THAT sir, is a lie. My Longstrike broke its model cement/hot glue/PVC bandage and is still fully dead.
+No guns breaking (except Beavers)
Anyway, now that some time's passed and my legs are no longer sore, let's add my personal highlights.
+ First war. Whoo!
- Extremely sore lower body
- Lost about a full magazine's worth of Streamlines
- My Longstrike died...again
- Realizing that most of my equipment is substandard at best compared to that of just about everyone else there.
+ Getting another Maverick
+ Chasing down someone (sorry, I'm horrible with names) with my LS and fragging him, but not before barrel-tapping someone else. (again, sorry I forgot your name.)
+ Impressing Shorts with a Maverick storm during CTF
+ Seeing someone staring me down holding their melee weapon, dropping my gun, charging him, and getting the sword kill.
- Dart pickup. Dear sweet zombie Raptor Jesus but that was a pain
++ Being called "pro" during the TDM round as I stood on a 3-inch ledge on the info center wall, steadying myself by holding onto the corner of the building, and peeking out around said corner
++ Chasing yet ANOTHER fellow Nerfer (jeez, I really suck at this.),running out of ammo just as we passed the table where I'd left my equipment, dropping my current gun, spinning to dodge a shot from somebody else, grabbing my sword, continuing the chase, overbalancing myself, falling forward, rolling, taking a swing at my target's leg (don't remember if I actually got you or not), overbalancing because of the swing, and accidentally dodging yet another shot by doing a one-armed handstand to re-balance myself
+ Being called "ninja" immediately following the above event
- Failing to actually regain my balance with the handstand, falling on my rear, and getting fragged as a result
+ Dodging a rather high percentage of the shots taken at me
- Realizing during Carpe Testiculum that my Rapid-Fire, due to its high jam rate, kills my ammo
- Finding out that while having your gun get shot counts as a kill because with real guns it would be unusable, one can't get around this by carrying multiple weapons. That really doesn't make sense.
All in all, a good time.