Modification and Paintjob Pictures
Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:44 PM
So here it is, the Hammershot Bladerunner 2019 Edition.
The only Hammershot I've done with different detailing both sides
There's a bunch of stuff missing due to practical considerations, but I've added things too, so it balances out... kinda.
Whereas I enhanced the look of the strap/buckle decoration on one side, on the other I removed it entirely and replaced it with an adjustment knob and a wiring loom. I removed the tank from under the cylinder and used styrene sheet backed with epoxy glue to fill the support-arm holes. I also removed the bandages on the grip as usual, but also infilled the notch.
After all the fun with the epoxy putty, I had a little left over, so i worked away on some extra bits, the hammer got a lengthening, the bolt-lever was enhanced to give it a similar curve to the screen-prop, and some extra lines were cut into the shell with files.
While I had the rotary tool fired up, I decided to do an ejection slot. Note that it's not big enough for Megas (something I hope to address in V.2). I found a bunch of greeblies in my parts box and bunged those on as well; no LEDs or switches though (see note re. V.2). The fake screws were all replaced with rubber grommets left over from my Zoids era.
I could regail you with the trials and tribulations of epoxy putty, paint and masking tape, but there's another thread around here somewhere for that. Suffice to say, It came out okay after a somewhat shakey showing in the mid-stages.
Hope you like it and thanks for looking
Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:23 AM
Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:28 PM
Been working on this one for a while. I was hoping for a bright colored paint job, but I got impatient and finished it with what I had.
Work in progress:
I considered redoing the paint a couple times, but I want this to be a reminder of what happens when a project is rushed in the final stages. Spent around 3 months working on it and it has a special significance to me, so it was a bit of a shame that it didn't end up looking how I wanted.
EDIT: added in proper description and context for project.
Edited by An unnamed cell, 25 April 2019 - 07:49 PM.
The plebiest of the plebs.
Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:16 AM
May I introduce Anti-intestinal Fortitude!
A Nerf Mega Doublebreach painted in my usual style of dilapidated hot-rod-esqueness.
Aftermarket graphics, of course...
...and for something different, a water droplet mask for that odd-looking polkadot effect. It seemed to work okay, so I might end up using it again on something else.
Nothing internal to speak of, no-one in here except us chickens.
Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:15 PM
this is by BBB with a ace hardware spring it is beefy but i will never paint it for i love this things paint job too much
Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:07 PM
- Orange mod works internals
- Sig Sauer MCX Virtus kit
Still waiting on a few things before I can finish up the build
Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:14 PM
Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:26 PM
Since Photobucket and Flickr make it so hard to set up, you can view images of my mods at my Deviantyart page here,
Just Click on Gallery and scroll the thumbnail to the right and click on Nerf Blaster Mods
Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:14 PM
Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:28 PM
picked this quick 16 for 4.99 at the thrift store..lots of homebrew mod for it to accept a full mag of elites and anti-jam mods.
Here is my no jam mod...2 guide rails along the bolt lug.
Hard to see but there is a special angle plate in the mag well to help keep the darts in better allignment.
Cut out in the feed doors.
It also has a doubled spring for a bit more oomph but unfortunately I have no pics of that one...Hope you guys like them.
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users