15 replies to this topic

#1 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Ontario

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

I am in the middle of ordering foam from china, it will be solid 13mm EPE foam rod. IF everything works out I will be ordering a roll of yellow and a roll of red. I was wondering if anyone in the community would be interested in any or not, I will be ordering it for my self and some friends regardless of if anyone is interested or not but if there is lots of people in the community wanting foam I will order a larger amount.
Assuming the company continues to answer my emails, follows though with what they are saying they can do and doesn't scam me or something I will post in the trading forums with all the pricing info and updates on the foam.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding color, size or length of the foam I would be happy to hear them

Update:The MOQ for each color is 5000meters so I will only be getting one color. If this goes well I will do more batches of other colors. I'm leaning towards red apposed to yellow but I haven made up my mind yet, any input will be taken into account in my final decision

Update: the company i was talking to ende4d up being the same company the scammed drev and has stopped answering me. I have some good news though, the other company I was talking to off of alibaba has agreed to send me a sample before i order a large amount. The sample should be arriving at my house in 3 weeks or so.

I have also been talking to a local supplier and that seem promising as well.

Update: The local company is the obvious choice, they have been very helpful so far and are willing to send a sample. The have very high tolerance standers on there foam, I will post some pictures of the foam when I get it and compare it with all the other foam I have (mha, china epe foam, hot rod, log home)

Update: The local company I was dealing with decided to stop answering so I went with a company from china. I received the foam today and it is all the wrong size (about 3/4inch) I will try to contact the company to see what they can do about it but I doubt anything will come of it. I do not think I will be trying to do this again, sorry if I got anyone hopes up.

Edited by skullface44, 12 June 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#2 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

I might buy some, but it really should be 13 mm. We use half inch (12.7 mm) barrels, and to have the foam a little tight is ideal. 12 mm would be too small. I might buy some if it was orange or neon green.

Also, what is EPE? Do you know how it compares to standard polyethylene foam? If I were you I would try to get a sample before you order a large quantity.

Edited by Birch, 24 March 2015 - 07:02 PM.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#3 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

I might buy some, but it really should be 13 mm. We use half inch (12.7 mm) barrels, and to have the foam a little tight is ideal. 12 mm would be too small. I might buy some if it was orange or neon green.

Also, what is EPE? Do you know how it compares to standard polyethylene foam? If I were you I would try to get a sample before you order a large quantity.

I don't know enough about it to explain it to you properly but I already have some epe foam from a previous order and it is with out a doubt the best foam I have ever used(and I have used a lot of different foam). In my opinion it is better then log home white, hot rod xl beige and sera rod beige/red. The pours are so small that they are barely visible and when flattened it springs back with a little re shaping, it is similar to the consistency of a yoga block

That was a typo, thank you for bringing it to my attention. The foam will be 13mm

#4 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

I would definitely be interested in some purple or yellow foam. Purple would be awesome. As you know, my second order of this foam didn't turn out so well, so please email me for any questions or help, because I don't want you to be scammed.
Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#5 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

I would definitely be interested in some purple or yellow foam. Purple would be awesome. As you know, my second order of this foam didn't turn out so well, so please email me for any questions or help, because I don't want you to be scammed.

I actually just emailed you with some questions, If the fist batch of yellow and red work out I will defiantly be doing another batch that the color can be determined by the community.

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

Applicable foam type list for everyone:
  • EPE - Expanded PolyEthylene: Normal foam backer rod, most darts, missiles, pool noodles.
  • EVA/PVA - Ethylene/Poly Vinyl Acetate: Ballistic balls, craft foam, the soft part of Vortex discs, the tips and fins of Demo missiles, Buzzbee Extreme darts.
  • PU - Polyurethane Foam: Stress balls, the tips of Gyrostrike bolts, Nerf footballs/basketballs, soft yellow dimpled practice golf balls.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:04 AM

I don't know enough about it to explain it to you properly but I already have some epe foam from a previous order and it is with out a doubt the best foam I have ever used(and I have used a lot of different foam). In my opinion it is better then log home white, hot rod xl beige and sera rod beige/red. The pours are so small that they are barely visible and when flattened it springs back with a little re shaping, it is similar to the consistency of a yoga block

That was a typo, thank you for bringing it to my attention. The foam will be 13mm

Good to know. How does it hold up to high temp hot glue guns?

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#8 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Good to know. How does it hold up to high temp hot glue guns?

It takes heat well but only to a certain point, IF the hole in the foam is made big enough that only a very small amount is left around the edge the glue will eat away at it.

#9 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

I would be interested in some new foam, my old stuff just ran out.

Or hell, Spiderbite has sweet deals on this stuff now, so there's really no reason not to Rainbow.

[k26] springs!

#10 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

I would be interested.

#11 charlie156

charlie156

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

Im interested

#12 therealnerfjunkies

therealnerfjunkies

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • State:California

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:28 AM

I don't have the money at the moment, but I would be interested if you bought a batch in the future, probably when you ask the community to determine the color.

Man, I haven't been on here in forever, I totally forgot how to Nerf. With that in mind, how much foam would be a good amount to get, assuming I start to go to monthly wars?
"You forgot the one rule of making a remake. Don't fuck with the original."

#13 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

I don't have the money at the moment, but I would be interested if you bought a batch in the future, probably when you ask the community to determine the color.

Man, I haven't been on here in forever, I totally forgot how to Nerf. With that in mind, how much foam would be a good amount to get, assuming I start to go to monthly wars?

It really depends on your play style and recovery rate. This foam will be a bright color so the recovery rate should be good. IF you are someone that likes to use a pump action homemade with a hopper I think you would use more foam then someone that uses a pull back blaster with a breach or speed loader

#14 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

I just find a dart foam I like, order them as FVJ's from China and re-head them 2 up, Minus the dart head, they fit perfectly in a Pak-D or Xplorer 18 mag.

Posted Image

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#15 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:43 PM

I just find a dart foam I like, order them as FVJ's from China and re-head them 2 up, Minus the dart head, they fit perfectly in a Pak-D or Xplorer 18 mag.

Posted Image

I do the same thing, the problem with that foam is it is only really good for re heading with tips witch is fine for some blasters. They fall short when it comes to being fired out of hopper or a [k26] homemade, they don't feed very well and when they do the foam either blows up or the dart is incredibly inaccurate. Don't get me wrong, I love those darts in my brass single shot "pistols" and clip system blasters but that is it. The foam I am ordering is for making slugs, domes,gumdrops or silicone domes that are going to be fired out of high powered hoppered spring or air blasters.

#16 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • State:New York
  • Snoop Doggy Doge on Youtube

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Also interested in foam,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users