questions a while back.

Questions, comments, flames?

#156980 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 May 2008 - 12:21 AM in Modifications

It's an AT2K pump and I plugged it. It takes around 20 pumps untill it is hard to pump. I got the tubing connectors at Home Depot, they are 1/4"OD(1/8"CTS). I bought around 10 of them so I'm pretty much set.

#144268 Spidey Dtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 07 March 2008 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

O-ring lubricant at the hardware store in the plumbing section. It comes in a blue container. You can see what the container looks like in the LNL video. Silicone spray lubricants have given me alot of problems.

I'll take your word for it and not get the silicone spray, and I'll check out that video for the lubricant.
Thanks.

Stop posting about a gun you don't have. Vegetable oil just makes it smell, and isn't worth the pain. If you pumped the plug, its going to be a bitch to pump. Unplugging it will help. Mine now has a leak because of pumping it too much because I didn't know how much to pump it. I'm trying to double barrel it, but things aren't working out.

I don't like the SMDTB's that much, they are ok for a backup, but who even uses a sidearm that much?

Um, if the first sentence was directed to me, I do have the gun. Also I didn't pump the plug because I'm not so sure about how to do that on this gun(I don't normally work with air guns). The SMDTG's are for an integration I'm planning as opposed to a sidearm.

For the record Captain, the Venom one does look way more badass then the Spider Man one.

#144741 Maverick Not Shooting

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 March 2008 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

For future mods, i suggest you take a paper towel and put it right over your gun as soon as you open it.That way, it dosen't go far.

Wow, I never have thought about doing this, well all the parts flying out thing has only happend to me a few times but I'll do this next time I open up a gun.
Thanks

#179681 Bat Man!

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 September 2008 - 11:13 PM in Off Topic

This thread never began, stop posting in it. Ironically I have the most posts in it.