Photo

What Do You Do With 2 Disposable Mavericks

21 replies to this topic

Poll: what do you do with 2 disposable mavericks (57 member(s) have cast votes)

what do you do with 2 disposable mavericks

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:10 AM

so whatdya think? i found two for a dollar at a thrift store and there just asking to be modded.

#2 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

First, kindly fix your grammar.

On topic, I would single one and use the clip for swapping the other out.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#3 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:40 AM

I'd experiment on one, using parts of the other as backups/mod parts (doubled plunger tube? better seals?).
Teehee.

#4 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:59 AM

yeah. single one and clip the other. not a whole lot to be done with them tho. Maybe intergrate one into another gun.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#5 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:39 AM

I'd throw both of them in the garbage.

#6 QuannyG

QuannyG

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:12 AM

I did a barrel replacement for my maverick with PETG, and it turned it half decent, range: estimated to be about 14 m with taggers
QuannyG: School Captain

#7 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

I'd just get them away before they send their plague to your other guns. I'm on my 3rd Maverick now. The first one, the rotation mechanism got messed up some how, on the second the plunger tube cracked open, then on this next one, it only fires occasionally if you press the trigger really slow. If you pull the trigger normally, the barrel doesn't line up with the plunger tube.

They're garbage, just take them and make them look cool with some cosmetic mods and nice paintjobs. That's all they're good for. And then do yourself a favor and go buy the DTG10s.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#8 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

I would either A, salvage them for parts B, give them to my friends and laugh at them as they try and hit me or C, chuck em' in the trash.

Edited by chefdave, 03 July 2008 - 10:37 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#9 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

I have destroyed 8 mavs....... But the handles will be seen on more than one of my monstrosity's. Love maveric grips.
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#10 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

I've destroyed 2 Mavericks. I'd single one and do a Nitemav mod with Sluggy's drop clip mod on the other so you can have two turrets (clips) for your Nitemav. But I wouldn't expect too much luck though, seeing as how they are Mavericks, just saying.

EDIT: If you have a lot of time and devotion you could make a pretty nasty creation. Take both and do Nitemav and drop clip mods to them and cut both down and double them up. If they perform well enough it could merit a Manta Ray on top (if you have one ore can make one). I'd also have a lanyard available to prime them both, if you got everything right you'd have one beastly machine.

Edited by Blasphemy, 03 July 2008 - 05:22 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#11 Raj Man

Raj Man

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

Bottom Line: Mavericks pretty much suck. You need a healthy dose of luck and and good amount of time to even make your gun work after it's been modded. If you just keep them stock and use them indoors, like i do, they're very effective, but once you try to mod them or take them outside they fail miserably.
"Asshats are people who get stupider every post/minute/hour/day. See, they have an ass for a hat, so every 24 hrs. their brain is replaced with more shit. That's at least how I took the definition of "asshat" to be."

-GeneralPrimeevil

#12 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

Stop telling me to throw them in the trash, i got them for 50cents each i want to use them!! My arsenal is really small. They are my good friends favorite gun, he would choose one over an arrowstorm. Although i like the doubled plunger tube, i also figured out this morning that it would be really easy to shotgun grip one.

#13 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

Do the double maverick mod, like the double NF, except add a 2k to each mav.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#14 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

You could take out the turrets and sell them then use the spring in a CF or something.

#15 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

I would experiment with at least one of them. Once I get some money I will try and make a reverse plunger into a regular plunger hopefully increasing the range. One question, are they blue or yellow mavs, the blue ones are allot better in my opinion. I have two right now and my blue one will always stay unmodded (I only mod the second one of a gun I get unless its incredibly horrible a.k.a. the recon). Don't under estimate the mav.

#16 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

I've destroyed at least 4 of them, but that was experimentation, not modding. I have 4 other Mavericks that I have modded with basic mods (AR removal, roulette mod) that get 30-40' ranges angled.

I don't see why everyone hates Mavericks. I used mine all the time before I started using a Recon as my sidearm. They are extremely comfortable and easy to aim, and I can fire off all 6 shot in 4 seconds. If you attach lanyards to the loops on the back of the cocking slides and hang them aroung your neck, you can dual wield them very easily, by just pushing the Mav away from you and letting the lanyard cock it. With that method I can fire off all 12 shots in 6 seconds.

I chose "experiment with one, mod the other", but what I'd really do is just do the lanyard mod to both and dual wield them.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#17 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

I would experiment with at least one of them. Once I get some money I will try and make a reverse plunger into a regular plunger hopefully increasing the range. One question, are they blue or yellow mavs, the blue ones are allot better in my opinion. I have two right now and my blue one will always stay unmodded (I only mod the second one of a gun I get unless its incredibly horrible a.k.a. the recon). Don't under estimate the mav.

The blue and yellow one are the same... I would clip one, single the other.

#18 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Personally, I don't give a damn what you do with them, although it would make me happy if you made a video of them blowing up.

Edited by Bomberman, 03 July 2008 - 03:46 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#19 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

I chose "experament with one common mods on the other". I chose this because i think if you could do a revolutionary modification to the maverick, then it would be a decent gun, and everybody would stop hating the maverick.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#20 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

Mavericks are nice indoor, I once got nailed by my good old ttg stealing friend while I was using a recon(He ran me into the ground and shot 4 or 5 into my crotch), But other than that I mostly nerf outdoors,and I have never really liked Mavericks becuase I have had half a dozen and not a single one had anywhere near a modable turret, so I say through them against a wall, load them with firecrackers in every nook and cranny, then blowing them up, then tie the pieces to a lead weight, and dump them into a lake.
But seriously, I would turn them into one pistol with a dozen shots.
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

#21 p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

I would experiment with both, then show everybody something they've never thought of before.
It's better for someone to think you're a fool
than to open your mouth and prove them right

#22 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

Personally, I don't give a damn what you do with them, although it would make me happy if you made a video of them blowing up.

If you dont give a damn what i do with them, why did you reply??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users