Mn Spring Break Nerf War

Let's do it!

102 replies to this topic

#51 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:59 PM

I can't remember anytime that the majority of us have even congregated since summer (with the exception of your birthday party)

I am on the offical list, and will only be taken off of it if I have like three essays that weekend or something evil like that.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#52 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

Bumping this up to make another statement.

I was out skating yesterday and I came across a decent place for a war. Anybody heard of Langford Park? Smack dab next to the U of M St. Paul campus, between the State Fairgrounds and Highway 280. Unfortunately I don't have a map or drawing to post, but Mapquest will probably lead you there. If interested enough, go ahead and take a look.

The park has a couple of skating rinks and a rather large warming house. Perhaps other things go on there in summer. I also noticed a baseball field, and a playground. But the kicker that got me was field on the north side of the park, with some trees and several benches (good cover for a war). I looked around for a bit and got the general idea, but I might look further into it later. Just thought I'd throw that out there if it's more convenient to host there, or have a future war there.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#53 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:10 PM

Well, unless you can get directions or an address, there's no hope. Judging by your enthusiasm though, I'd say it's at least worth looking into. Any way you could get pictures up or something?

Also, if it's close enough for you to skate to, we could probably caravan there after lunch or something.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#54 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

I think he meant Ice skating. Unless he's got massive off-road inline skates that can skate in a foot of snow.
Anyway, yeah, I also discovered that park, Its kinda by Midway Stadium right? I've got a four day weekend this week so I'll try to get out and get some pictures. It's probably 5-10 minutes away from our meeting place, so we can always drive over.

Edited by sam, 26 February 2007 - 08:11 PM.

#55 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:57 PM

Messiah, what do you mean by "noob squad"? Are they just fresh meat, or are you in need of weapons? If it is the latter, I am sure we could easily provide.

Me and my noob squad means we've never faced anyone other than ourselves, except when we have a surplus of sucker darts, then we shoot cars as they pass by.

anyway, our chances of joining have just been demoted from maybe to slim, as my homelife just was devastated(long story.) :P :( :cry:

all we need now is a VERY LOT of darts. we have the guns, i suppose, as we've 2-3 LS, 2 NF, 2 Scout(i think), 2 FireFlies, 1 hornet, 2 titans, 1 bbb, 2-4 mavericks, and i think thats it. most are stock or lightly modified.

does anyone have any 1/2 inch backing foam for sale, pm me if you take cash.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#56 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

You can get FBR at pretty much any hardware store. Also if you plan on coming I'd mod your guns a bit more, or it might be harder to keep up with us.

#57 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:55 PM

I think he meant Ice skating. Unless he's got massive off-road inline skates that can skate in a foot of snow.
Anyway, yeah, I also discovered that park, Its kinda by Midway Stadium right? I've got a four day weekend this week so I'll try to get out and get some pictures. It's probably 5-10 minutes away from our meeting place, so we can always drive over.

Indeed I was ice skating. The park is within 15 minutes walking distance for me.

St. Paul City Map

Sorry, I could only find a .pdf map of the area. Check out the first colorful map of St. Paul. Langford Park is in the northwest ward, Ward 4. It is colored red. You will see upon zooming in that it is in the St. Anthony Park area of the city. Langford, itself, is relatively close to the intersection of Raymond Avenue and Energy Park Drive. This intersection is south of Como Avenue, if that clears anything up.

Sam, that would be dominant if you could snap some pictures. I have no digital camera with me at school, or I would have done so myself.

Hopefully that gives most of you a general sense of where this place is.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#58 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:23 PM

Also if you plan on coming I'd mod your guns a bit more, or it might be harder to keep up with us.

the LS's both have the restrictor mod, and mine has 2-3 springs in place of the stock one, plus extended mag.

anyway, i just want to bring the boys out to their first nerf war, just for kicks, nothing serious.

did someone post earlier that they may lend us weapons? that would be groovy, in the event we can't keep up. ;)
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#59 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

LOTR -- It certainly is close enough Now we have three locations to nerf. I still say we meet at the 9 (Juniper Lane) and once everybody shows up, go from there.

Also, maybe somebody should make a sign for Juniper Lane since I missed it the first time around...

Messiah -- If you really can't find any then I'd be happy to ship you some. I do take paypal. But I'd rec'd looking around first so you don't have to pay shipping. As for your guns, you don't have to modify them but it's not a bad idea.

If it's the difference between you showing up or sitting out, I'd be happy to make you some darts/send FBR and I'm sure other people would to. Also, if it helps, Foam Backer Rod is also called Poly Foam Caulk Saver.

'Cause anybody who tried to buy brass piping... I mean, tubing, knows how picky hardware store people are about word choice.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#60 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:38 PM

did someone post earlier that they may lend us weapons? that would be groovy, in the event we can't keep up. ;)

That was me, and I could definatly lend you some guns for the day. I think that FH might do the same. Our combined arsenal is rather large.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#61 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:04 PM

I am sorry for the double post, but I found this one to be REALLY pertinent.
St. Paul approves ban on real-looking replica guns

So go out and get a can of blaze orange spray paint or something.
And ABSOLUTELY NO solid or almost solid black guns.

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 28 February 2007 - 09:09 PM.

Got Nerd?

#62 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:18 AM

Hmmm... I guess I better not be packin heat anymore.

I guess for any milsim guys with fancy paintjobs coming to the war, this means heads up. Fortunately all of my guns have stock paintjobs. If you don't feel like painting your guns just for the war, I suggest using some sort of painting tape. You know, when you paint a house, you put it over surfaces the you don't want painted. It won't leave a residue on your guns as duct tape or hockey tape would.

Interesting find there; makes enough sense for the double-post. That sucks for airsofters. I think we'll still be ok as long as our Nerf guns stay Nerf-like. If the fuzz comes, we'll simply have to demonstrate the guns for them and make it clear that we're not out to endanger anyone. They can't bring us in for playing a game with plastic foam blasters. If any 18+ nerfers, if there are any other than myself able to make it, we can act as "supervisors" or something like that if it makes things sound better.

#63 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

That's why rule number two is gun restrictions. I recommend getting some orange e-tape or something of the like if you don't want to repaint your guns.
V

#64 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

Sorry for the double post, but...

ONE MONTH!!!

Check your guns, check your darts, and, most importantly, check to make sure you can still come!

I'd like to get more people from the probable list to the definite list. I will probably PM everyone on the probable list. Those of you who know other people or are bringing clan members, please see what you can do about finalizing their schedules.

LOTR, I'll finalize ride plans within a week to see if we can hold any of your clan members.

*excited...* Let's make sure this works, folks. XD
V

#65 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:13 PM

OK, so since the last war the area has been under going some construction, so they closed down the little lane that you'd turn on to from Montreal Ave. So just park across the street at the Circus Juventas Parking lot, just right across the street, and walk over to the area we were at for SPANO. It shouldn't interfere with any game play and if it does we can always move. Anything else we need to finalize or anything?

#66 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

Juniper Lane is closed, so where do we park?

Circus... Juv... what? Map, please. :D
(I can't find it on the one I have posted on the front page).
V

#67 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

Instead of Turing onto Antonio drive, turn the other way into the parking lot. In the little map thingy it looks small, but it's actually a pretty big parking lot. In real life, not on the map, there is a sign that says circus juventas right near the big parking lot. The lane is closed as of now, but it maybe open by the time the 14th.

#68 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:28 PM

Oh, okay. Well, keep us updated.

I vote we meet in the parking lot and walk over together so there isn't mass confusion. Anyone else?

Map updated (in about three minutes...)
V

#69 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:26 PM

Nevermind.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 27 March 2007 - 06:46 PM.

V

#70 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

Haha, we keep moving it back, we might as well set it to be in June and save the trouble.
I think I would be down with it being a week later. I think that might be the Saturday before tech week (sorta like hell week in Navy Seal training) but I might be mistaken and that might be a week after that... whatever, I'm off to play practice now I guess. (musical theater has consumed my soul and all my free time)

Got Nerd?

#71 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

*Shrug* Well, whatever works for you guys. I think Sam still wants to host another war in August or so, which I'm totally cool with. Though I think we should try and keep this one as soon as possible while still maximizing attendance.
V

#72 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

I couldn't do the 21 for sure, but the 14th isn't the best date either, I'll be just getting back form a trip and only have a week to prep all my guns and darts from scratch. May be the 28 or the 5th would work, but Prom might be one of those weekends. You guys can all ways have a war without me too. There will always be SPANO/NO SPAM, which will hopefully be in July this year.

Edited by sam, 27 March 2007 - 06:12 PM.

#73 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

Well, attendance is low enough as is, we don't want to lose you, Sam; not to mention the more we'd lose because of the date change (missed the memo, etc. etc...). And like I said, I don't want to push it back too far.

So, still on the 14th. Most of my clan will be looking forward to a NO SPAM then. Regardless, this continues to work.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 27 March 2007 - 10:05 PM.

V

#74 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

My two cents are as follows.

I still have yet to accomplish commitments from my people. If we push it back as far as the first week of May, that would be bad for us. Finals week follows that, and that's when it gets to be crunchtime. The latest my potential crew and I could fit it is the 28th. If we are up to changing dates, that's something to put into consideration. Anything later than May 8th though will not work for me; I'll be back in Duluth then.

#75 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:05 PM

Noted. It's staying on the 14th.
V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users