Cartaya's Content

There have been 109 items by Cartaya (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#339744 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by Cartaya on 24 June 2014 - 12:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Missile Crisis was great, I remember Nate from SCUN talking about how difficult of a game it is to get the balance just right. And overall I just loved using my good old school single shooter tactics in battle and meeting Spoon and Jim Temper in person, and shooting them :). Modding a AT2K next month. Good game everyone.

--Cartaya

#339779 Nerf Rebelle Messenger 14 Kg's

Posted by Cartaya on 26 June 2014 - 03:08 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Discuss.

#339788 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cartaya on 26 June 2014 - 12:09 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Goes well right with the rest of my pistols.

Posted Image

Here is my New 14 Kg Nerf Rebelle "Messenger From Hell" that I worked on yesterday. Full mod details after the 27th since I am new here. Thanks Langley and Darkdragon for pointing me to the right thread.

--Cartaya

#343084 The NIC Spring Database

Posted by Cartaya on 25 November 2014 - 03:37 PM in General Nerf

What do you people think of this online Spring Calc.

http://www.acxesspri...tant-units.html

And with it I got information on this spring.

Posted Image

Melnor Kink-Free Hose Saver spring

Price: $5 Home Depot

Pictured as 14 coils total, 2.6mm wire chromed.

As found at Home Depot:
All coils: 12
Outer Wire Diameter: 1.125, ID:.912
Length:4.5 inches
Solid length: 1.4 inches
Yield @ Solid length:20.4 Kg's

#343362 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by Cartaya on 07 December 2014 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Cam HvZ is going big this year, I am backbone admin, on the 20th committed two months ago. I would love to go but I do have this obligation. This could really drop your-their attendance levels for these events, I would put it on a different date.

--Cartaya

#345171 ultra match blasters

Posted by Cartaya on 23 February 2015 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

Thank you for your honest opinion and assessment, Can't wait till our next SCUN war. I am having a war in Porter Ranch on the 15th of March if you'd like to go.

I don't mean to throw everybody off, I just don't like the #6 Slugs, I never have, just a personal preference. Not trying to use a different dart to claim "hey this is as far as a Stefan would go" I just like the Xplorer dart system better and trying to say "with this shooting system these shots are possible". Stefans are much more practical than waiting over a month for new silicone tips and foam and not only that, most will never try to bag people at long range like I do.

As for my pistols, half the volume, twice the yield, close to the same results. They are small, light, single stroke prime and concealable but there is a price to be paid for that, they will never be as good as a well built homemade or an Airblaster, but for me, it's all I need :)

The Bird of Prey Type_L

#345183 Nerf Modulus Information

Posted by Cartaya on 23 February 2015 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

...Does anyone remember the Cam 12? I think that is going to be what this will become like. Other than the Demolisher, which I felt was a vast improvement and worth another Semi-auto flywheel model, why bother?. They could have thrown the attachments on a number of better blasters.

I rather see...

*A pistol Rapidstrike like model, sorta like an Uzi or an Ingram.
*An XD elite Longshot.
*A Selective fire (3 burst, Full auto, semi auto) electric trigger Rapidstrike.
*A Zombiestrike Version of the Star Shot.
*A Elite Longstrike.
*A 4 Barreled Triad/jolt type pistol.
*A Clipfed Magnus
*A Return of the Magstrike but smaller using the Smart AR system.
*An XD Alpha Trooper.

--Cartaya

#345186 So Cal Tri-Valley Nerf War, Limekiln Canyon park 3/15/15

Posted by Cartaya on 23 February 2015 - 08:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I am trying to make the San Fernando, Simi and Santa Clarita Valleys more active in Nerf and give people in that area monthly wars organized suited for Nerf battle.

The Tri Valley Nerf Leagues first meet, invite is open, mod limits is open to 350 fps. Eye protection and armor is recommended, especially if you have not encountered a NIC blaster before. This game is Hybred, modded stock and NIC blasters. Team DM, CTF and hide and seek will be played. Everyone who want's to play is free to play, theft will not be tolerated.

This is also on Facebook, it has certain people invited, but all are welcome to come.

https://www.facebook...11939015651078/

Posted Image

Posted Image

--Cartaya

#345551 So Cal Tri-Valley Nerf War, Limekiln Canyon park 3/15/15

Posted by Cartaya on 14 March 2015 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I moved the war to the 18th of April, I just couldn't get enough confirmed players. I will Private message you so that I make sure you know Apollo.

#345854 Santa Barbara, CA Nerfers

Posted by Cartaya on 27 March 2015 - 01:47 PM in General Nerf

I know it's far, and they are mostly Modded stock. But it's the league I belong to and they are a pretty good group of friends to play Nerf with.

https://www.facebook.../norwalkleague/

Also the NIC league out here I really like playing with, they usually war in Glendora.

https://www.facebook...oups/SCUNGROUP/

Hit em up and I'll see what I can do, I live in Saugus.

-Cartaya

#345855 Custom foam order from china

Posted by Cartaya on 27 March 2015 - 02:02 PM in Darts and Barrels

I just find a dart foam I like, order them as FVJ's from China and re-head them 2 up, Minus the dart head, they fit perfectly in a Pak-D or Xplorer 18 mag.

Posted Image

#346056 Indoor Arena for So Cal Nerf players!

Posted by Cartaya on 08 April 2015 - 02:27 PM in General Nerf

I am down, I live in Saugus and I also have people I play with in SCUN and the Norwalk League and I am pretty sure I have other friends that would want to come.

Most of my blasters are between 150 and 240fps since I am a Short Pistol modder and to a little Nerf pistol, those speeds are great :)

I am willing to give any organizer a chance.

This sounds really cool.

--Cartaya

#346279 Leaving a blaster cocked

Posted by Cartaya on 18 April 2015 - 06:56 PM in General Nerf

Cock

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

The spring takes a set, especially if you modded it to full closed height of the spring.

#346280 Brass barrel help

Posted by Cartaya on 18 April 2015 - 07:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

OK, try this:

Volume of tank X Atmospheres - tank /Barrel internal area= 1.7

Example:

30cc's X 3(45psi)-30cc's = 60/11"cpvc (3.211cc's per inch)=60/35.321 =1.698 = 25.48 PSI at dart leaving barrel.

You need at least 1.7 ATM to get good power, maybe more like 2.0 or 2.2 for a 1" dart, given it will have more friction.

#346282 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 18 April 2015 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#346303 Boltloser: the Blaster

Posted by Cartaya on 19 April 2015 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

I like the "T" attachment from the tank to forward of the breech, gave me ideas.

Good work.

#346460 Frankenfinder

Posted by Cartaya on 28 April 2015 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

Wow Ice, I warred with you at the second to last SCUN meet, you made the Frankenfinder! Wow do you still have it or can make another? I'de love to see it!

Respect

---Cartaya

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#346608 Singapore's Revenge, 30th May, Noon (So-Cal)

Posted by Cartaya on 07 May 2015 - 05:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Noon, At Beautiful Limekiln park, 19585 Rinaldi St, Porter Ranch, CA 91326

Host Chris Cartaya.

*350 fps Mod limit, no hard ammo.
*No Super Soaker, airsoft or paintball based blasters.
*No Co2 or Compressors.
*Kid rule, players 12 and under with a blaster less that 120fps cannot be shot at by any player that takes the field with a blaster greater than 120fps.
*Zingbows, Mega's, Arrows, missles, rockets 1 hit KO.

Games:
Team Deathmatch
Capture the Flamingos (as Bob O' Bob would have wanted it)
Speedround
Pistols round.
Humans Vs. Sharpshooter

All honorable players allowed to attend, thievery not tolerated. Hope to see you there.

--Cartaya

#346888 Armageddon 2015 Tune-Up

Posted by Cartaya on 22 May 2015 - 09:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I'll actually make this one. If I do, then I might be bringing a prototype homemade that will probably destroy itself/me on the field, as usual.

That's the spirit, no better time to make a built to spill blaster and test it out than now.

--Cartaya

#347263 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 17 June 2015 - 06:54 PM in Nerf Wars

For the Ultimate Core Penetration round, would an Ultra Match Firestrike be ok? I'm thinking the one I brought to the last war.

Posted Image

#347295 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 19 June 2015 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

No one knows what your made up name for your firestrike means. Does it have the stock plunger tube? What have you done to it?

"Ultra Match" basically just means high accuracy by means of a countersunk barrel. this term has been around for awhile, even if yes, I was the one who named it.

There is a rough criteria of how accurate it should be, but nothing official. It's 5 ring human target 80'@ if<150 fps, 100'@ 180 fps and 120'@ if>230 fps.

It's a stock PT and 21kg's of twin springs, a brass barrel, airtight seal, and OMW unleashed solid plunger rod, a recoiling spring assembly at the head of the PT (so the plunger head can go as fast as you want) and a steel spring plate. I also have a 12Kg firestrike and a couple of modded brass Sharpfires that are slower if this is too hot to maintain a good game balance for UCP.

In all respect, I was concerned Langley, so I asked, sorry.

"It's not my war, so I don't mean to step on any toes, but I figure I'm the authority on this gametype. I am preliminarily going to allow it, but you have to fire it upside down. I'll pass final judgement (for my authority level) when we have more info/when I see it perform."

Sublimedom777, Nono, you can be up front with me on what to use, your not stepping on my toes. Respect is why I asked, but I somehow always seem to rub people the wrong way, not on purpose.

--Cartaya

#347315 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 20 June 2015 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

You're right, that is a little out of the blue just to post a pic and not describe it, but Ice9 has seen it shoot. I can put a build post up on the [BULLSHIT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF], I don't know how welcome it would be, however I build [MORE BULLSHIT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF]s more now.

That one was just because I got a OMW Unleashed Firestrike kit, which sadly they built too few of. One week away, Cant Hardly wait!

--Cartaya

#347332 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 21 June 2015 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

You're right, that is a little out of the blue just to post a pic and not describe it, but Ice9 has seen it shoot. I can put a build post up on the [BULLSHIT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF], I don't know how welcome it would be, however I build [MORE BULLSHIT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF]s more now.

That one was just because I got a OMW Unleashed Firestrike kit, which sadly they built too few of. One week away, Cant Hardly wait!

--Cartaya

Haha, thanks for the clarification ;)

#347337 No one cares about the name you gave your gun

Posted by Cartaya on 22 June 2015 - 12:36 AM in Off Topic

I'm starting to understand what you mean better. In my case, for example, I guess I do try to shortcut too much with a Name of a series of blasters rather than a page of mod descriptions. I figure if they want to know, they'll ask or look it up.

I don't mean to be stupid, I just want to understand and be more compatible, I am sorry.

See you at Armageddon XVI

--Cartaya

#347374 No one cares about the name you gave your gun

Posted by Cartaya on 22 June 2015 - 11:32 PM in Off Topic

Incidentally since I just saw this come up in a thread and it's relevant to this discussion, I'm going to go ahead and filter magazine to magazine because that word is stupid and confusing and if anyone gets into an argument about whether clip or magazine is 'correct' I'm just going to suspend their account anyway. It doesn't matter whether you call it clip or magazine, everyone knows what you're talking about and calling it magazine is a great way to actually make it confusing.

I hate that argument too, who cares. We need a dictionary of nomenclature everyone can agree on, but would they?

#347376 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 22 June 2015 - 11:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Tuned up all my blasters this weekend and did a trial run at the SCSNW event. Can't wait to blast you guys.

I'll also be doing photography again for all of the patty-cake rounds because nerfing isn't fun if the objective of the game isn't just lasering dudes from 100'+ away.

...Where's the like button?

#347556 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 30 June 2015 - 12:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Had a fun game.

Pro's: *Met some cool people, got to use my Xplorer Longshot, Got my Pistols shooting fast.
*Got to get hit by Brads 2k, I asked him to.
*Last 2 rounds got over 25 hits, most At or above 110' away.

Con's: *Injured the left arm right before lunch so I couldn't keep using the Longshot (nothing serious, no big).
*Was stuck shooting the Sidearm Version of my high Yield, Longshot PT'ed Star Shot. All Because a Friend of mine Sucked a dart in the Carbine Version of the same blaster but with stock, scope and longer barrel earlier.
*My Video Camera had too little battery to shoot the whole war, gonna get a GoPro Generic Next month (hopefully).

#348616 Stampede on 9kg spring - Is It Safe?

Posted by Cartaya on 01 September 2015 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

I've ran 12 Kg's, but it beat the Stampede to shit. The OMW 6Kg is the best I have seen for performance/power ratio.

#349852 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2015

Posted by Cartaya on 05 December 2015 - 03:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there, possibly +1 (if that's ok), My nephew on Christmas break from the Naval Academy, he'll be using my blasters, he want's to play a NIC war.

#350092 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2015

Posted by Cartaya on 20 December 2015 - 10:45 PM in Nerf Wars

It was a nice war......

* Weather was outstandingly beautiful, calm before a brief Southern California rainstorm.
* I thought you played just fine, Apocalypticamerican, you played very solid and if you were a total Noob, you would have used Ultrafires, not a LiPo on that Stryfe. 
* Sorry I nailed you in the nads Domm, I know where your aiming at me next war we play ;)
* The kid who brought the Orange EAT and scored all those hits in Ding at once (10 I believe, I got 1, and Dom scored with the Ultimator for the win), also worth mentioning.
* My first AT2K battle ever, and I absolutely love mine, Can't wait to show Roboman.
* I have grown more in S.C.U.N than any other Nerf league, but I still need to work on some stuff. 

As usual, a great war from a solid group of NIC players.

#350093 Modified Boomco Halo Magnum/Farshot Performance Problems

Posted by Cartaya on 21 December 2015 - 03:09 AM in General Nerf

The dart sensor, yea.....

Also, tip for the future, with the spring out and manually, by hand with the Plunger tube and Plunger head, does it takes a considerable amount of effort to pull? If so you have too much Teflon tape under the o ring defeating the purpose, creating too much drag upon firing. if you can get a perfect seal with little or no drag, it will be even better.

#350686 Any 2016 nerf wars or Hvz in Ventura County area?

Posted by Cartaya on 11 January 2016 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

SCUN group (FB group https://www.facebook...oups/SCUNGROUP/) has wars, at least 5-6 a year usually a Prep war for Armageddon, Armageddon, A war after that sometime in July or August, a Haloween war, a Christmas war.  Yes it's a NIC group, but power is not everything, you have to bring some mad powered blaster to a SCUN war is a misconception shared amogst a lot of So-Cal Nerf leagues. Last war Ice Nine (admin on Nerfhaven) was hosting had some really great stock velocity games in between rounds where high powered blasters were allowed that were a ton of fun.  Great group, great players Usually hosted in the Glendora area, but sometimes Long beach too.  Also look at the 2016 Nerf wars sure to be listed on Nerfhaven at some point.

Last year was pretty dead for wars, Norwalk has been dead since Aaron Conception left, Basic Nerf has been on hiatus and Aaron Kemp of the Beach Cities Nerf and airsoft alliance was gonna do a war, but never did.  I tried to do a few wars, some were successful, but even with free pizza it was hard to get people motivated.

--Cartaya

#351026 Post your Stock/Superstock Loadout

Posted by Cartaya on 22 January 2016 - 03:21 AM in General Nerf

11709845_569053079900763_822237458655324

Superstock:  (Velocities given for modded blasters only)

*Retaliator with an 8kg spring, Xplorer plunger, OMW aluminum sled, 100-115 fps
*Crimsonstrike Recon, OMW stage 2 metal parts kit, 6kg's, 75-90 fps
*Stock Rotofury
*Stock Rival Apollo
*Sonic Blue Magnus modded with double coil 7.5kg spring array, 85-95 fps
*Stock AS-10 Magstrike (Yellow)

*Longshot Plunger Tubed Pistols described in the NIC section, Firestrike or Sharpfire if game organizer wants me to be at a lower velocity ceiling below 200 fps.  But in local Super Stock wars, it's understood I play the long range player and most Event organizers and players and are fine with it as I maintain distance from opponents or will drop high yield pistols if another supertock player gets close and flip to the Retaliator.

NIC: 
Primaries
*An AT2K with removable Turret, switchable with 17/32nds brass barrels of choice. 245fps with turret, up to 290 fps singled @ 7 pumps
*2 Longshot Plunger tubed pistols based off the Nerf Rebelle Star-Shot couplered to speedload 17/32nd brass barrels, 19 Kg's and 28 Kg's, 215-230 and 230-260 fps Respectfully
*A Longshot plunger tubed Pistol, same as the above 2, except with a Carbine stock and a Tasco 2x7x20mm scope couplered to accept 17/32nd brass barrels, 32kg's, 240-270 fps

Secondaries and backups:
*An Xplorer Longshot, 21 kg's (18 Kg Xplorer and stock spring), Hybred boltsled, V5 breech, shotgun grip, 11" barrel, ZS shell, 190-215 fps
*A modded Bigshock, 21 Kg's, 140-170 fps
*A Sealed Breech Sharpfire, 21 kg's, 160-185 fps
*A brass barreled Firestrike, gold, Fixed barrel, 21 Kg's 160-180 fps

This loadout is made for long range assault and fortification of specific choke points in battle.  The Longshot plunger tubed pistols are my blasters of choice, one draw, one load, one fire I practice with them everyday and with Singapore darts they can just sail a dart well out of range of a typical opponent outside of a player with a 4B or a Titan tank based airblaster, with normal felt tipped slugs, they behave like a typical modded crossbow.  The Recon or Retaliator is more for close range and I'm going more for reliability than speed. They usually are on a magnetic clip holster, it's easy to draw is for if anyone comes within 100"-70" of me and tries to hit me with a blaster that is either hoppered or mag-fed, usually loaded with FvJ darts.  The Xplorer Longshot usually sits either at my fall back point or the point I am trying to hold.  It is usually used to lay down suppressive fire.  Often, I'll throw it to a teammate to help defend me or because his loadout just sucks.  Sharpfire, BaJ and Firestrike are usually used as backup single shot blasters, they have saved me more times than I can count.

Pro's
*Excellent, accurate long range attack effective in excess 60 yards with ease.
*Primary blaster is a fairly quiet, small, light pistol of holy terror! 
*A Decent close range backup.
*A holster system that is magnetic quick-drawable.
*Cargo shorts make for excellent stefan dart storage.
*Typically carrying 4 blasters at any time, won't lose for the lack of shooting back.

Con's
*Low RoF, not a problem however if your shot placement is good.
*Backup Mag-fed blaster is slower than typically what blaster is shooting at me at close range.
*Getting to a backup blaster in time is sometimes difficult if rushed.
*Darts for the Xplorer Longshot need to be 1-7/16ths OAL or it won't fit in the mags, picking up random ammo off the ground won't work. 
*Longshots Pistols cannot be hoppered (Theroetically) as they only use 66 cc's of volume and 2 1/3" of draw.  
1401521_568376416635096_5994397207782138

12241048_617306291742108_17347609221096212486023_636481909824546_791804515563237

#351291 Nerf N-Strike Elite Firestrike Mod Guide

Posted by Cartaya on 02 February 2016 - 06:19 AM in Modifications

I love what you did with the coupler on this, very nice. Ever give a Century C-882 a look? It is 7/8"X8.5"X.072 wire gauge and 22 active coils.  It has a thinner gauge than an Everbilt spring but less coils per inch so it is a higher yield.  If you cut it to 12 coils, ton's of precompression, around 14 Kg's and should fit in a Firestrike.  Give It a shot, I also use a Catch spring out of the Everbilt small spring variety pack to go well beyond 14 Kg's, give them a try, stock catch springs just aren't enough.

Oh, and I voted for you by the way.

#351331 P.A.T,RIOT Socal war

Posted by Cartaya on 03 February 2016 - 11:38 PM in Nerf Wars

This ought to be a really great game, nice time of the year to play, not too hot/cold.  The games I'm gonna try is a Version of CTF where the player who grabs the flag (N-Strike Era blaster) has to defend himself with only that till he captures the flag.  Also a Version of HvZvH where the perimeter sidewalk (this school has a nice one) is a safe zone but you can't shoot zeds while in it and there is another team you have to kill, killing other team wins.

Other than that, usual fun, bring your blasters, shoot the shit, get some trigger-time.

--Cartaya

#351332 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Cartaya on 04 February 2016 - 12:22 AM in Nerf Wars

February

20th [Glendora, CA] P.A.T,RIOT (People Are Tired, RIOT) 

#351366 Cheap China Knockoff Darts

Posted by Cartaya on 06 February 2016 - 01:01 AM in General Nerf

The nipple Stefan darts from China look interesting, but they have been pulled for some reason, they look a lot better than the ACC darts, here's their FB page...
https://www.facebook...57733731152808/

#351412 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by Cartaya on 09 February 2016 - 03:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Going.

#351603 P.A.T,RIOT Socal war

Posted by Cartaya on 17 February 2016 - 03:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Gluedomes? Well, personally I wouldn't have a problem, no pain, no gain. But I have to concede with Nate, Apollo and Ice9's judgment on this one.  Soft Silicone, no problem for sure.  Also Try X-darts, they are badass, I know the bin is usually on my table making it appear they are just for my use, but they actually are not, I just ask that I get back all we find at the end of the day.

Also, I am so glad you're going to show, be sure to bring the rockets as we are playing yet another game of Ding and in the HvZvH round, they will be zed killers (15 seconds or more out of stun) but only one per team will be allowed if we have at least 2.

#351607 P.A.T,RIOT Socal war

Posted by Cartaya on 17 February 2016 - 05:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh and that Pistol spalt you gave me is cooking, took out the air splitter, put in a precomp spacer and it cooks, no coupler mods yet, But I like it!  You can use my darts for the war if all else fails, I PMed Nate on FB and asked him about the domes because I want to make sure SCUN is involved, especially in decisions like that which could change gameplay or safety.