POST PICTURES ONLY. How hard is that.

5162 replies to this topic

#101 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

My aresnal...

Thats just about all the guns that are worth using.
Posted Image

This baby is my 1500 which has been modded with some 9/16 brass in some PVC.
Posted Image

This is my 2k that has been pistol modded sorta and can shoot megas. Has a blue liquid
gauge too.
Posted Image

This is my 750 which is basically my all time favorite pistol. PETG modded.
Posted Image
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#102 ristrictor-distructor

ristrictor-distructor

• Banned
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image

i put on a silencer like shroud over a marker barrel wraped in hocky tape

Edited by ristrictor-distructor, 21 March 2006 - 06:55 PM.

#103 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

I might sound like an idiot after this, but Uncle hammer, are you Lefty on NHQ? Because I bought one of those revolver modded max shots off of him. It looks exactly like that one you have.

=U=

*EDIT* And just for the thread, here's my 5 to 1 barreled Lightning Blitz. Get's around 80-90 on good darts. 15 pumps though.

http://putfile.com/p...221379.jpg&s=x2 *END EDIT*

Edited by Team_Slaya, 19 March 2006 - 08:25 PM.

#104 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

Posted Image

Another one of my hybrids in progress, this time a Triple Torch and 2k turret.

As always, the progress write up is on the White Dog site.

-Piney-

EDIT; Team_Slaya, lefty on NHQ is southpaw over here. Just FYI.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#105 davenelz

davenelz

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

Oh snap!
That triple torch is pure death.
mine used to be my 2nd best blaster before I got into modding.

But those Lock 'n Load's... Bless 'em

#106 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:32 AM

Alright, I'm here to answer the complaints about lack of Crossbow and LnL pics. Some of these have been around, but some I just took, as I'm doing some maintanance on the Crossbow. Here they are...

Posted Image
PowerClip, clip modded w/two modded clips, and a banded bladder.

Posted Image
My modded Crossbow with twin LnLs.

Posted Image
Modded LnL closeup. Uses SCH40 PVC barrel, along with a Chainblazer spring. I have a twin for it, but I can't find the parts to put it together right now.

Posted Image
My current workspace....coffee tables rock.

Posted Image
Closeup of various parts. The plunger/coupler assembly is taken from Rawray's design; I used Goop to bond all the parts, with the joining of the coupler assembly and chamber reinforced with hot glue and duct tape, as well as foam tubing (top) to absorb shock and let it fit in the shell properly.

Posted Image
Exploded view of my Crossbow. I left the foam insulation in because it's a pain to take back out and put back in.

Sorry for the overall blurriness of the pics; I've found my camera blurs images unless it's used with a totally stable platform, like a tripod. Hope you guys enjoyed'em.

Edited by TimberwolfCY, 31 March 2006 - 05:37 PM.

"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#107 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

Hello, great work on the crossbow, however i have a few questions... Did you cut off the yellow tube coming out of the compression chanmber? i am not sure whether it would help or not... Also, your barrell seems pretty short or is that just me? would it get better range with a longer barell?
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#108 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

Thanks.

I'm assuming you're referring to that little yellow nub that protrudes from the chamber; no, I didn't cut it off, as I didn't want to interfere with the airflow. Lately I've been wishing I cut it down at least, but I don't think it's impacted the performance too greatly. At any rate, it's not getting changed any time soon, as the coupler assembly has been solidly Gooped, hot glued, duct taped and foam-insulated to the chamber, and I don't plan on undoing all that work. If you're talking about the tubing that was connected to the chamber, that has been totally removed; there's no place for it in a modern Crossbow mod. The brass is actually 8 1/8 inches long, which is around the minimum that most recommend. I honestly don't think it would get any better range from a longer barrel, as all it would do is increase the friction that the dart has to go through; it's already nested, so I'm sure that it get's plenty of air pressure.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I answered your questions well.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#109 fobpawwor

fobpawwor

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

That is one of the cleanest and slickest crossbow mods I have ever seen. I love the color and the enhancements you have done to it. Keep it up!

#110 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:42 AM

Thanks again for the compliments.

Thought I'd post a couple pics of my BBB. Not nearly as cool as my Crossbow, but just as clean.

Posted Image
Took awhile to get the stock just right. It's Gooped in there well, as you'll see in the next pic.

Posted Image
The shorter of the two barrels is a "shotgun" barrel, made for preloading four mega-stefans. In testing I got 50 ft with about a two foot spread; pretty effective. In a war I'd carry 7 or 8 of them preloaded for close combat. Currently I don't have a brassed barrel yet, so the long 6" barrel is for "snipering."

Probably nothing people haven't seen before, but I noticed no one cares to put up exploded pics of their guns, so I thought I'd start.

Edited by TimberwolfCY, 31 March 2006 - 05:38 PM.

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#111 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

Nice stock on the BBB. Is that PVC or CPVC?
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#112 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

Yeah that's a nifty stock, but wouldnt the gun be extremely long when cocked?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#113 fobpawwor

fobpawwor

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:37 PM

Whats the difference between a cpvc and pvc?
the material?

#114 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:21 PM

Cpvc fits micro stefans, and PVC fits mega stefans, thus PVC is larger in its OD, and ID.
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#115 fobpawwor

fobpawwor

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

So, cpvc is like thin walled pvc. right?

#116 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

[QUOTE]I honestly don't think it would get any better range from a longer barrel, as all it would do is increase the friction that the dart has to go through; it's already nested, so I'm sure that it get's plenty of air pressure.

when you say this, do you mean you actually stuff stefans down the barrell? i like to use dart tag bullets so maybe my barrell should be diff?
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#117 Greek Assassin

Greek Assassin

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:03 PM

When using a longer than stock barell, the only way you can increase range and accuracy is by either using a ramrod and pushing the dart down, or by breach loading. If the dart stuck out of the front of a 12 inch barrel, it would only pass through 2" of the barell, negating any posotive effect of a longer barrel. If your dart cant fit down the barrel, you need piping with a larger ID.

Edited by Greek Assassin, 21 March 2006 - 10:04 PM.

QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#118 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

The stock is Sch. 40 PVC; after one saws off the back hole of that area, PVC fits in it exactly, very sturdy. It does make the gun a little long after it's cocked, but it still manueverable. I haven't used it in a war yet; indeed, it's only a back-up to my Crossbow.

Munson20 - I breech load it; that is, every time I fire, I remove the barrel, load a new dart into the back, and replace the barrel. To be specific, I nested 1 1/2 inches of 17/32 brass tubing into 8" 9/16 brass into 8" 19/32 brass into 8" Sch40 PVC. This gives me the best stability and durability possible. The dart starts in the tight-fitting 17/32 segment at the back of the barrel. When the trigger is pulled the plunger flies forward, the 17/32 constricts the dart enough that the dart only flies forward after maximum air pressure has been built. The 9/16 fits the dart exactly, serving as a guide and as the actual barrel. The 19/32 is simply a sheath for the previous tubes so that it fits snugly into the PVC, a coupler for which is the method I used to attach the barrel to the gun.
Posted Image
My nested brass barrel.
Posted Image
A cuttaway of the barrel. The green is the 17/32. The red is the 9/16. The orange is the 19/32 over the 9/16. The blue is the PVC over all of that.

Hopefully that all wasn't overkill for you; you seem a generally curious member, and I'm just trying to help you out. If you have any other questions, be sure to ask.

Edited by TimberwolfCY, 31 March 2006 - 05:40 PM.

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#119 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SF with Airtech 2k turrets. I figured it should go in here too...
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#120 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:35 PM

My "something with the name other than 'Falcon 2' (Scoped)". That mount base (1/4" plywood) still has to be painted black.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh yeah, the scope is an air rifle scope, so it can handle the repeated shock of the piston/spring. It is pointless, however, to actually be used to aim outside of a distance of, oh say, 35ft.

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 09 April 2006 - 12:01 AM.

"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#121 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:25 PM

Well, that is interesting. I really don't get why you people (includint the onces such as yourself, who admit that it is pointless) are sticking these scopes on your nerf guns.

Especially a working scope on a NF.

That's just rediculous. And you yourself are admitting that it is pointless...

Nice dual-barrel setup there. That (of course) is increasing your ROF a bit, I'm just curious as to how it affects (if at al) the ranges that your NF is getting.

Now, as to what you're calling that gun... :D

It's just me, but I think you should come up with something else. From a personal viewpoint anyway. I won't hunt you down and pump you full of stefans or anything, but I don't think I'd like my name attached to a CPVC'ed NF with a giant (relative to the NF) air rifle scope...
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#122 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:06 PM

Has anyone played Perfect Dark for N64? Remember the Falcon 2 (was there a "2")? It was available with nothing, a scope, or a silencer. That thing was awesome. Hence I called my gun the Falcon. However, since Falcon takes offense to this, well, I guess I'll go change it to something more, well, umm...is...umm...I'll just call it my NF. There, that makes all happy and well...

Well, it looks cool. Pistol wars in West Michigan are all about looks and style, not practicality. Mmmm...masterfully Matrix dodging...

The two barrels did not affect my range whatsoever. All that the original mod is that was done to this was a CPVC barrel with a coupler. So, theoretically, it is a 'breached' NF, like this. The ranges would be the same, only I can get more shots off in a minute than they could...

This thing shoots about 50ft PtG. The only reason why it is doing so is because the only thing I used to seal the coupler to the barrel with was friction, GM Assembly Adhesive, and duct tape. I have yet to improve the seal of the piston and the stock spring is still in there. I have no plans for replacing that spring; however, that piston may be getting e-taped pretty quick...

I need to put something in that big, gaping, shark's mouth of a hole in the front of the gun...

Edit: I decided to read this topic and, well, shoulda edited this sooner...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 22 April 2006 - 08:43 PM.

"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#123 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:50 PM

Okay, nevermind. Call the gun the Falcon if you want...

Just don't call me the "mod master" of Nerf Haven. I am by NO MEANS a "mod master". If anybody should be called that, split the title between a few specifics, namely Cxwq, Bags, Piney, and Starbuck.

I've just got a nice Crossbow/SF/NF war combo. I don't have anything revolutionary, really.

The SplitTech 2k was a new one, and I made it work, but that's only one thing...there are PLENTY more people out there with FAR better creations making them substantially more eligible for the title of "mod master".

I wasn't offended by it, by the way. Actually, I'm rather flattered. I was really more joking than being serious.

Again, it's not like I'm going to hunt you down and pump you full of foam for naming a gun the same thing I call myself, because you weren't naming it after me; you had a legit reason for calling it the Falcon.

Now, if you decided to rename it the "Spoon SnipFinder of Doom" or something, I'd have to personally stick my pocket torch up your ass...
----------||||||||)

#124 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

This is my PC, repainted. I named it the Monkey Custom; after using it for a while the name just came into existence. My Splitfire will soon have the same all-black paintjob on the non-translucent side with a small green monkey. There are two clips in the pictures, you can't tell there's one in the gun. The small monkey is going to become my trademark.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by NerfMonkey, 19 April 2006 - 06:16 PM.

SexD Warves

#125 Vex

Vex

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:17 PM

I'm new to modding And probally a n00b though but still.
Posted Image
Ya, i made a scope with the old lens from two nitefinders and a marker. I used what i had around the house otherwise i would have pvc pipe. I replaced the batteries with a second nitefinders dart holders so now mine can hold 5 darts. I also of course go rid of all the restrictors in the gun. It shoots on average 50 ft. The small barrel under the real one is for show but i'm going to unscrew it and put a small flashlight in there now that i removed the target light.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users