Let's do it!

102 replies to this topic

#76 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

Sounds good. Hopefully I'll have to time to throw some of my new blasters together to kick some asses. Has anyone heard from Janga/Carrtoon since the date switch?

#77 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

Yea, I'm working on something too, hopefully I can finish it over spring break.

I PM'd Janga at the one month, and he said he'd be going if Carrtoon was going, as Carrtoon was his ride. So nothing definite, but at least it's on his mind.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#78 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

I PM'd Janga at the one month, and he said he'd be going if Carrtoon was going, as Carrtoon was his ride. So nothing definite, but at least it's on his mind.

Cartoon and I have been talking about it, he seems interested, and if can get a car he'll bring us. I already took work off a month ago. If Cartoon can't get a car, I'll try to force my girlfriend to take me. In other words, yes I'll be bringing duct tape to the war. ^_^
"The 'dance goes on..."

#79 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

XD Awesome. Can't wait to hear your sense of humor in person again.

8 days, folks! ...back to dart making for me. 3 bags of 20' each, average dart length just over 1"... anybody want to figure out how many darts I'll've made before bed today? I'm too lazy. And yes, you have to be really lazy to not do 3x20'x12."

Back to relations with my glue gun...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#80 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:35 PM

Alright! Interest seems to be bubbling back up in this war. It should be very interesting.

I'm in with myself and another person definitely, and I've got about 4-5 prospective nerfers lined up. Depending on the ride situation and their schedules, I may be able to get all of them to come.

Now I'm taking advantage of my weekend home to hit the stefan-press. I'm providing all of the darts, and most of the guns for my crew. It'll be an undertaking, but I think I'm up to it. I look forward to meeting all of you.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#81 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

Awesome glad to see everything is going well. Well I've got to mod all of my guns with my new PETG and make 50' of red foam into darts by saturday, and I've got a busy ass week ahead of me. Good thing I've stopped doing homework!

Edited by sam, 07 April 2007 - 09:52 AM.

#82 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:05 PM

I'm pretty much good to go, I now have 7-800 darts and I'm the only one coming from NS so should be good there... ride is worked out with LOTR. Just have to do another mom check and it should all be good.

Temps 30-40 and 30% chance of precipitation so dress warm and boots aren't a bad idea. I'll be there if it rains, but it won't.
V

#83 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:11 PM

Good thing you got lots of darts, I may need to borrow a few, if thats cool with you. So only you? no elf, or that really fast kid, or others?
What time is everyone getting there? I'll be there by 11ish.

Edited by sam, 09 April 2007 - 06:14 PM.

#84 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

No, every-frickin'-body I would have brought (except for myself) is taking the ACT. I do put my gas money to use in filling my car with LOTR and his folks, though. Sure you can borrow my darts, but remember mine are slightly larger than the average persons'....

I'm picking up LOTR in time to be there by 10, when it -officially- starts, but if everybody else is going to be there at 11 I/we might hold back a little.
V

#85 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

OK cool, so I'll just make a quick 9/16" brass barrel for my SS2 and mod a NF with some 9/16" and I'll be set. I wouldn't normally mooch darts, but I just started to switch all my blasters over to PETG and red foam, and don't have a tons of time to make a bunch of darts, and mod/re-mod over half of my blasters. Thanks. Looks like I'll have one or two people come with me, maybe more If my brother decides to show up.

#86 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

Haha. I love it.

"Can I borrow some darts?"

"Sure!"

"Okay, just let me switch all my barrels now..."

XD Whatever works for you, I guess. Amidst those properly sized are some too small and some too large, but most a pretty darn perfect. Yea, try and bring a few more than you did last time, and try and have them stay for more than a few hours...

This war is actually going to be smaller than I thought it was. I was going to bring ~5, LOTR ~5, I expected Sam to bring ~5, and somebody e-mailed me who was going to bring ~5. Now it's me+LOTR=5, Sam~3, and just the guy (his name is... uh.. Tim? He has dual SFs). And hopefully Janga.

But you know, we're going to have some flipping fun anyways. Especially if it rains.

EDIT: LOTR, you still wanna get there right at 10?

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 11 April 2007 - 10:26 PM.

V

#87 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:56 AM

FH, you've been PMed. I think an arrival time of 10 is achievable, but if you desire to show up later than that, I'm sure we won't have any qualms about that. Whenever everyone else gets there I guess...

My forecast says that it will reach a high of 51 degrees and it will be sunny. ^_^ Beautiful day to have the war. There's no chance of rain, so we'll be dry too. Sorry to all those who were hoping for it.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#88 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

Hey Hilt, aren't you forgetting someone?!!

Janga and I will be there Saturday. College has kept me quite buisy, but I have managed to crank out a few guns for the war: (let's see if I remember how to post pictures...)

Posted Image

I've always love the 3k, but hated the pumping action. I added a dual action pump and a rod to advance to the next barrel. Works pretty well if I do say so myself. 2 pumps gives me quite a bit of power.

Posted Image

Finally found myself one of these things. The scope is purely cosmetic and I won't be using it in the war. This gun isn't much to brag about with only the stock spring, but I added the good ol' xbow spring on top of the stock one and it's got kick. I guess I'll have to load it up with orange e-tape though...

If there's one thing I learned from last year's war, it's that you need to keep the guns as simple as possible. A single shot rifle and the 3k should work nicely on Saturday. See you guys there!
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#89 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

Kick Ass! We should probably pass out cell numbers. Don't worry Janga, I'll give you my number this time.

Edited by sam, 12 April 2007 - 08:07 PM.

#90 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

Holy sh!t, Carrtoon is alive!

XD

...sorry I forgot you mate. Just saving the best for last. ;o)

This is going to be fun.

Just a heads up, LOTR and I have agreed to arrive at 10:30 so we don't have to wait too long for Sam but can still get started with anybody else who shows up right after 10. I think everyone has my number but Carrtoon -- Janga's got it though, so since you're carpooling you can steal it from him if you really need it.
V

#91 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:38 PM

OK, hmmm.... I might be able to make it to some of the war, depending on when we are planning to end this sucker. I get out of testing around 2:30ish, my dad offered to drive me there (which is a really weird move for him) So I might be able to make it. I have all of my guns... not all of them are in tip top shape but they are guns nonetheless. I have between 100 and 200 darts, I don't think FH wouldn't approve of their length though...
I wasn't planning on attending so I am ill prepared.

Carrtoon, good to hear from you again!

Seeing as people were talking about weather, I thought I might chime in: There is snow on the ground, snow melts when it gets warm, and that means mud. Just a heads up.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#92 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

After review, I've found I have drastically fewer darts than i expected. We're talking less than 100. I might have to go with some stock darts too. B) So many of them got crushed in my big move to school. I've managed to hold a 6 person skirmish with the darts I have though, so we'll see. That was highly discouraging to me as I gave the equipment rundown.

I tested the darts which gave me doubts, and I've come up with grand total of 72 darts that weren't crushed or won't fishtail out of the barrel. this includes some stock darts. So since I'm expected to provide for myself and 3 other people, the possibility of borrowing some stefans for the day would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 13 April 2007 - 04:29 PM.

#93 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:28 PM

I've got some stock darts you can use, also what do you use for barrel material, so I can let you know if the few Stefans I have will work for you.

#94 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

I believe most, if not all of my barrels are crayola/SCH 40 1/2 PVC nests. Fires stock micros and micro stefans.

#95 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:54 PM

Wow you guys. Great war. Attendance was way better than I thought it would be, I'm ashamed to say I completely forgot about Jeff when Carrtoon showed up, and then Janga bringing three other guys with him was... well, it was essentially a perfect war.

Sam, in case you're wondering, we never got around to dodgeball. Janga left and we just didn't have enough people. I'm going to have to beg you to try (try) just one single round of it this summer.

My favorite part will always be when Carrtoon and Rings rushed Jeff, and then everything stopped. Elf and I are figuring, "okay, well they got Jeff out..." when Carrtoon and Rings both turn around with their hands on their heads and "Ow..." looks on their faces. It was awesome. You rock Jeff.

That's not to say you guys don't rock, Carrtoon and Rings. It just so happens to be you were the victim in the moment of the day. And of course, Carrtoon shot me in the crotch doing the midair splits again.... Not with a crossbow though. XD

Overall, an awesome day. Thanks everyone.

Pictures! I know there are plenty! Share the goods!
...please. : o)
V

#96 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:05 PM

I agree. It was successful and I had an excellent time. It was good to meet all of you and duke it out.

Gotta admit that was a funny charge. Carrtoon and I walked away thinking "How?". He emptied his Big Salvo and I shot two with my NFs. Oh well, we all got decent hits and got hit by them.

The pics are up. Got almost 90 of them, so enjoy.

Spring TCNO

~Rings

Edited by LordoftheRing434, 15 April 2007 - 02:07 AM.

#97 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

Yeah that was awesome. All the new guys were awesome. I've got more to say just can't think of anything right now.
Carrtoon, you have my dart bag, and Rings you've got a lot of my stock darts. Don't worry about it though, I'll get them back later.

Look for another one either the last weekend of June or the weekend after the 4th of July.

#98 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

Wow! You guys, that was one friggen amazing war!

Carrtoon and Janga, it was great to see/hear from you guys again!

Jeff... your my hero!

On another topic, I brought this really nice shoulder strap and I am pretty sure that someone else took it by accident so if you did, could I please get that back :) ? It is a Swiss Army suitcase strap with this really comfy shoulder padding area.

Sam, if we could do it in late june that would work better for me cuz I am gone all July :)
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#99 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

I could do a late June war. Sam, since you're hosting, better start the thread ASAP... it's already almost only two months away.

Of course, that's just me. I like to have things in stone early on.
V

#100 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:25 PM

I don't really have time to start a thread, I've got to get my assassin's game started up, win a ultimate frisbee tournament, and beat a physics project.

But how does June 30 or July 7 sound?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users