QuannyG's Content

There have been 33 items by QuannyG (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#212152 Hvz In Australia

Posted by QuannyG on 14 February 2009 - 03:34 AM in General Nerf

Hi everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone knows of any HvZ games around Australia, particularly in Victoria.
Thanks

#163364 Wanted: West Australian Nerfers

Posted by QuannyG on 19 July 2008 - 11:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn... I'm in the eastern states...

#162052 A Few Mods Of Mine

Posted by QuannyG on 09 July 2008 - 02:00 AM in Modifications

Nice mods overall, I especially like the really clean NF and Nintendo Zapper

#161796 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by QuannyG on 07 July 2008 - 09:21 AM in General Nerf

2 Recons
1 Red Magstrike
2 Nitefinders (one modded with Petg nested in PVC and the other one is stock)
1 Maverick (PETG barrel modded)
1 TTG
1 Crossfire gun (PETG Modded)
2 SMDTG (one is PETG Modded, the other is stock

Quite a primitive arsenal, but we don't have good guns here. The Crossfire and the Magstrike were imported

#161335 What Do You Do With 2 Disposable Mavericks

Posted by QuannyG on 03 July 2008 - 08:12 AM in Modifications

I did a barrel replacement for my maverick with PETG, and it turned it half decent, range: estimated to be about 14 m with taggers

#161186 The Violator

Posted by QuannyG on 01 July 2008 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

Very nice. However, if I may, I'd like to suggest a new name: Diculous, from Mark Leung's College Saga

#160410 Spiderman Dtg Petg Barrels

Posted by QuannyG on 25 June 2008 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

OfAll, surprisingly, without adhesive, the barrels are pretty much in that little hole, and it seems as though they're in for the long haul! Bomberman did say that this methods makes the barrels slightly removable, however, when I messed up during the process, I had to use a pair of pliers and a considerable amount of elbow grease. This in turn ruined the barrels.

#160311 Spiderman Dtg Petg Barrels

Posted by QuannyG on 24 June 2008 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

Here is my SMDTG with PETG Barrels. Curiously, no glue was used in replacing the barrels.

Posted Image

The gun was opened up, stock barrels taken out, and the usual was done (op valve glued over, AR removal etc. etc.)

E - Tape was wrapped twice around the PETG like so:

Posted Image

and the barrels are carefully inserted into where the stock barrels go. Then the stock barrels are cut off and is placed over the barrels as seen in the first picture. Sanding of the holes where the original barrels were may have to take place. Looking at my orange "collar", it is a little jagged around the edges, as I don't own a dremel.

Ranges (in order of firing sequence):

Barrel 1 (Centre barrel): 16 m
Barrel 2 (Left Barrel): 21 m
Barrel 3 (Right Barrel): 21 m

Enjoy!

QuannyG

#160302 Nerf Maverick "speedloader"

Posted by QuannyG on 24 June 2008 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

It isn't a speed loader unless it loads all barrels. And what good is it if you need a screwdriver to ramrod each dart into place? That makes the process even slower.

I have talked about it and been lazy in developing it, but I know what needs to be done to make a true speed loader. I swear when I get home (working in Montreal this week sans internet in my room) I will try to put a true speed loader together. "Scout's honor" and all that jazz.

The first video shows the work in progress, and the second video, which is why the topic says "updated", is the improvement on this speedloader. I understand "it's slow", "it doesn't load all barrels" but this is a concept. Please understand that. However, I would love to see your take on a speedloader.

#160145 Nerf Maverick "speedloader"

Posted by QuannyG on 23 June 2008 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

LongshotWielder and BustaNinja: I personally don't like drop clips, I prefer the Badassness of the russian roulette mod, and I made a mistake, the barrels used to make this speedloader were taken from the maverick you see in the video; this maverick had a petg barrel replacement.

#160039 Nerf Maverick "speedloader"

Posted by QuannyG on 22 June 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Here's an update: "Quad ram rod" constructed, made out of back part of the maverick turret (again, a busted maverick donated this "organ") with rods shoved into the holes where the air used to go

#160001 Nerf Maverick "speedloader"

Posted by QuannyG on 22 June 2008 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

I like it, but why destroy a maverick turret to make something that would have a slower reload speed then making a drop clip?

Either way, way to go for pioneering a new idea for the Mav. Still one of my favorite guns.

DISCLAIMER: Only do this mod if you have a spare broken, crappy maverick. Also, this is for the russian roulette modded maverick

#159953 Nerf Maverick "speedloader"

Posted by QuannyG on 22 June 2008 - 03:38 AM in Modifications

Here, I have a video of the Maverick speedloader in action. Basically, it is a set of Maverick barrels, with two barrels cut off, and the speedloader slots are cut to a length of about 3 cm. Hot glue is used to stabilise the structure. This is still a work in progress, as I am still using a pen to push the darts in. Hopefully I can fabricate a "quad ram rod", to push four darts in at the same time.

#158209 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by QuannyG on 06 June 2008 - 07:16 AM in General Nerf

We may just have to give this vid the benefit of the doubt, i mean, it's an expo, and no doubt that there would be heaps of journalists wanting to look at the Vulcan, therefore, i suggest that maybe the batteries were flat. Like jackster said, this may have been a really early prototype. The third alternative is that it just sucks. But we must give it the benefit of the doubt.

#156100 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by QuannyG on 18 May 2008 - 07:25 AM in General Nerf

Sorry for the double post, but I found that the Star Wars nerf blasters are now in stock at TOys R Us Northland as well

#156071 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by QuannyG on 17 May 2008 - 06:51 PM in General Nerf

I live in Australia, and I find it so irritating that the best guns we have are Nitefinders and Mavericks. I also import, and I'd like to thank the creator of this thread for taking the initiave to begin a thread for Aussies.

Mavericks, Nitefinders, Atomiser slingshots, DTG blaster sets, Taggers and Suction darts can all be found at Toys R Us Northland

Buzz Bee Blasters can also be found at Toys R Us, however, I wouldn't recommend any of the selection here.

#150012 Nerf Gun Malfunctions/breakages

Posted by QuannyG on 08 April 2008 - 06:05 AM in General Nerf

Well, seeing as though my NF's plunger has just had a neat little hole ripped from it by the screw holding it in place, I would like to know from the NIC what malfunctions you have had over the years in your nerfing. Spare no details!!!

EDIT: In addition to the NF's plunger, I have also had two Maverick's cocking pin retainers broken (although the second maverick was fixed with a nut, bolt, washer and hot glue), 2 Rapid Fire Rifle's internals break on me, one of which took a chunk out of my finger when I tried to fix it and one Double Shot's cocking mechanism malfunction.

#148528 Sidearm/secondary Guns

Posted by QuannyG on 01 April 2008 - 07:22 AM in General Nerf

Mine is a trusty penny modded maverick which is kept in a drop leg holster made of a travel pouch, two belts and bulldog clips

#148477 Primary Guns

Posted by QuannyG on 31 March 2008 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

Since Australians don't have access to Big Bad Bows, Crossbows, Longshots or Titans, my primary would be a modded NF with an attached stock

#148306 How To Suppress/"silence" A Nerf Crossfire

Posted by QuannyG on 31 March 2008 - 06:26 AM in Modifications

Ahhh, good old Australia and their ridiculous gun laws =-)

Seriously though, that is a very good idea. I've seen a few 'silencers' come out of these forums, but yours is the only one which has an obvious result with not too much effort. good job.

ps: a little off topic, but where do you happen to get your guns in Australia? do you import them, because ive found shipping costs too impractical for that =-S

I have bought a Maverick, Dart Tag Darts and the Crossfire off ebay, I buy my nitefinders and the spidey DTG's at Target and Toys R Us, it's a shame how bad our nerf scene is here...

#148294 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by QuannyG on 31 March 2008 - 02:25 AM in General Nerf

My first gun was a switchshots super, and then a secret strike pocket blaster, then I got out of nerf for a while, and then it was the maverick which got me back

#148150 How To Suppress/"silence" A Nerf Crossfire

Posted by QuannyG on 30 March 2008 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

So, pretty much limited to the Maverick REV-6, Scout IX-3, and the CrossFire/ StrikeFire then... Oh well. Still a bloody brilliant creation Mistuh Aussie Nerfuh...

Actually I don't think it would work with the Maverick, because of the little gap in between the plunger and the turret, so it would probably only work with a well modified crossfire or scout. A good seal for the barrel is what it takes for the gun to make the "pop" sound.

#147985 How To Suppress/"silence" A Nerf Crossfire

Posted by QuannyG on 29 March 2008 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

That is crazy (CRAZY AWESOME :P )... Would this work on any other guns?

Only if the main sound from the gun is the dart leaving the barrel. Although I live in a country which strictly regulates gun ownership, from what I understand about suppressors, they limit the sound of the bullet when it leaves the gun, and that is what I have tried to acheive with this nerf gun.

#147978 How To Suppress/"silence" A Nerf Crossfire

Posted by QuannyG on 29 March 2008 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

sorry for the double post, but the range is just slightly affected, not by much though

#147575 Nerf Video Directory

Posted by QuannyG on 28 March 2008 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

Here my shameless plug for my suppressed nerf crossfire

#147420 How To Suppress/"silence" A Nerf Crossfire

Posted by QuannyG on 27 March 2008 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

Im sorry but i dont really see any point of what you did... There was not enough of a difference to really matter...

You didn't notice that the "pop" was completely gone the second time?

I couldn't tell from the video...did you get the same range with both shots?

yes i get about the same range with the "silencer" on it

#147381 How To Suppress/"silence" A Nerf Crossfire

Posted by QuannyG on 27 March 2008 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

Hi guys, its the Aussie nerfer again with a guide on how to suppress the sound on a Nerf Crossfire

DISCLAIMER: This will work for a crossfire if the main sound coming from the gun when fired is a "pop" when the dart leaves the barrel.

Heres a few shots of my modded plunger, it has OMC's PETG (thanks for the supplies), nerf foam on the back of the plunger, and PVC tape wrapped around the o - ring section.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now heres the "silencer" that you will be fitting on the original barrel of the gun, i wanted it to be removable, as I understand that this is just a novelty, and brings more cosmetic but functional use than an actual role in a battle.
The "silencer" is made from a 15mm pvc coupler with grooves cut into it, and a 15mm pvc pipe inserted into it. On top of the 15 mm pipe is a 20mm pipe fitted onto it and secured with hot glue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heres a video for performance, it really takes a good quality microphone to really capture it, and i just used the video capture on my digital camera.

Please understand that this is a novelty, and has no real use in a battle. Also, this will not fully suppress the gun, as the plunger still hits the assembly, albeit a little quieter because of the foam.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed it.

EDIT: I made a new "silencer" because the old one was crooked and affected the shots every time

Posted Image

QuannyG

#147133 Primary Guns

Posted by QuannyG on 26 March 2008 - 05:15 PM in General Nerf

A modded NF with stock

#146555 Missing Nf Catch Spring

Posted by QuannyG on 24 March 2008 - 07:01 AM in General Nerf

Hey guys. While I was modding my NiteFinder, the catch spring went missing and I haven't seen it since. Anyone know where to get a replacement, preferably not from the internet?

I used a mechanical pencil spring from a faber castell "automatic" pencil (if u look on the packaging, it says the lead auto advances). It was used to double spring the catch spring, but it should be fine on it's own.

#146550 Point Of Putting An Ar In A Gun

Posted by QuannyG on 24 March 2008 - 06:00 AM in Modifications

Why is there an AR in every nerf gun in the present? Even without them, they don't shoot as far as crossbows or some other past guns. Is nerf scared of being sued or something? Because I got shot in the eye with a nerf gun, I didn't go blind.

That is precisely the point: kids who partake in activities such as russian roulette with a nerf gun may run the risk of getting slightly injured without an air restrictor in it. Also, as Nerf is a toy company, the expectations of parents buying TOY guns from this brand expect them to be safe. If the guns don't have some sort of safety measure in them, then parents can legitimately sue for negligence.

#143598 Perfect Nf Stefans

Posted by QuannyG on 03 March 2008 - 05:51 AM in Modifications

This has been done a million times before, and it seems like every few weeks we get another noob who thinks they've found the silver bullet.

Just go buy some foam and make a damn stefan. Enjoy your stay at the Haven. <_<

I live in Australia, and for some reason, our hardware stores don't sell the proper foam, so maybe you should give him some slack and lay off the name calling.

This forum is for sharing ideas, and if the same idea comes up every now and then, who are we to judge?

#140750 How To Make Stefans From Suction Darts

Posted by QuannyG on 17 February 2008 - 04:59 AM in Modifications

If you live in Australia, and are a nerfer, this is for you.

My fellow Australians (and Yanks) if you are like me, and go to your local hardware store looking for nerf materials and are tearing your hair out because they don't have anything you desire, then what else can you do, but improvise. Materials such as FBR, 1/2" brass/PVC/Copper/PETG, Proper springs are basically non - existant in Australian hardware stores such as Bunnings and Mitre 10. My first writeup is on making something without the materials all you Yanks seem to have...

This write up deals with the production of stefans from suction micro darts.

Posted Image

This is your typical Nerf Suction Micro Dart, one which travels very slow when fired out of a modded gun.

Posted Image

Rip off the suction cup part of the dart

Posted Image

and cut off the rubber "rod" protruding from the back of the suction cup tip, KEEP THE LITTLE RUBBER ROD

Posted Image

With your now hollow piece of Nerf foam, cut the foam until it is about 4 cm in length, here is one freshly cut piece compared to a finished micro stefan and a stock dart.

Posted Image

Now apply glue on the little rubber rod you cut off earlier and put it inside the hole of the foam tubing. Make sure you put glue on the rubber first and not inside the foam tubing first, because if the glue is inside the tubing first, it will affect the weight of the projectile.

Posted Image

Now proceed to make a hot glue dome for your improvised stefan, and voila!

EDIT: Also, after this step, I suggest making a batch of them, then place them in a container (cup, bucket etc.) and blow dry them on high. (thanks to CaptainSlug's "How to make stefans" video on youtube)

I get crazy ranges with these, I know every American nerfer is like "yeah theres nothing special bout that, that happens all the time" but the thing is, there is barely any "Nerf Community" in Australia.

With my super - charged nitefinder, i get ranges of about 20 - 26 metres.

Hope you guys like my first write up on NH

Thanks to:
CaptainSlug - For your blowdrying idea on your youtube video
ForsakenAngel_24 - your feats of craziness have inspired me to craziness

QuannyG

#140720 Recon Shoulder Stock Rebuild With Spring Integration And Shotgun Mod.

Posted by QuannyG on 17 February 2008 - 12:42 AM in Modifications

It's a pity that they don't sell Recons in Australia...

Very well done, excellent craftmanship