Scope Mod!

A detachable scope for all N-Strike guns

36 replies to this topic

#26 Sixo

Sixo

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:43 PM

Thanks to ya both :P Let me know if you guys think of any other ideas for the rail system. I think someone mentioned integrations like an SSPB or something, which wouldnt be bad...hm. Back to work-

-Sixo
"Behind this mask, there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

#27 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:43 PM

Enough, all of you. You're all entitled to your own opinions, and it's blatantly obvious nobody is going to sway anybody else. It was his decision to make a mod like that, let's just respect that and quit bickering about the necessity of a scope.

While not very practical, it's still a neat utilization of a part of the Crossfire that people may not have used otherwise. And it could be easily applied to other attachments.

~ompa

#28 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:11 AM

To get back on topic, maybe you could put a barrel holder onto the rail instead of the optics. Or maybe some dart holders. That would be worth the effort.

TS

#29 Anima

Anima

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:01 AM

Team_Slaya said it first, but yeah, dart-holders would be a great idea for that rail. You could slide 'em off for storage/holstering with that nice rail-attachment.

You could always mount a light on it too. Get one of those silly 'tactical' Airsoft lights, and use that green piece to fit it to the gun. Or you could be cruel and get ahold of some old flashbulbs... (Can you hear people screaming 'Flashbang!' yet?)

Or you could mount that green piece backwards onto the NF, (glue or screw it, you'd want it stationary) and use it to cock a Maverick in your other hand.

There are so many things you could put on the gun, you just need to puzzle 'em out and experiment. A scope was a logical first choice, though I suppose it has its fans and detractors. :D
On the web, your language skills are your appearance and odor. Don't be a smelly elephant man.

#30 Maverick Master

Maverick Master

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:11 AM

So what if he dosn't use it sometimes he might and i say it looks awsome and you guys should stop fighting in this guys thread and post about his scope mod he did. I think it is an awsome use of a broken gun.
Cpt. Brian Scott of UGNS

Under
Ground
Nerf
Squad

Alias Scoped loser (+)
(.)(.) :)

LordofTheRings434
"In a sense, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste your time handling your balls. Go for the foamy rods instead."

#31 Sixo

Sixo

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:45 PM

Thank you, MM. Anyway, the ammo holder is a pretty solid idea. I'm beginning to regret having cut up that six dart capacity holder that used to be attached to my crossfire... :D Oh and team slaya what did you mean by barrel holder? I'm not sure I understand, sorry.

-Sixo
"Behind this mask, there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

#32 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:53 PM

I completely disagree. This allows you to watch the enenmy's location while having a weapon ready. I think another good use for the rails is to build in a SSPB, so you can make snap-on integrations.

He's right, and wrong. it happens that at the place where z80 and I nerf, there are raised towers, and high grounds from which you can hide and track your enemy from, and you can better see him in dim conditions (sunset hours). if the magnification were more than 5 times, than it would be a hinderence, and this is only about 2X, which is helpful.

but it does depend on the map you're using, because nerfing on a soccer field, with bleachers and fences and rocks as defences, a scope is going to be annoying and worthless.

so its not necessarilly a bad thing, and with the titan, it would be great.

the rail would be great for integrations too, and would be most effective on the smaller guns (Mav's, TTB's, etc) to add firepower. another idea is that you could use the rail to hold a clip, (as in the clip that snaps on to things) from which you could attach the gun to your waist or something.
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#33 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

Or instead of doing work we could all just wait till fall when the longshot comes out the scope fits all N-Strike guns and 2 or 3 of the dart tag guns.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#34 Nerfster12345

Nerfster12345

• Banned
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

Dude that is nice but in probally going to make Flashlight and laser pointer mounts.
Classic military phrases:

"Retreating?! Heck no, we're just advancing in other direction!"

"Are there any experienced suicide bombers?"

"Any ship can be a minesweeper... once."

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

#35 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

You know, the Magstrike is coming out and it has a detachable scope that fits all the n-strike guns. But nice job. I plan to put a rail from an EX-3 on a crossfire so that you can cock both at a time.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#36 Sixo

Sixo

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:11 PM

Actually, it's the Longshot that's gonna have that scope that you're referring to, but yeah I was aware of that. However, I had started working on this before that announcement came out, so I figured I'd just finish. But that's a good idea you have about the EX-3 and the Crossfire.

-Sixo

#37 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

You know, the Longshot is coming out and it has a detachable scope that fits all the n-strike guns. But nice job. I plan to put a rail from an EX-3 on a crossfire so that you can cock both at a time.

I said that yesterday and if you go to wlmart and ask for their cheapes scope for a real gun the one they showed me works just fine.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users