• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen of the state of Minnesota:

We haven't congregated in quite some time.[/intro]
- - -
Saturday, the 14th of April
10:00 AM-6:00 PM, or whenever we feel like, maybe an after party. XD
Meet at the Highland 9 Disc Golf Course.
Posted Image
Type in "Juniper Ln, St. Paul, MN 55116" to
http://maps.google.com
http://www.mapquest.com
for directions.

Rules and reminders:
- Eye protection required, no exceptions.
- Gun restrictions will be decided on a case-by-case basis pending power (pain) and realistic appearance (police). If you aren't sure if it'll get banned, A) post it, B ) don't bring it, or C) bring a backup.
- We'll have a lunch break around 12 or 1; whenever people feel like it. Bring food or moolah for the close-by fast-food restaurants.
- Use common sense.

Please state whether you are coming officially or potentially. And in the words of Ryan, "if you say you're coming officially, you'd better f**king come."
Official:
- Myself and LOTR + 3
- Sam + Peeps
- Jeff + Peeps (not yet on the forums)
- Janga, if Carrtoon goes (ride)

Potential:
- zxnam
- EbolaMuteOne
- Themessiahpsg1 + Peeps (potential but improbable)

This first post will be constantly edited with relevant information, so check it often.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 08 April 2007 - 10:16 AM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#2 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

I am interested in this, provided other IL guys are going and I am not going out of town and that my break is during that time.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#3 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

I'm fo' sho' interested. The closer to the cities the better. Also later in the break the better. I think I'm going to tahoe earlier in the break. I could probably get some people to attend this time as well.
As far as dates, during the week thursday the 5th sounds decent, or that next saturday, the 7th.

Edited by sam, 07 January 2007 - 10:20 PM.

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

There is a slight possibility that I could come.

If the turn out is good, and it is an all-day affair, I will strongly consider.

#5 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

I'm intrested, but I'm not sure if i could make it. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If it will be a full day event like Ryan said, I'll do my best to get there.
BROOD XIII

#6 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:58 PM

WOAHLY HOLY SHMOKES!
FH please consult me before offering up my stuff from now on please.
My family usually goes someplace during spring break, this year is a little confusing and we havent decided where or if.

I most certainly want to, but we will see.
Give me a couple of weeks.
We'll get pics of my Uncle's place up ASAP.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:16 PM

Note the word "tenative."

Remember Minnesota is a big state. We can always find elsewhere.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#8 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:32 PM

I would be interested in attending on a few necessary details:

A.) I am at school, without a car. Someplace where the Metro-Transit routes run (and not ridiculous distances) would be essential for my attendence.

B.) Being a full-time student, weekend dates would be the most acceptable and promising for me to make it. Apparently the U of M's break and your break are totally different, so I'll be at school at the time.

C.) Any deterrants will be posted further on in the thread.

Hopefully this will finally work out for me. I look forward to seeing where this leads.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#9 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:07 PM

Somone should get in touch with Janga and see if he can get in touch with Carrtoon.

#10 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:26 PM

Okay, so we are still looking for a location. I've e-mailed a few park districts about rules and regulations, waiting for a response. Otherwise I can't think of anything else around where I live.

So, if you have a place near you that you know for sure would work, please say so. Sam, do you think the Highland-9 area would work again?

Remember, just because you suggest it doesn't mean it's definitely going to be there.

- - -

As for dates, I agree that it should be a weekend because not everybody has spring break on the same day. Here's what I suggest:
March:
24/25
31/April 1

April:
7/8
14/15

Post what works best for you and what doesn't work at all. ASAP, please... let's get this planned.

Let's make it one all-day event. I can't stay late on a Saturday because of work, so let's start early. Who wants to be there at 8? XD Because if I can bribe my coworker into the early shift then I have to be home by 4:25 at the latest, shower included.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 09 January 2007 - 05:20 PM.

V

#11 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:49 PM

Should we all just edit our own posts and by doing so keep this thread shorter?

OK SO ASSUMING that I could come, I think that where we should have it should depend on the number of people we have coming. The NO SPAM location was really fun, but I can't see it handling more than 12-14 people.
My location is sorta outta the way for Sam and LOTR, but would be better suited for a larger group.
We seem to have a considerable number of people with itchy trigger fingers around the Twin Cities. (understandable due to it being the school year and all)

We should also take into consideration what kinda terrain people want to be playing on. Do you want playground/jungle gym type thing, or wooded area, or wide open, or more of an urban setting (lots of walls and cement and such...)

we also need to consider the weather. The weather this year has been really funky, so we should set up fallback plans jus incase. I for one don't want to play in cold mud.

Sam: I want to see/hear from Carrtoon too. Where is he at ? (what collage) anyone know?

LOTR: do you have friends who might/would want to come? We could/should set you up with someone for a carpool, but numbers might be an issue (only so many people can fit in a car). When I read "C.) Any deterrants will be posted further on in the thread." I saw "C.) Any deoderants will be ..." :angry:

AND OF VERY UTMOST IMPORTANT-ness: everyone who is coming, bring tools and glue and ducttape. As we learned from Carrtoon, guns breakdown... bring spares and stuff to fix them with.

Okay folks, lets make this happen!

Let's make it one all-day event. Sundays work best for me because I have work Saturday nights. 10-5 with a lunch break, anyone?

I don't think an all-day Sunday war is going to work for alot of people. There's church.
I vote Saturday.

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 08 January 2007 - 11:52 PM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#12 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:57 PM

Update for me:

Any weekend but March 17th & 18th should work well for me.

I may be able to get a couple of people to come with. At most I could bring 8, but that's highly unlikely. If I brought anyone, it was be around 2-4 people.

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 09 January 2007 - 12:00 AM.

And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#13 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

Here's what probably works for me, assuming I'm not gone all break on vacation:
Dates: April 8-9, maybe the 14/15 or april or the 17/18 or March, Saurdays work better than Sundays, but I could always come late on a sunday.
People:Here's what a possible attedance could look like:
Sam 1-4 others, maybe more I won't know until a lot closer to the date
Hilt, elf etc. 1-4 others
LOTR 2-4 others
Janga and Carrtoon 2 others
Location: The highland 9 could work. That area is a lot bigger than it looked and we could always spill to the other side of the street. That playground could handle no more than 14 people probably. There is all sorts of little areas all over teh cities I'll scout some more areas to see if I can find any other good places.

I believe Carrtoon is at Winona State, same college as Janga.

Edited by sam, 09 January 2007 - 11:09 PM.

#14 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

Sam, if you find good options for locations remember to take pictures.

Got Nerd?

#15 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

The Illinois crew (Ryan, death wolf, others?)

Sorry, we most likely won't be going. Too far, so we decided to host our own war. Maybe we will see you guys at Farmageddon this summer.

#16 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

Okay, so it looks like 7-8 or 14-15 of April works best for everyone. I'll leave 'till this weekend for objections before making the war be on...

Saturday, the 7th of April, from 9-4.

We still need a location, and once we have that, I'll edit the first post with final information, rules, etc.

EDIT: August, April... same thing...

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 09 January 2007 - 05:26 PM.

V

#17 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

Whoa 9!? I won't be there any eariler than 10, and my people probably won't be there before10 either. I'd be willing to play longer than 5 though.
As far as location goes, I think we should just plan on the Highland 9 area, we can always move like we did at NO SPAM.

#18 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:16 PM

Sam is right, all we need to do is have a location to meet up at. After that...

Why are we cutting off at 5?

Got Nerd?

#19 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Alright, Highland 9 then.

I moved it back to 9 because NS has to leave early; everybody else can stay longer if they want. I guess since nobody's going to be there at 9 might as well move it back to 10.

Remember I have to be at my house to get ready for work by 4:25... ~1 hr. to get back, so NS will be gone by 3:30. That's the reason for the early cutoff.

So:
Saturday, the 7th of April
10:00 AM-3:30 PM (stay later if you like)
Meet at the Highland 9 Disc Golf Course

Everyone has until Saturday when I wake up to object.
V

#20 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:26 PM

Remember I have to be at my house to get ready for work by 4:25... ~1 hr. to get back, so NS will be gone by 3:30. That's the reason for the early cutoff.

Sorry FH, I thought you didn't work Fridays or Saturdays...

Got Nerd?

#21 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:56 PM

Couldn't you take that day off since you know about it so far in advance?
You should post directions and stuff.
Here's a little map of the area we will be playing/meeting at:
Posted Image
The bigger circled area is where we will be playing most of the time. The smaller circled area is a possibility.
There is currently some construction in the area (it'll be done by the war) so some stuff may have changed. The area still should be usable but I'll check it out later today.

Edited by sam, 10 January 2007 - 05:07 PM.

#22 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

Sure, I'll try. No guarantees though. My boss is leaving for the edge of the world and needs extra workers... but I'll try.

That one Saturday I got off was for Christmas Break, Elf.
V

#23 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

Hey, does anybody feel like e-mailing the guys on the Frappr map about this? I'd do it, but... well, long story short, finals are soon. I guess I'll get around to it eventually if nobody else does. But otherwise, attendance is looking pretty slim as of now.
V

#24 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

*bump*

I realize this is a triple post but I don't want attendance to fail because the thread went unnoticed. Apologies if the reason is sophistry.
V

#25 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:39 AM

March 3rd through March 11th is me and Carrtoon's spring break here at www.winona.edu Winona State University in southeast Minnesota.

I'm sure we'll both try to make it, I'll find out what his and my spring break plans are and try to get back to you guys soon as possible.
"The 'dance goes on..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users