Photo

Magstrike Questions

I have one Question, and I'll answer any of yours.

43 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:54 PM

I just recently (today) got a shiny new Magstrike. It fires great, and I'm definitely using it in the war I'm in tommorrow, but I have one question for those of you who have one:

In the manual, it says that you can fire the shots 1-2 at a time by pulling/releasing the trigger quickly. Whenever I try to do this, the clip falls back to the first dart as soon as I release the trigger.

Is the clip supposed to stay where it is when you stop firing, allowing semi-auto capabilities like the manual says, or is the manual full of shit and my gun's perfectly fine?

Just wondering, I thought it was kinda weird that I have to fire all ten shots at once or the gun tries to fire darts that aren't there when the clip drops back down.

Besides that, the gun's great. If anyone has any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

[EDIT] Grammar stuff

Edited by AssassinNF, 31 July 2006 - 08:56 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

Why do I have a strange little feeling that I know whos on the reciveing end of that in tomarrows war?:huh:

Ohh yeh I know. :mellow:

Its me. B)
We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#3 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

Mine does more or less the same thing, depending on how well it feels like working that day. There has to be a way to make the clip fit more tightly in the gun, but I have to figure it out. It doesn't usually slide all the way down after firing, but sometimes does a few. If you fire the gun "ghetto style", though, it won't slide, but you can kiss all accuracy goodbye.
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#4 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

Now I know my gun's perfectly fine. Thank for the help.

And yes, mobeus, you'll be on the recieving end of that thing tommorrow :D

#5 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:03 AM

Yeah, I got my MS today and tried conserving ammo. The thing is, it wastes a lot of air, so you need to pump a few more times. Plus, as the air pressure lessens, the range decreases. I've had ranges as bad as 3" (inches). I also have a hard time getting both mags off in one priming. I usually have to pump 5-7 more times after I switch out mags, and thats when I let go of the trigger at just the right time.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#6 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:54 AM

I usually get about 14 shots per fill which disappoints me a bit.

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:58 PM

I also have a hard time getting both mags off in one priming. I usually have to pump 5-7 more times after I switch out mags, and thats when I let go of the trigger at just the right time.

I can't get it to fire two mags with one priming either, but I don't have a problem with it, I just pump it up again.

Plus, as the air pressure lessens, the range decreases. I've had ranges as bad as 3" (inches).

I've never had that happen, all my ranges are consistant

#8 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:07 PM

Yeh that thing stinks to be one the bad side of it. Trust me. Also I dont like the magstrike toi much. It seems like a poor choice as a primary. I say have it as a bunker defence macine gun with another guy loading the other clip while you fire and pump. I dont like it as a primary because the loosing the pressure and lack of semi auto.
We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#9 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

You don't have a decrease in ranges because there isn't supposed to be a decrease in ranges. The bladder is designed to keep a constant pressure. Are you sure your clip isn't dropping a bit as it gets to the lower darts? That might cause the hole to be partially covered and result in less range.

And hasn't anyone thought of backpack modding this? Or even just link like 2 RF20 bladders and this bladder together using a few T valves and it should act like one massive bladder. That way, you could get like 6 clips off.

~ompa

#10 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

Yeh that thing stinks to be one the bad side of it. Trust me. Also I dont like the magstrike toi much. It seems like a poor choice as a primary. I say have it as a bunker defence macine gun with another guy loading the other clip while you fire and pump. I dont like it as a primary because the loosing the pressure and lack of semi auto.

2 things:

1. I fail to make sense of alot of what you typed.
2. It doesn't lose pressure at all. What the hell are you talking about?

#11 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

Yeah I noticed it loosing some if not all its pressure relitively fast like in two minutes if you pump 20 times. If you were to be useing it in a big war or in a feild you would have to pump before you fired to make shure it still had any power to fire the clip.

The gun just sounds painful and john yelped when you shot him in the leg.

#12 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:31 PM

Then I think you got yourself a leak.

Edited by sistermol, 04 August 2006 - 01:16 AM.

Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#13 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:41 PM

Please, a little use of proper capitalization and spelling. Rules are rules, and if not followed, suspensions will follow.

~ompa

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:21 AM

And hasn't anyone thought of backpack modding this? Or even just link like 2 RF20 bladders and this bladder together using a few T valves and it should act like one massive bladder. That way, you could get like 6 clips off.

~ompa

Working on it. Parts have been ordered but it will work for anything that uses a bladder RF20.WF,PC.MS
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#15 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:45 AM

~ompa

Can you PM me a run through of how to do this? I am reeally intersted in haveing a magstike like that. How do you hook up the bladder and create a perfect seal between tubing running to the baladder and the bladder? Thanks!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#16 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

Then i think u got yourself a leak.

No I dont think it has a leak. I dont have one but my friend let me try his and it seems good. I am just concerned that if you take it, pump it up, load and walk around for a while( not seeing anyone) and when you do see someone the gun might not fire all 10 darts and you would get caught with your pants down. I havnt seen this problem but it is an air gun like the titan which loses pressure pretty quickly.

#17 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

I am just concerned that if you take it, pump it up, load and walk around for a while( not seeing anyone) and when you do see someone the gun might not fire all 10 darts and you would get caught with your pants down.

Moubeus5018, that's what we call a 'leak'. If it is losing pressure after pumping, you have a leak. It's as simple as that.

IF you pump a gun to full pressure, and after a while (without the valve being opened) it loses that pressure, then it has a leak. It may be a very slow leak in the bladder itself, the OPR valve may be sticking, or the firing valve (The valve activated by the trigger) might not be closing correctly.

Any of these problems, though not disasterous, are considered a 'leak' whether you want to call it that or not.

Also, all of these problems CAN be solved, in on way or another. If it is losing pressure in the way you've descibed it, it is a leak. It's not in the design of the gun; it's a problem that CAN be dealt with to make the Magstrike the gun it was supposed to be.

Sincereley,
Pat
QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#18 cowboybibby

cowboybibby

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:59 AM

How many pumps in one sitting does it take to fire off both mags??

#19 Der Exilen

Der Exilen

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

We mechanics have a way of testing for leaks. fill a tank with water and submerge whatever you're questioning. If you see bubbles,you've got a leak. i had a lightning blitz some number of years ago that had this problem as well. maybe Nerf/Hasbro/Laramie should stick with doing what it does best:Spring guns.
The revolution will not be on your iPod.
The revolution will not be on CNN
The revolution will not cost $.99 a song.
The revolution will not be on the atkins diet.
The revolution will free us all.

Extension of a poem by gil-scott heron.

#20 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:40 AM

I can empty 1 clip and 6 darts of the other clip in 30 pumps. I've never really bothered to get both clips off at once. I'll try today to see if I can get both mags off with one priming. Has anyone been able to release all 20 darts?
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#21 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:59 PM

Yeah I noticed it loosing some if not all its pressure relitively fast like in two minutes if you pump 20 times. If you were to be useing it in a big war or in a feild you would have to pump before you fired to make shure it still had any power to fire the clip.

The gun just sounds painful and john yelped when you shot him in the leg.

It doesn't lose pressure. I used it as my primary in a war a while ago, and I left it pumped for about 10 minutes, and it still fired off a whole clip with no problems, no leaks, and no 4-letter words. I'll prove it to you at the war on the 2nd. (you'd better bring you own guns! Craig and Travis will be borrowing my guns, and I won't have enough left for you to borrow them, too! B) ) also, John yelps when I shoot him with a broken scout from 20 feet, so that's not saying much.

For the rest of you, he doesn't know if it has a leak. He does not own a magstrike, and he is talking about mine, which doesn't leak or lose pressure, so I don't know what he's talking about.

As to the 2 clips in one priming, I can't do it either. At best it gets 1 1/2 clips, but I just pump it a few times before I load the second one, and then I can fire both with no problems.

It's working pretty good with my Tagger darts, CDTS's, and my stefans very well. I've been making stefans with holes drilled in the back, so I don't have to remove pegs from my guns. They also have foam tips, so they don't screw up my walls. If I can get my shitty computer to post pics, I'll have some soon.

And the backpack mod, that would be cool as hell, but I'm fine with just firing 1 clip at a time. Besides, I don't have a good source of materials for that kind of thing.

Edited by AssassinNF, 15 August 2006 - 05:00 PM.

#22 IceAnubis

IceAnubis

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:34 AM

Hmm. I have a Magstrike, and it is completely useless due to the clip "tension". It falls back in unless kept perfectly still (of course unless it is being actively fired in fully automatic mode, and even then it will fall down if moved with any considerable force).

The only thing I can think of to fix the problem is some electrical tape or the installation of a system that doesn't allow the clip to move down until you push/pull a button, which would be a rather simple mechanical lever.

-Anubis

#23 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:28 PM

Hmm. I have a Magstrike, and it is completely useless due to the clip "tension". It falls back in unless kept perfectly still (of course unless it is being actively fired in fully automatic mode, and even then it will fall down if moved with any considerable force).

The only thing I can think of to fix the problem is some electrical tape or the installation of a system that doesn't allow the clip to move down until you push/pull a button, which would be a rather simple mechanical lever.

-Anubis

I tried some e-tape on the clip, but it made no difference.

If you look inside the space where the clip goes, there is a little green button on the side that is supposed to keep the clip from falling back down, but it doesn't. Perhaps you could mod that little mechanism so that it works. It would probably be even simpler than the lever idea.

#24 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:07 PM

Iceanubis, have you tried tightening the screws on the case? That was a problem with my PC after I opened it up; a whole shitload of tweaking with the screw tightness fixed it.

Uh not going to lie, I didn't check this topic after my last post until now. Anyways, each bladder has 2 holes; one for in and one for out, right? Well I figured that if you used something like 2 4-way tubing connectors, you could link all the inputs and all the outputs to one 4-way connector each, and then use the remaining opening in the connector to connect the now linked bladders to the pump and output area.

~ompa

#25 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:20 PM

Iceanubis, have you tried tightening the screws on the case? That was a problem with my PC after I opened it up; a whole shitload of tweaking with the screw tightness fixed it.

I honestly can't believe I didn't think about that. Great Idea, ompa, I'll definitely do that when I get a chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users