Well, now that I have been home for weeks, I should probably respond to this.
Attending Armageddon XV was the highlight of the time I have spent in the Nerf community. Everything up until that point has been mostly bullshit. Modding, building, collecting, the rockets... just kind of scratched the surface of what it really means to be part of this community. I've been friends with some of you folks for longer than any of the people I went to high school with. Hell, my best friend from high school was supposed to come, but bailed on us. I am really happy that I was able to meet so many of you in person. I hope that I'll be able to attend again in the future, but fuck driving, I'm flying next time. Ooooh, or the train? That would be pretty awesome.
Lowlights first, because I'm a fucking complainer:
- Forgot my darts at home.
- Stupid BullPump wouldn't shoot, and then broke.
- I wasn't counting on being so out of shape.
- Stupid ball valve kept blowing off of my hopper.
- Wife had too much homework to do and couldn't stay and play.
- SGRL worked better than I could have hoped for, even better than the Sceptor.
- Got to nerf with my kid!
- Kid learned I wasn't kidding when I told him that he was going to need something better than a stock Strongarm!
- Every round was full of fun (except Missile Crisis. Sorry Bags, it remains broken, though it is repairable.)
- After seven years in this hobby, I am no longer a NIC war virgin!
- Got to finally meet people I have considered friends for years. Too bad some others couldn’t make it.
- Only got hit by Thorn like five times! Seriously, there will be Viking battle hymns written about this kid.
- Made new friends and aquaintances!
- Passed the entrance exam for Seattle wars!
- Viewed, in person, the majesty of a wild Spoon.
So in closing, thank you. Thanks to Ice9 for heading up this year’s Armageddon. Thank you Langley, Zorn, and JLego for flying in to help out. Thank you Bags and Apollo for disseminating your aged wisdom to this ever-rotating group. Thank you everyone, for being a part of one of the most fun days I have ever had. I am looking forward to more!