Nerf Maverick "speedloader"

UPDATED

11 replies to this topic

#1 QuannyG

QuannyG

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:38 AM

Here, I have a video of the Maverick speedloader in action. Basically, it is a set of Maverick barrels, with two barrels cut off, and the speedloader slots are cut to a length of about 3 cm. Hot glue is used to stabilise the structure. This is still a work in progress, as I am still using a pen to push the darts in. Hopefully I can fabricate a "quad ram rod", to push four darts in at the same time.

Edited by QuannyG, 23 June 2008 - 06:58 AM.

QuannyG: School Captain

#2 bobafett109

bobafett109

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

That sounds and looks pretty cool, but I just don't see it being too effective. since you have to take apart a maverick, and unless you single it, it's ruined then. I would like to try to make a CPVC one or something along those lines, and also all 6 barrels. I find it much better to have the turret just come right out.

Overall: I like it.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Feb 17 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(FoamSniper @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 AM) View Post

You're probably all wondering how to get a range of 95' from a mech 20

I was figuring you threw it.

#3 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:31 AM

I like it, but why destroy a maverick turret to make something that would have a slower reload speed then making a drop clip?

Either way, way to go for pioneering a new idea for the Mav. Still one of my favorite guns.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#4 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

Yea I know, the mav is totally underestimated.

#5 QuannyG

QuannyG

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

I like it, but why destroy a maverick turret to make something that would have a slower reload speed then making a drop clip?

Either way, way to go for pioneering a new idea for the Mav. Still one of my favorite guns.

DISCLAIMER: Only do this mod if you have a spare broken, crappy maverick. Also, this is for the russian roulette modded maverick

Edited by QuannyG, 22 June 2008 - 05:55 PM.

#6 QuannyG

QuannyG

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

Here's an update: "Quad ram rod" constructed, made out of back part of the maverick turret (again, a busted maverick donated this "organ") with rods shoved into the holes where the air used to go

#7 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

Next you should try a drop clip with a hex ramrod so you can load all the barrels at once.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#8 Secran

Secran

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

When you use the ramrods, you should just grip the loading tubes and pull it all out in a single movement. Save you about 2 seconds.

#9 Jules Winfield

Jules Winfield

• Banned
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

Here, I have a video of the Maverick speedloader in action. Basically, it is a set of Maverick barrels, with two barrels cut off, and the speedloader slots are cut to a length of about 3 cm. Hot glue is used to stabilise the structure. This is still a work in progress, as I am still using a pen to push the darts in. Hopefully I can fabricate a "quad ram rod", to push four darts in at the same time.

Mmmm! Goddamn, QuannyG! This is some serious gourmet shit! Usually, I would be happy with some freeze-dried Taster's Choice, but he springs this serious GOURMET shit on us! What flavor is this?

#10 QuannyG

QuannyG

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:46 PM

LongshotWielder and BustaNinja: I personally don't like drop clips, I prefer the Badassness of the russian roulette mod, and I made a mistake, the barrels used to make this speedloader were taken from the maverick you see in the video; this maverick had a petg barrel replacement.

Edited by QuannyG, 23 June 2008 - 05:47 PM.

#11 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

It isn't a speed loader unless it loads all barrels. And what good is it if you need a screwdriver to ramrod each dart into place? That makes the process even slower.

I have talked about it and been lazy in developing it, but I know what needs to be done to make a true speed loader. I swear when I get home (working in Montreal this week sans internet in my room) I will try to put a true speed loader together. "Scout's honor" and all that jazz.
C8H18

#12 QuannyG

QuannyG

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

It isn't a speed loader unless it loads all barrels. And what good is it if you need a screwdriver to ramrod each dart into place? That makes the process even slower.

I have talked about it and been lazy in developing it, but I know what needs to be done to make a true speed loader. I swear when I get home (working in Montreal this week sans internet in my room) I will try to put a true speed loader together. "Scout's honor" and all that jazz.

The first video shows the work in progress, and the second video, which is why the topic says "updated", is the improvement on this speedloader. I understand "it's slow", "it doesn't load all barrels" but this is a concept. Please understand that. However, I would love to see your take on a speedloader.

Edited by QuannyG, 24 June 2008 - 06:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users