172 replies to this topic

#76 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

C'mon peeps let's go and have fun!

Hey ya'll, I'm thinking about sigging this if I have enough chars. Ya'll should as well. *nudge*
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#77 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

Depending on the circumstances (finals and Xmas shopping) I may be able to come. If I do, I will bring 1 more with me for sure (my ride). Most likely, I can have me and 3 more if we can come.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#78 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:38 AM

Attention Kiddies,

I may be able to come. I was just pricing out flights and hotels and its less than $300. I may be able to swing this. Not to mention, The miles will help me afford an Armageddon trip next year.

I will read through this ENTIRE thread and make my decision by the end of the week.
I hate you.

#79 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:52 AM

Holy crap, One Man Clan at this. This could be cooler than thought.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#80 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

If OMC comes I will come without question (just because he's willing to pay $300).
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#81 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:19 PM

Good to see we have some new people potentially coming since I have been gone. If you come OMC, that would be awesome. If you need information on some good hotels or you'd like to ship your Nerf guns to my house for the war, that would be fine. Anything I can do to make it more likely you come, I'll do. Besides give you $300.

Anyway, Flaming Hilt brought to my attention that instead of totally banning dark or black painted Nerf guns, we could let people bring them but put some bright colored tape over it to make it less realistic and more "Nerfy" (I know I just made up a word) FH said he can supply this on a first come, first serve basis.

Anyone have ideas to what games we can play?

EDIT: Looks like we have about 10-20 people coming, maybe more. Remember bring as many people as you can, even if they don't Nerf. As long as they have a gun, it should be good. I am also bringing a couple of friends who I occasionally Nerf with who don't Nerf regularly.

Edited by Ryan201821, 31 October 2006 - 10:25 PM.

#82 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:43 PM

Happy to have you back, Ryan.

I say we don't plan out what games we play or what rules we have. Talk about them, certainly -- but who knows what mood any of us will be in three months from now, especially after travel time. ^_^

I have a few suggestions, though, to get people thinking. I would personally like to try at least one round of 3M's dodgeball, I played it at KAF and rather enjoyed it. You play in teams of 1 or 2 in a small, well-marked area. If you're shot, you get out; but when the person who shot you gets out, you get back in. The goal is to have your team be the last one standing.

Otherwise, I will go with almost anything. I do recommend somebody brings/makes some form of flags, because I have no doubt we'll play at least a few rounds of CTF or Assault.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 31 October 2006 - 10:43 PM.

V

#83 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:50 PM

Happy to have you back, Ryan.

I say we don't plan out what games we play or what rules we have. Talk about them, certainly -- but who knows what mood any of us will be in three months from now, especially after travel time. ^_^

I have a few suggestions, though, to get people thinking. I would personally like to try at least one round of 3M's dodgeball, I played it at KAF and rather enjoyed it. You play in teams of 1 or 2 in a small, well-marked area. If you're shot, you get out; but when the person who shot you gets out, you get back in. The goal is to have your team be the last one standing.

Otherwise, I will go with almost anything. I do recommend somebody brings/makes some form of flags, because I have no doubt we'll play at least a few rounds of CTF or Assault.

Sounds good. I totally agree. I don't want to exactly plan what we are doing when we get there, I just want to see some ideas get put out there on possible games, so we can be prepared if we need certain materials.

I'll supply the flags, CTF is definitely one of my favorites. I was thinking maybe a variant of King of the Hill but, there is only one problem. No hill. Maybe we could do something like "defend the base". Something similar to that would be cool.

Dodge ball sounds good, you'll have to run over the details later, I heard of the idea before though. Also, FH, not very familiar with Assault, care to enlighten me on that?

#84 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:36 PM

Assault (you might know it under a different name, I'm not sure what name that would be) is basically one-sided capture the flag. You stick a flag in the middle of a base, and the defending team has to defend it while the attacking team has to steal it.

I know it sounds like the defending team picks their best sprinter and goes for it; well, you have to do stuff to counter that. Put to flag on top of something, bias the teams, etc. etc. Usually the defending team would get a terrain advantage (in our case, the playground). It's also fun to give the defenders assault weapons and just give the attackers pistols. :)

Let's be sure not to make the thread entirely game-based now... we still wanna encourage peeps to come.

EDIT: Oh yea, s.nipers vs. is also fun with a playground. Get all the sharpshooting weapons, give them to the sharpshooters, put them in the playground. Give the other team fast-ROF weapons and a huge numbers advantage, then go for it. One of my favorites.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 01 November 2006 - 04:40 PM.

V

#85 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

Hilt, the s niper game could be okay, so it would be x-bows against RF20s?

-My Dad

#86 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:16 PM

Yea, just whatever works. I'll prolly use my newly-painted DTG instead of an RF20, but you get the point.

I also forgot to mention hit points. In S.nipers vs, usually it's even but with a team bias, or even teams with an HP bias. Also, the s.nipers have instant respawn but can't leave the tower, while the assaulting team has to exit the area and usually count to 10-15.

In assault, the defending team usually has infinite hitpoints but a 5-10 second respawn, while the attacking team has a limited number of hitpoints (to make it possible for the defenders to win) but has to exit the area after being hit.
V

#87 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:26 AM

Yea s nipers is really fun! At least up until you run out of ammo and cant leave the tower so as to get some... But it is prolly my favorite nerf game.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#88 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

Just so everybody knows, I don't think I'm going to have a full load in my car so if anybody needs a quick ride (if you're on my way from MN) to/from a hotel or there before it starts, I can sure give you one. I'd rather not give rides back home, though, because we may end up staying a night and I'm not sure I'm cool with anyone I don't know sleeping in the car with me.... Although if we don't spend the night, then I can prolly give you a ride back, too.

Hopefully this will help with you non-drivers + parentswithafullschedule. Just one or two of you, though.
V

#89 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

Me and my dual warthogs will try to be there.

Edited by Renegade, 04 November 2006 - 01:48 PM.

#90 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

Great, If we do pistol rounds are they going to be spring or just pistol?

-My Dad

#91 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

Score, we have some more people coming. Caffeine says he will definitely be there unless it is snowing.

I pmed ompa but nothing from him yet. Renegade, I'll put you in as potential. If you are coming how many people would come with you?

Also Rambo is in as a potential, only if OMC is coming.

EDIT: We have a lot of potentials and not many officials. If you can definitely come and you are not down, please let me know. I might also have a couple more people coming. If you have any problems getting your guns here, let me know and I'll probably let you ship them to my house. The only problem with that is we might be needing some emergency repairs. I'll be bringing some power tools, glue, barrel material, and other necessary stuff for repairing your guns. The only problem with the glue is that it might not cure in the cold conditions.

Edited by Ryan201821, 04 November 2006 - 04:13 PM.

#92 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

I'll talk with the rest of my clan about this, but I hope to bring 2-3.

Will anyone be bringing a digital camera or video camera to the war?

#93 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:14 PM

I'll talk with the rest of my clan about this, but I hope to bring 2-3.

Will anyone be bringing a digital camera or video camera to the war?

I can bring one but it would be cool if someone could bring a kickass camera and take video/pictures of the whole thing. I'd like to get this war documented pretty well.

#94 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:38 PM

I can bring the crappiest digital camera in the world as a last resort. Although if anybody else has anything, let's go with that instead.
V

#95 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:10 PM

My Dad has a kick ass digicam, He might take pics.

-My Dad

#96 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

Sounds good.

I have a 6 or 7 megapixel camera that I can bring and it does take video. My friend has a nice $800 SLR and I could ask him to bring it maybe.

#97 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:17 PM

Sounds good.

I have a 6 or 7 megapixel camera that I can bring and it does take video. My friend has a nice $800 SLR and I could ask him to bring it maybe.

Lets bring em' all, with a 2* video cameras and 2 just taking pics that would be great.

*my dads also takes movies and he has a video camera.
If you are coming post where you are from
JurassicPark IL

Edited by JurassicPark, 04 November 2006 - 08:05 PM.

-My Dad

#98 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

Well, this looks like its getting to be pretty big. I'll throw my hat in as a possibility, but I won't be able to give a definate answer until late November. If I come I'll probably be able to bring 2-3 people also.

Edited by sam, 05 November 2006 - 09:18 PM.

#99 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

Can we get an up-to-date headcount? Anyone know, I don't feel like rereading all these posts. I think it would have to be 20 people for me to come.

#100 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:50 PM

Rambo, I don't feel like it either so like I said before if you are coming post where you are from and how many you are bringing.

IL.
1-4 people.

-My Dad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users