New info on the Nerf N-Strike Elite Modulus set to release in the Fall

13 replies to this topic

#1 Tomahawk

Tomahawk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

**Disclaimer: this information is from February 2015. This information could change by the release of the Modulus, set for Fall 2015. This information is courtesy of the 2015 world toy Fair**

As you all know, one of the blasters that we are most excited for in 2015, but know the least about, is the Nerf Modulus. But, I am glad to say I got my hands on more information about this blaster.

So far, this is the clearest photo we have of the Modulus:

Posted Image

The front of the barrel is a new Nerf concept. As you can see in the picture, another barrel can go on it. This attachment just gives you two more tactical rails. Also, I have heard many people discussing the stock. It is not wobbly at all like a recon stock, and it can hold an extra clip like a longshot stock. Also, this blaster will use white elite darts with orange tips.

But, what many people don't know is that this blaster will have hundreds of possible combinations of tactical rail attachments. In addition to the attachments seen on the blaster, Nerf is going to release at least four upgrade kits that each contain a few new attachments. Some cool attachments include:

A stock that doubles as a pistol.

A riot shield

A foldable drop grip

A new double sided clip

And much more.

All of the new attachments will be compatible with N-Strike blasters. In all (including the kits and stock blaster) it will have a total of 14 tactical rail attachments.

Until next time, see ya!

Edited by Tomahawk, 19 February 2015 - 03:24 PM.

#2 nine

nine

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • State:Alberta
  • u/erfnay on Reddit
  • Erfnay on Youtube

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

Did you get any information on the internals or how easy it will be to modify this blaster? I don't see any priming mechanism outside of the blaster, so I'm guessing that it's flywheel powered. As much as people seem to like flywheel blasters, I don't find them that fun to mod or use.

Everyone hates engineers because they listen to what you say and then think about it.

Check out my YouTube!

#3 BlasterHacker

BlasterHacker

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

The bulk of it and the clip point to flywheels. Although the grey piece on the underside between the clip and foregrip looks like a sliding, cocking mechanism.

#4 Tomahawk

Tomahawk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

Did you get any information on the internals or how easy it will be to modify this blaster? I don't see any priming mechanism outside of the blaster, so I'm guessing that it's flywheel powered. As much as people seem to like flywheel blasters, I don't find them that fun to mod or use.

You are correct it is a Semi-Auto Flywheel blaster. I did not get any modification information.

#5 blazenb

blazenb

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • State:North Carolina

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:08 AM

The bulk of it and the clip point to flywheels. Although the grey piece on the underside between the clip and foregrip looks like a sliding, cocking mechanism.

Then the Foregrip would be useless but it is nerf and they are just trying to get money so who knows may just be a extra foregrip
Er mer gerd it's batman nahnahnahnahnahnahnahnahnahnah BATMAN!!!

#6 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

Then the Foregrip would be useless but it is nerf and they are just trying to get money so who knows may just be a extra foregrip

My theory is that's the battery cover (like the rhino fire) if it is in fact flywheel powered

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#7 blazenb

blazenb

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • State:North Carolina

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:06 AM

My theory is that's the battery cover (like the rhino fire) if it is in fact flywheel powered

Smart way of thinking about that Rave.
Er mer gerd it's batman nahnahnahnahnahnahnahnahnahnah BATMAN!!!

#8 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

...Does anyone remember the Cam 12? I think that is going to be what this will become like. Other than the Demolisher, which I felt was a vast improvement and worth another Semi-auto flywheel model, why bother?. They could have thrown the attachments on a number of better blasters.

I rather see...

*A pistol Rapidstrike like model, sorta like an Uzi or an Ingram.
*An XD elite Longshot.
*A Selective fire (3 burst, Full auto, semi auto) electric trigger Rapidstrike.
*A Zombiestrike Version of the Star Shot.
*A Elite Longstrike.
*A 4 Barreled Triad/jolt type pistol.
*A Clipfed Magnus
*A Return of the Magstrike but smaller using the Smart AR system.
*An XD Alpha Trooper.

--Cartaya

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#9 Quack

Quack

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

[img]http://www.blasterlabs.com/wp-content/themes/post-script/assets/images/image.php?width=840&image=http://www.blasterlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Nerf-Modulus-38.jpg[/img]
It won't display the picture.

The Modulus was displayed at the toy fair go to the blasterlabs page to see more.
The information has been up since February 16th.

Edited by Quack, 05 March 2015 - 12:44 PM.

When I get excited I eat rocks.

#10 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

Posted Image
It won't display the picture.

Your IP Board-fu needs improvement, padawan.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#11 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • State:California
  • u/Maniacal_coyote on Reddit

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

This could be a semi-auto with an electronic dart-pusher.
In that case, that gray piece could very well cover 4x C cell batteries, and they have a "Rapidfire" module with a magnet or something similar that closes a circuit and allows full-auto firing. Although electronically overly complicated, it could work. What do you think?

MODERATOR EDIT:
Comic Sans is a terrible font, and you should feel terrible for using it, and we should feel terrible that we make it an option in the board software.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 09 March 2015 - 06:35 PM.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#12 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

This could be a semi-auto with an electronic dart-pusher.
In that case, that gray piece could very well cover 4x C cell batteries, and they have a "Rapidfire" module with a magnet or something similar that closes a circuit and allows full-auto firing. Although electronically overly complicated, it could work. What do you think?

Sounds possible, but yes, overly complicated. It would be great news to modders though, because with an easy switch-bypass this would be another rapidstrike-type blaster (since its the only full-auto flywheel right now besides the rhino fire.)

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#13 Gin

Gin

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

Anyone else notice the bipod is hung backwards? lol might just be my ocd. But as for the modulus itself.... i plan on picking up this and the accessories..... worth its price? probably not but I want all the Accesories! and for ALL the accessories I would need to buy the most likely reshelled stryfe.... ah well

Edited by Gin, 11 March 2015 - 07:37 AM.

Leader of the Wrecking Crew, Student of Ninjitsu and Kendo, Avid Otaku, Metal head, Amateur engineer, and In my spare time I kill zombies. I'll sleep when I'm dead... 'Till then, There ain't no rest for the Wicked.

#14 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • State:California
  • u/Maniacal_coyote on Reddit

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Sounds possible, but yes, overly complicated. It would be great news to modders though, because with an easy switch-bypass this would be another rapidstrike-type blaster (since its the only full-auto flywheel right now besides the rhino fire.)

The side picture really looks like the grip is the same uncomfortable width as the RapidStrike's grip; perfect for concealing four C-Cell batteries.
Perhaps it won't be as useless as we have been thinking!

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users