Wall War

Washington Long Lake War

71 replies to this topic

#26 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

Sorry to double post, but I have dates up now. Some might change around a bit. And, if you guys prefer a day during the week, that's fine as long as it works for us.
So go ahead and figure out some dates that work for you guys and post 'em here.
Hopefully we can work something out that includes everyone.

#27 newby

newby

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:44 PM

Ok, heres the deal: I cannot make it between June 20 and July 20. I will be on vacation. If this war happens after July 20, I think I can bring 3+ people with me. If It happens while I'm gone, that's life. I'll just try to make it next year (if you decide to host it again).

I would really like to come, but I understand if you can't have the war after July 20.

PS. loser loser loser. Had to test the filter.

Edited by newby, 21 May 2007 - 10:47 PM.

John 3:16:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

#28 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:10 PM

Well, the other host, Hierarchy, will most likely be gone late July. I will try to find exactly when he will be gone and when he returns. Also, if we can work out a date that works for you, would you be 100% sure you can go?
A date before June 20th might be possible, we just preferred a date after school was out. Again, I will try and find something that works for everyone. We would like to see you guys in attendance, we just need to pinpoint a day that will weave through everyone's schedules.

#29 newby

newby

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:56 PM

Thank you for your flexibility Retiate, I will get back to you ASAP with more precise dates when I can be 100% sure that I will be there.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

#30 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

Ok, so after July 20th is not going to work. If it works for everyone, and the place is dry enough by then, we can have it before June 20. It looks like June 16 might be the best date if everyone can make it. I'll have to see if everyone from my group can make the 16th.
So, does the 16th of June work for everyone?

#31 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Two factors for me right now:
1 That is my sister's Birthday.
2 It all depends on if I can get a ride.

Edited by Dayko, 23 May 2007 - 09:41 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#32 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

One problem I found on June 16th. Rediate and I both have a little kid gym meet to coach. We might be able to get out of it though. Otherwise that date is perfect. I will post soon when I find out what date we might need to change it to. We might not have to change the date though.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#33 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

One problem I found on June 16th. Rediate and I both have a little kid gym meet to coach.

Are you kidding me...

Two factors for me right now:
1 That is my sister's Birthday.
2 It all depends on if I can get a ride.

I don't think moving it back another week would be possible. That would make it in like 2 weeks. I don't think that would work too well...

Edit: Would the 17th work? That's a Sunday, and I know they aren't really preferred... But would that work for you guys?

Edited by Retiate, 23 May 2007 - 11:55 PM.

#34 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:34 PM

Whew I asked my gym coach and he said that my group didn't have to go to the little kid meet. So unless one of the people from my group is'nt O.K. with June 16th then that will be the date. We might have it on the 17th though.

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#35 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

Whew I asked my gym coach and he said that my group didn't have to go to the little kid meet. So unless one of the people from my group is'nt O.K. with June 16th then that will be the date. We might have it on the 17th though.

Yeah, the 16th is lookin' pretty solid. I don't think the 17th will work since there will be school the next day (for most of us) and Sundays just don't work as well as Saturdays do.

#36 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

One minor problem with the war is that one of the trails is about 2 inches deep in mud and water, also it is somewhat overgrown with weeds. I will be weeding alot though. But by the time of the war the trail might have dried up a little. So just in case you want to go on the trail durring the war I sugest that everyone brings boots (or at least not your good shoes), and a spair change of socks.

My TTG mod.

#37 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

So, another update.
June 16th - Finalized date. Unless something totally rediculous happens, it'll work.
Our coaching thing got cancelled anyway, so that's not a problem.
Post if you can come.

The time will be from 11:00 am to 5:00-6:00 pm.

We're working on an idea to have one war on June 16th, then another some time in August. A second war in August should work, even if someone from our group can't make it, since they will have already gone to the one in June (most likely).

So, probably Hierarchy will post the address you need to go to (I don't know it, he does) and we'll have our war.

Sound good everyone?

#38 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

O.K. hopefully the war will be on the 16th. I think that the gym picinc is on that day though. But if it isn't then the war will definetly be on the 16th. If anyone can come then P.M. me that you can come and I will give you my adress.

My TTG mod.

#39 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:16 PM

Im looking forward to this. My first REAL nerf war.

#40 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

I am so sorry but I think we have to cancel the war untill August. See we have a gym picnic and we can't miss it on the 16th. But if the war is on the 17th it should work but we don't know for sure. So if the 17th dosn't work for everyone then we will have the war in August. Once again I am so sorry but my gym always tells us things that we need to go to with almost no notification.

My TTG mod.

#41 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:50 PM

You sure it's on the 16th? I was told the date was being played with and hasn't been set yet.
Move the picnic to the next weekend...
Yeah, let's try and change the date of that picnic thing...

The war will not be cancelled. If the picnic must be on the 16th, the war will be on the following weekend.
I know this means Newby and his friends won't be able to make it, but there will be one in August, so they will be able to attend that one, hopefully.

So, just in case they, for same lame reason, must put the picnic on the date of our war, will the following weekend (June 23) work?
Also, see if the 17th of June works (it's a Sunday) for everyone.

If the war has to be moved, I'll see which of the 2 dates (17th and 23rd) work best.

Again, I will try to move the date of the picnic. I'm sure they'll be fairly flexible about it, so I think I can schedule it to a different weekend.

#42 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

Good news Retiate will try to convince his mom to move the gym picnic date. So keep your fingers crossed and mabey we will still have the war on the 16th. Sorry again about all of the confusion.

My TTG mod.

#43 newby

newby

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:10 AM

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't responded lately, I've been busy. Anyway, there is an extremely slim chance that I can make it on the 16. The 17 would probably actually be better, but don't change it on my account. The problem is that I (and some of my buddies) may have football camp that weekend. I'll have to ask my coach to make sure because the school sent out 2 different versions of the same schedule... but I digress.

Point is, I might just be able to make it on the 16th with a few friends, however, I definitely can't make it on the 23. There is no question that me (and my buddies) will be at fball camp in eastern Washington. So, I'll hope the schedule doesn't change too much. Good luck with the planning, keep me posted, have a nice week, etc.

-NEWB

#44 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:44 PM

The 16th works, we changed the date of the picnic.
I don't think I have any problems with the 17th. The only reason I didn't really promote it was because it was a Sunday and there was school the next day (at least, for most of us there is). So that might be a problem for people.
So if the 16th doesn't work for you, how's the 17th sound for everyone?
I'll have to see if it works with our group too.

#45 newby

newby

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

Good news! (for me at least): there is no fball camp over the weekend. In addition, we get out on the 14th, so most of the kids at my school are pretty much free that weekend. I think I will be able to bring a van load of people with me (about 5-7 all together) as long as the war is sometime that weekend. I suppose I can't promise that many will come, but there are a bunch of people interested.

As for weapons, I'm a little concerned. Most of my friends are pretty bad at modding. In fact, some do not even own Nerf guns. I have about 15 myself, but a few of them suck, and others aren't modded yet. How many spare guns do you guys have?

Also, how is the terrain? Is it like a clearing with a few places for cover, or is it totally wooded?

Lastly (sorry about all these questions) I was wondering which guns will and will not be allowed. Maybe the best way to handle that is to just bring all the guns and then play it by ear once at the park. Your thoughts?

-NEWB

#46 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

O.K. about all of your questions we have exta guns and we will be willing to share guns to make teams more fair but try to bring your own darts. Alsothe terrain is alot fo trails that are about from 7ft to 15ft wide. The ground does have some roots pokeing up so wach your step. At the sides of the trails the trees aren't that dence. At the main base (fairy-land park don't worry we didn't name it) there is a large clearing with three trails connected to it. As for the banned guns obviously a singled titan (it's o.k. if it is shotgunned at least to 4 darts or if it is still shooting missles), and some homemade guns that are insane. I sugest that you bring all of your guns and we will tell you if wee will allow them. As for the date it is now going to be on the 16th. But if any huge problems occur then it will be on the 17th.

My TTG mod.

#47 newby

newby

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:09 AM

I will try to have my pals over for a dart making session. How many do you think each person will need? About 300?

The area sounds ideal, and I'm glad you guys have a few spare guns for my friends.

Are guns like the maxshot, blast bazooka, and xbow allowed? Or are we going to play wimp style?

#48 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:18 AM

Good news! (for me at least): there is no fball camp over the weekend. In addition, we get out on the 14th, so most of the kids at my school are pretty much free that weekend. I think I will be able to bring a van load of people with me (about 5-7 all together) as long as the war is sometime that weekend. I suppose I can't promise that many will come, but there are a bunch of people interested.

So the 16th works?
Well, then the 16th of June will be the official date. It seems like it works for everyone.
5-7 people? Awsome. The more people, the better.

As for weapons, I'm a little concerned. Most of my friends are pretty bad at modding. In fact, some do not even own Nerf guns. I have about 15 myself, but a few of them suck, and others aren't modded yet. How many spare guns do you guys have?

I'm not too sure. Depends on if I can get PETG soon enough to mod my guns. If I do get the PETG in time, I have like 5 guns that would work real well in a war (2 AT2K's, a Blastfire, 2 SM1.5K's). If I can't get the PETG, we have some less used guns that could be used also. Like, we have a clip modded Firefly, 2 DTG's, a CPVC modded RF20, possibly a couple Longshots. Might be others I just forgot we had. Then we have smaller guns like Mavericks and Nitefinders.

We have 2 guns that have been real heavily modified. One is my primary, a Magstrike. It's got all the mods Forsaken_Angel24 came up with on his Magstrike mod. The other is a Rattler. I did Frost Vectron's Rattler mod to it, so it's got some heavy mods done to it.
I'm a fan of having good RoF on guns. Single shot guns are great for taking out one person. But after that, there's not much you can do until you reload. My primary used to be the Pump Shotgun Angel modded, but I switched over to the Magstrike since the Pump Shotgun started having problems. Now I love the Magstrike and I think I'm going to stick with it for a while.

Also, how is the terrain? Is it like a clearing with a few places for cover, or is it totally wooded?

The terrain is multiple paths cut out in a heavily wooded area (aside from a few places, trying to go off the path a ways would be real difficult). There are some clearings with trees for cover and lots of the trails have trees and spots you could take cover in. I'll get get my photobucket account up here so you guys can see the pictures we took.

Lastly (sorry about all these questions) I was wondering which guns will and will not be allowed. Maybe the best way to handle that is to just bring all the guns and then play it by ear once at the park. Your thoughts?

On the main page, I listed some rules on guns. The real powerful guns (like Titans or real high powered Super Soaker conversions) are banned, unless they are shotgunned (firing at least 3 darts) or they shoot stock darts.

The main rule is the range cap will be set at about 150'. I highly doubt any gun shooting that range will be necessary since most of the action will be more close up. Though longer ranged guns will still be useful for several situations, such as base defending, covering people, or just taking out unexpecting people wandering on the trails.

Homemades will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. Anything that is extremely over powered will most likely not be allowed. We have one homemade - a blowgun that uses stock darts (basically just a length of PVC).

We mostly just want to keep down to a safe level. If a gun is drawing blood on it's victims, we might want to discontinue using it as it won't be much fun for people on the recieving end and we don't want people getting injured.

Edit: I don't really know how many darts you guys will need, it really depends on your playing style. I personally will probably have around 200 darts for the day, that should be more than enough for me. If you use something that doesn't shoot a whole lot, like a Crossbow, Big Blast, or singled BBB, you might be fine with a little less. But if you like using full auto RF20s, PCs, or Magstrikes, bring more. I'll probably shoot off somewhere around 15 shots a game.
I'm sure 300 darts will be plenty, but once again, it depends on how you play.

A thing to keep in mind is that we play 1 hit outs. People are more valuable and since it takes less shots to eliminate another player, ammo is saved. We will most likely play some CTF rounds, where lives are unlimited, you just have respawn time, so much more ammo will probably be used during those rounds.

Edit again: Didn't see that last section of your post.
The range cap will be about 150'. Now we won't roll out a huge tape measure and form a big line to make you all range test your guns.
The Maxshot and Crossbow are for sure allowed, unless you somehow pumped them to extreme ranges. I have no idea how far your Big Blast goes. There was some thread a while ago that showed a video of it shooting over 300' angled. So yeah, just be aware of the range limit. As long as it doesn't cause injuries (not injuries like a welt or "Ow, that hurt" but injuries like it breaks the skin of the target and there's blood dripping down from the spot the dart hit).

Oh yeah, when I say 150' range cap, I'm talking 150' flat. Just incase that might've confused anyone.

One last thing: BRING EYE PROTECTION
We might have like 2 or 3 little Dart Tag eye protection things if someone forgets, but we don't have much. Maybe 4 or 5 things that will protect your eyes. Eye protection is required.

Edited by Retiate, 07 June 2007 - 12:41 AM.

#49 newby

newby

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:36 AM

Excellent! I will be overjoyed to report all of this to my friends.

For RETIATE: On a completely off topic note, you can remove that white tube thing that restrict the bladder in the magstrike and dremel down the screw areas for even more inflation of the bladder. Also, you can cut off the back end of the bladder restricting shell in order to keep pressures from becoming too hight. This also lets the bladder inflate more. The main downside to this would be if the bladder popped... but It's rated to 500psi, so there shouldn't be any real worry of that. I've gotten my magstrike up to 70 pumps. Unfortunately, I over-banded the bladder and blew my check valve in the pump, so maybe inflation over 60 pumps is a bad plan with this set up. I have to find a decent bike pump that wont blow now. Anyway, those are my findings.

-NEWB

#50 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, the area where the bladder is had been sanded down and covered in E-tape and FBR to keep the bladder from tearing over time. On the end of the bladder, I have the stock piece and I just filled the space where the over pressure release valve was with glue. It's held up just fine. I go up to about 80 pumps. Though those are fast and aren't usually full stroke. I'd say maybe 60-70 full stroke pumps.

Edit: Photobucket account
Username: Retiate
Guest Password: wallwar

Then just look under the WALL War sub category. Or you can be sneaky and look around at the rest of my pictures... Maybe get some pictures of my upcoming NF write up... :D

Edited by Retiate, 07 June 2007 - 12:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users