Modification and Paintjob Pictures

POST PICTURES ONLY. How hard is that.

5162 replies to this topic

#201 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

I made a miniaturized Mustang 6! It has very good range stock. I had to make a new pull-back lever because the plastic was weak. Pic:
Posted Image

Is that a drill bit on there for a pull back lever?

#202 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:49 PM

This side faces towards my body. You can see the two loops of duct tape through which my belt will go. Yes, the gun sits horizontally. It goes at the center of my back on my belt like my SF used to (look at the recent Armageddon Video for a reference). This allows me to draw it from behind my back, and I don't have a holster on my leg hindering my movement. Also, note that on this side there is a gap around the trigger. When the holster is on me and the gun is in it, I can grab it like I was going to draw it and fire with it still on my belt without putting much of my body in view around, say, a left-hand corner. To draw, I pull it straight up and out. The only problem is that the loop of tape that goes around the ammo holders and keeps the gun from slipping out that way is too tight against the gun to have darts in the holders. I'm currently working on a little coat hanger hook that will fit around the edge of one side of the ammo holders and do the same job without hindering that.
Posted Image

This side faces away from my body. Note that the trigger guard isn't uncovered on this side. This will help prevent misfiring (ie. if a stick coming out of a bush got caught in the trigger guard).
Posted Image

These pictures taken from the comfort of my dorm. Note the minifridge and microwave on the left...I've been using those on the TREE DOZEN cookies my gf brought me when she visited last weekend. MMMMmmmmm...

EDIT:
I decided to go ahead and finish the fixing of my holster. I replaced the tape loop with this small nub that slides perfectly alongside the rear ammo holder. It holds it in place and nothing more, but will never get wrinkled or anything like the tape loop would've, so it makes holstering the gun a one-handed job and the possibility of doing it without having to look behind me is now greatly increased.

Posted Image

There we go.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#203 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

Looks good, but I'm still confused by how to make it.

What does your sf holster look like? I've been trying to figure out how to make a decent one.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#204 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

The SF holster is amazingly cool, I know I was shot by what came out of it, and it hurt. Oh Falcon, remember when I shot your foot, and two other people when we all thought that each other was out.
"Are you out?"
*BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG*
"Nope"
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#205 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

This is my brand new NF. The performance isn't quite what I'd like it to be, only about 40' flat because the barrel extends too far into the plunger tube and reduces the plunger stroke, but it will make a good pistol to rush with becasuse it's very fast due to the ability to put a dart in the tip of the barrel and suck it down when I cock the gun. I have my L'nLs for normal sidearm use. It's got a 4" Sch. 80 barrel, wrapped plungerhead and a small DTB or Crossfire spring because I couldn't find an old edition one to replace the stock one with.

Posted Image

And from the front:

Posted Image

EDIT: General Cole, I can't mount the barrel on the plunger itself but I had originally planned to put it on the end of the plunger tube, probably on the piece with the barrel peg after removing said peg and drilling a hole through the other piece with the solid restrictor in the middle. The barrel is already Gooped into place and I'm happy with the ranges it gets with the bungee cord attached, so I'm not going to bother.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 16 September 2006 - 03:11 PM.

SexD Warves

#206 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:45 PM

That is pretty cool, why don't you just mount it and seal it off just to the front of the plunger? It should still get sucked down, and your ranges would increase.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#207 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:11 PM

My personal Nitefinder.

Posted Image
Write-up is in my signature.

Edited by trogdor65, 17 September 2006 - 03:11 PM.

#208 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

Well I had planned to paint the blue black, but I figured I would leave it as is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#209 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

Bolt, I am curiouis how you mounted your sight on the Ls. I got a reflex sight made by daisy and it refused to mount, details would be apreciated.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#210 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:33 PM

Didn`t do anything special. It's just a red dot intended to mount on a mil-std-1913 rail. It just screwed right on. Pretty tight and secure too.

#211 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:00 AM

Bolt what is the the black removable thing? A silencer?

If it is a silencer I cant imagine that it would be too effective. Unless you also filled all the extra space inside the gun with foam.

And I think you should paint it black: it just looks so... Un-boltsniper-ish-like.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#212 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:27 AM

I think it looks very boltsniper. It's not black, but the barrel shroud over the end plus the red dot sight make it look very BS esque.

Hey, now you can legitimately play with us So-Cal'ers (non-homemade)!
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#213 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:56 AM

Hey bolt, I am confused. That black thing, it is a barrell extension, or just for looks? If it is a barrell extension I can see that working.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#214 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

My latest paintjob. It's Captain Slug's foregrip and my own custom paintjob. Turned out very good and I really and happy with the results. Also in the pic is my matching sidearm, and favorite sidearm of choice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

#215 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:51 PM

I do believe that red is the colour that all Longshots were meant to be painted (although I do like Captain Slug's paintjob).

That is one damn sexy gun, and you have the same phone as me.

But back on topic.

That is one damn sexy gun.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#216 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:46 PM

I think it would lookabsofuckinlutely amazing if you painted the grey parts black.
I see you got a print out of Captain slugs labelled Longshot in the background. Good Idea.
Good work on the paint job. It reminds me of my first paint job.

The Red Dragon.
Posted Image <------- Go ahead click on it. It gets bigger.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 21 September 2006 - 11:05 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#217 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

I think it would lookabsofuckinlutely amazing if you painted the grey parts black.

Thanks...The only reason I didn't paint the gray part black is that I would have to paint the stock, or should I just paint the grip black.

Thanks for the comments guys.

#218 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:31 AM

Hey bolt, I am confused. That black thing, it is a barrell extension, or just for looks? If it is a barrell extension I can see that working.

It is the barrel extension. I didn`t like the front siderarm attachment. I just pulled out the barrel extension tube and placed in a section of PVC with the locking ring glue to the end. I also cut it down a little bit so it wasn`t so damn long. It's not a silencer, just made to look like one.

#219 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:33 AM

Hey Forsaken where do you get your aluminum barrelling material? I need a replacement for brass because my town lacks it.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#220 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:30 PM

To Ryan,

The minute I loaded this page I literally shouted out, "Wow!" at the top of my lungs. My mother did not appreciate that. But that paintjob is awesome. I love the red.

Oh, and I also have that exact phone.

#221 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

To Ryan,

The minute I loaded this page I literally shouted out, "Wow!" at the top of my lungs. My mother did not appreciate that. But that paintjob is awesome. I love the red.

Oh, and I also have that exact phone.

Thanks for the compliments.

It's actually not my phone. Used to be, but now it is my brothers. I own a Blackberry 8700c...My baby..

#222 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

Hey Ryan did you leave the jam door off/out? Does it still work correctally without it? I would like to keep mine off too, but last time I tried it the gun wouldn't cock right. Does yours?
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#223 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

Hey Ryan did you leave the jam door off/out? Does it still work correctally without it? I would like to keep mine off too, but last time I tried it the gun wouldn't cock right. Does yours?

Yes, it works perfectly fine.

#224 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:49 AM

Hey Forsaken where do you get your aluminum barrelling material? I need a replacement for brass because my town lacks it.

The silver barrel is actually 9/16" brass painted silver. I have found aluminum at hobby shops. To keep this a modification/paintjob pictures thread I give you a previously posted golden gun.

Golden Gun
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#225 Guyver

Guyver

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

Hi guys, I am new to the Nerf Customizing community and just wanted to pop in and say hi. Also, I would like to share a few pics of my custom repainted Maverick.
I sanded and repainted it using Rust-oleum "High Heat" black bbq grill paint as a primer then dry brushed over that with "Chainmail" by CITADEL.
The grip is "Vermin Brown" with "Bestial Brown" drybrushed over that (Both also by CITADEL).

Posted Image
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users