Photo

Spare Time

What do you do with your spare time? Aside from Nerfing.

64 replies to this topic

#26 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

Let see...spare time....what's that?

Aside from working 60-70 hours a week (in the summer I work by daylight, so we have really long days), parenting my two kids, maintaining a home and vehicles, ministry and college studies (yep, still in school), do I have spare time besides sleeping 5 hours a night?

Why, yes, I do!

I spend my few hours of spare time suspending doofuses (doofi?) on NerfHaven, building fun things for my kids (potato guns, play structures for Nerfing, plywood boats, etc.), ocean kayaking, and our #1 family leisure time activity; fishing. My wife, both children, and myself are fishermen to the core.

Do we do good?

Posted Image

Yeah, pretty good. This is a small ulua (Giant Jack Trevally), about 20 lbs. They grow to 140 lbs. That's a lot of fish steaks.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#27 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

Holy crap Piney! That fish is huge. How long did it take you to reel it in?

Anyway, video editing my other main hobby besides nerf.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#28 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

Thats awesome Piney. Love the boat too, when I fly down to Florida, I fish in fresh water canals and catch some small fish. But I really like river fishing, theres just something about river fishing that just makes me happy. Oh and salt water fishing is fun but I don't that often because I don't live near salt water. I also enjoy playing guitar (not that good), guitar hero, video games, and playing Stick Arena with a hack pack.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#29 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

Snowboard, listen to music, sit on my ass, play xbox, hang out with friends, swim, annoy my sisters, watch tv, play rugby, basketball, mosh, go to concerts, etc...
Not in any order at all.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#30 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:25 PM

I like to write books. I just finished a 230 pager on fantasy. [Children's fantasy] Hanging out with my friends is good too, passing out free water with my church, [you should see their faces when we give them free stuff] doing sound, video, and random things at church. I like video games, preferably runescape, COD, and medal of honor. BTW I am Alexrane on runescape, a character from my book. I also like to sell stuff on ebay. To be honest what I've sold on ebay has pretty much only covered what my experiments cost. I also like to paint and mod nerf guns. It is almost as rewarding as shooting people with them.
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#31 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

For all those sailors out there, if you haven't been traking the Mackinac race, then here is the link. The website has a GPS tracking system, so you can keep track of every boat.

Tracking is under "Results" at the top of the page.

The Mackinac race starts in my hometown every year, but I mostly stay out of town that night to avoid traffic.

Lets see I wakeboard, kneeboard, intertube, swim, gymnastics, bike, kayak, and canoe.

Good man, I practice for 18 hours a week in that noble sport. Needless to say it takes up most of my time. Other than that I read Batman comics, collect battle-ready swords, and do some fencing.

Edited by Paloose, 17 July 2007 - 07:15 PM.

#32 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

For all those sailors out there, if you haven't been traking the Mackinac race, then here is the link. The website has a GPS tracking system, so you can keep track of every boat.

Tracking is under "Results" at the top of the page.

The Mackinac race starts in my hometown every year, but I mostly stay out of town that night to avoid traffic.

Really? Where do you live?

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#33 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

Port Huron, Michigan. About 5 minutes from Canada, so if there's a draft I'll see you suckers later.

Edited by Paloose, 17 July 2007 - 07:11 PM.

#34 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

Lets see I wakeboard, kneeboard, intertube, swim, gymnastics, bike, kayak, and canoe.

Good man, I practice for 18 hours a week in that noble sport. Needless to say it takes up most of my time. Other than that I read Batman comics and do some fencing.

So, what's so unique or whatever about gymnastics? I think it's kind of cool. Do you compete in any competions?

#35 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

Yup, level 10, but please the questions are getting excessive.

#36 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

Whoa! That was wierd. My computer was showing that you reposted about 10 times.

#37 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

Good man, I practice for 18 hours a week in that noble sport. Needless to say it takes up most of my time. Other than that I read Batman comics, collect battle-ready swords, and do some fencing.

Dude, that's awsome. It's really cool to see another gymnast on NH. Me, Hierarchy, and the other 4 of us thought we were the only Nerfer/gymnasts. Level 10 here too. Maybe we'll compete together at nationals someday.

#38 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

Whoa! That was wierd. My computer was showing that you reposted about 10 times.

It happens, man.

Dude, that's awsome. It's really cool to see another gymnast on NH. Me, Hierarchy, and the other 4 of us thought we were the only Nerfer/gymnasts. Level 10 here too. Maybe we'll compete together at nationals someday.

Mabey. Last season i missed nationals by about 2 points. Damn highbar, I only scored a 5.1.

#39 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

I play ice hockey, occasional paintball with my friend, fish when I can find a nice spot, rollerblade, listen to music, watch CSI, paint my guns, hang out with friends, play CS but I haven't played much recently due to the fact that I work, oh yeah I have a job, help my dad refinish our basement and I can't think of much more right now because I have my mind set on getting this mod write-up finished. B)

~McFlurry
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#40 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:12 PM

I'm Either Doing Digital Art, Playing My DS (Mainly The Pheonix Wright Series, Bomberman, New Super Mario Bros, and Pokemon Diamond-That's right, I'm the shit) , or Doing This: http://www.geocities.../bagscreatureco I'm still browsing for a Better Hosting Choice, one that can handle the full site, But I haven't succeed in that yet.

Yeah, I'm cool.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 17 July 2007 - 11:14 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#41 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

I mod everything. My house with home automation, my Toyota MR2 with an in-car PC and performance mods, all my computers, and of course all my nerf guns. I don't think anything I own stays stock for long!

Also, I work 50 hours a week but that's not exactly a hobby.

Mabey. Last season i missed nationals by about 2 points. Damn highbar, I only scored a 5.1.

My wife is/was elite, and won state and went to nationals in 2002. /brag

She coached until six months ago when she started working at the same engineering company I do. And she nerfs.
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#42 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:53 AM

Ya I'm a level 6. Man that is awsome to see more people in this sport. I practice 16 hours a week.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#43 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:28 AM

By day, I appear to be your average, 18 year old Australia male, rather skinny but very athletic, but by night, I transform to a crime fighting banana upside-down cake, traversing cities in a single flex of my gelatinous base.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#44 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

Pokemon Diamond

Are you serious! I just bought that last week, what gym are you on?

Also, would you happen to have Mario Kart? I'd be more than happy to challenge you, if you want *evil laughter*.

Oh, and those creatures are shweet too.

Edited by shadowkid33, 18 July 2007 - 12:11 PM.

how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#45 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

Pokemon Diamond

Are you serious! I just bought that last week, what gym are you on?

Oh, and those creatures are shweet too.

I've Beat All the Gyms, and the Elite four, Have all the In-game Legendaries (Not the three event ones or the two you get via Pokemon Ranger) And My whole party is Level 55 or higher.:
Posted Image
^I'm such a dork, but I'll Fuck You Up in a pokemon battle!

and I'm glad you like my sock creatures, a plush artist is always happy to get compliments.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 18 July 2007 - 12:43 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#46 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

I play ice hockey also. I am an inline golie, and a soccer golie. I am also a bass guitarist in a band my friends and I started. I am a big fan of Kirby air ride for gamecube also. I like making movies to. I am currently taking a movie camp this summer.

Well, That about covers it. :blush:

Edited by All Star, 19 July 2007 - 01:00 PM.

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#47 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:13 AM

I play with my tech decks when I'm just sitting infront of the computer doing nothing. But normally, I go out and hang with my friends and go bike around with my BMX bike, try jumping things and just messing around really.

Edited by nerfboi, 19 July 2007 - 12:14 AM.

We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#48 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:03 AM

Shit, bags. Not you too. Why are all of you addicted to Pokemon?

As for what I do in my spare time: make knives (just starting with some fixed blades, but I'll be doing a switchblade soon), practice shooting (.22s mostly, but I'll center-punch a target with anything I can get), play video games (Gears of War, Halo 2, Crackdown), write (poetry that would scare the shit out of you guys, mini-novels that I never get done because I'm always writing five at once), draw (manga-style), and continue working on my Nerf shotgun.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#49 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

Work. Eat. Sleep. Shit. Work some more.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#50 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

Shit, bags. Not you too. Why are all of you addicted to Pokemon?

As for what I do in my spare time: make knives (just starting with some fixed blades, but I'll be doing a switchblade soon),

Are you just using a steel blank and using stock removal to make the blades? Because if you are than I've found that using old worn-out files work wonders for the blade's blank. Since they already come with a tang you only need to peen it over the pommel, and grind edges and a point onto it. If you get one old enough you may not even need to heat treat it.

Edited by Paloose, 19 July 2007 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users