Stampede on 9kg spring - Is It Safe?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Lim

Jonathan Lim

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:35 AM

Hey guys.
A little too late to be talking about Stampedes, but I am trying to install a 9kg spring and I need help from experienced people. If my Stampede runs on a 9kg spring, do I need to reinforce the gears without replacing them? If I need to reinforce, which part? Can I use epoxy/superglue/epoxy putty to reinforce it?
Thanks a lot :)

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

I'm pretty sure reinforcing the stock gears is impossible. You have to replace them with gears made from a stronger material because you can't reinforce the teeth which is what strips/breaks. However I have not worked with stampedes before so I wouldn't put much stock into this.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 Kilquat

Kilquat

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:22 AM

If you are only adding a 9kg spring to your stampede, there shouldn't much of a problem. My stampede is running an almost 9kg spring and it is holding up just fine so a 9kg is probably safe.

#4 Jonathan Lim

Jonathan Lim

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:23 AM

If you are only adding a 9kg spring to your stampede, there shouldn't much of a problem. My stampede is running an almost 9kg spring and it is holding up just fine so a 9kg is probably safe.

Did you do anything with the gears? At this point if my Stampede gears get stripped I'm gonna roll on the floor and cry

#5 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:11 AM

On some (if not all) stampedes, one of the gears has two parts. These parts can easily strip, so it is recommended that you glue them together.

Here is a blog post explaining that.
And another
Other than that, there's not much that you can do to reinforce gears. There are several people that have been talking about making/selling replacements, though.

If you want to be a bit "safer" with your gears, maybe you should try this 6kg spring.

Edited by jwasko, 01 September 2015 - 09:23 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#6 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:44 PM

I've ran 12 Kg's, but it beat the Stampede to shit. The OMW 6Kg is the best I have seen for performance/power ratio.

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#7 Jonathan Lim

Jonathan Lim

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:47 AM

On some (if not all) stampedes, one of the gears has two parts. These parts can easily strip, so it is recommended that you glue them together.

Here is a blog post explaining that.
And another
Other than that, there's not much that you can do to reinforce gears. There are several people that have been talking about making/selling replacements, though.

If you want to be a bit "safer" with your gears, maybe you should try this 6kg spring.

Thank you for the links :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users