Actuated Ram Rifle

115 replies to this topic

#101 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

Soldered the barrel to the receiver and soldered a short section of 1/2" brass tubing to the drilled plug to make a tubing adapter.
Posted Image
Also lathed down the ramrod to match the new receiver design.

Tomorrow I have to drill and tap a new port in the inline air tank after measuring out where the QEV belongs.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#102 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Dawwwwww, I was made fun of by vacc.

:3
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#103 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

Have you decided which QEV and directional control valve you're going to use?
-Knowledge Is Power-

#104 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

Have you decided which QEV and directional control valve you're going to use?

Yes.
Posted Image
I already have a push-button directional control valve that I bought last year but never got around to returning.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 08 August 2008 - 11:53 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#105 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

Looks nice and compact.

Is the air chamber port of your QEV off at a slight angle? That port on my QEV is off slightly and it's somewhat noticeable. I'm wondering if it was just a defect in my valve. Yours appears straight.

#106 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

Nice. I'm starting to get excited about this.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#107 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

Looks nice and compact.

Is the air chamber port of your QEV off at a slight angle? That port on my QEV is off slightly and it's somewhat noticeable. I'm wondering if it was just a defect in my valve. Yours appears straight.

The thread on the exhaust port of mine it a bit off-kilter too.

#108 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

Looks nice and compact.

I think its a manufacturing defect. My QEV has it to, you could shoot McMaster an email I suppose.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#109 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

I would have started construction earlier this week, but I've been sick and I am completely out of scrap plastic.
In the mean time oggle at the final revisions to the CAD design before I start machining the first set of frame parts.
Posted Image

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 September 2008 - 10:40 PM.

#110 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:43 PM

Did you get my PM about where you can probably get scrap plastic for super-cheap, ehh it's not that special anyways. And that revision is beautiful, it looks almost like a P-90 in some ways now.

EDIT: Not that it didn't look like a P-90 before.

Edited by Blasphemy, 12 September 2008 - 10:48 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#111 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

That doesn't look like any other gun made before IIRC. Sure looks like a bullpup though. Bullpups for the win! :D That looks AMAZING! Don't lose it in Canadia this time.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#112 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:58 PM

The styling is not based on anything other than getting the best feel out of the existing component configuration. With a small shoulder strap this weapon should be easily wielded with one hand and It might feel well-balance even if a paintball tank were mounted to it.

I've done preliminary tests to confirm the working order of the pneumatic components, but I need to move up to testing the moving components together after the frame is made.

Did you get my PM about where you can probably get scrap plastic for super-cheap, ehh it's not that special anyways.

Yes. I'll try calling glass supply companies some more, but my nearest familiar source for scrap plastic is still 35 miles away.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 13 September 2008 - 07:57 AM.

#113 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

Did you get my PM about where you can probably get scrap plastic for super-cheap, ehh it's not that special anyways.

Yes. I'll try calling glass supply companies some more, but my nearest familiar source for scrap plastic is still 35 miles away.

If worse comes to worse I could send you the amount of polycarbonate you need for probably around $5 plus shipping, maybe even less dependent on how much you need. And what's the deal with the weird nub jutting from the bottom of the magazine pointing towards the front of the blaster?

EDIT: But I'd only be able to sell you 1/4" polycarbonate, as that is all I have, unfortunately.

Edited by Blasphemy, 12 September 2008 - 11:15 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#114 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:55 AM

I'm never going to finish this because I don't want to encourage complexity anymore. Complexity and Nerf Wars do not mix well.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 28 April 2009 - 11:12 AM.

#115 BLAYDZ

BLAYDZ

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

they make a drum mag now that would be great... i was wondering if it would be possible to use a Vulcan battery system and modify the connecters to accept a 9.6vold batter and put that into a modified Nerf Raider (the gun that came out with the drum mag) and use it as a fully auto gun with a drum mag or regular mag? you would have to work with putting the battery system into the stock somehow, i will look into that more but i think this could be possible and the forgrip could be glued into place or locked into place instead of the normal manually pumping to fire it, i would also suggest putting a better spring into the raider, as the range on it seems to go way downhill when shooting fast with it? do you like the idea?

#116 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:36 PM

Wow, where do I start with this one? I mean....you broke half the rules in our Code of Conduct and completely failed to read the post directly above your own. I get that you're new, but this is ridiculous. Take another 3 months to figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users