Jump to content


Member Since 08 Jul 2013
Offline Last Active Aug 14 2013 08:38 PM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Voltage upgrade = burning foam?

29 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Duct tape will leave a terrible sticky residue as it wears away.

Does anyone have actual side by side range tests of flywheels covered with something versus unwrapped flywheels? Does wrapping the flywheels improve performance at all?

Personally, my own stryfe has replaced motors and plasti-dip on stock voltage. Although I have not officially range tested it, it seems as if after I applied the Plasti-dip I saw a very minimal range increase possibly ~5 ft more then with simply replaced motors, however, I did see a significant increase in accuracy, It seems as if the added traction on the dart allocates for the flywheels to fling the darts out a bit straighter. If you are teetering on the edge of applying Plasti-dip, I would go right ahead, its fairly cheap and makes your blaster just a little better.

In Topic: Voltage upgrade = burning foam?

28 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Its nothing to worry about, It is logical that at higher RPMs you will experience some charred color on the flywheels. In fact, I have tested that with just stock motors and stock voltage this coloration will appear after extended use. It should be alright. Have you felt the flywheels, the coloration shouldn't inhibit ranges but I would suggest you open up your stryfe and just clear that out if you can. Furthermore, I would recommend you apply Plasti-Dip to the flywheels to increase traction.

Hope this helps!

In Topic: Modification and Paintjob Pictures

22 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Here is a Stryfe/Stampede integration I'm working on. That nasty rugged surface you may notice is due to some horrendous bodywork. In my momentary lapse of stupidity I forgot to put the hardener in the Bondo....it did not turn out too well. The splatter paint did a decent job of covering up most of the ugliness.
Looks pretty cool to me!
Comments and advice is welcome!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Does anyone know why I can't display the actual picture? I used my photobucket account to get the urls, but now it is just a link.
Any input would be great.

You have to put around the photobucket URL

In Topic: Issues with the OMW spring for the E.A.T.

19 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

I myself do not have an E.A.T.. However, I did experience such problems when i was trying to modify my Rampage with a 5 kg OMW spring. For some reason the blaster would not catch. For one thing, I recommend you grease the internals significantly, for me it helped quite a bit. In addition, a quick prime also helps. For means of the blaster's priming getting stuck, I would check to make sure that all your internals are aligned just to make sure something isn't restricting your priming mech when you pull.

Hope you get it fixed soon!