KBarker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:08 PM

Some of my newer mods:

LBB with dual SMDTG integration, mod here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Longshot with an Angel breech, CaptainSlug foregrip, and AR removal/added spring.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
-KBarker

My Fighting Robots: http://www.TeamVelocityRobotics.com/

#827 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:38 AM

Well here is my CPVC modded crossbow. I have yet to paint it but hopefully will by the end of next week and will post it again here and then in the "Show off your crossbow" Thread.
Posted Image
Her name is Loretta.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#828 the essence of death

the essence of death

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

Here is most of my armament, I say most because i have a new ls that i dont have a pic of yet but i figured it oculd go in here since some are modded,

Posted Image

And yes the piece of pvc there is my blow gun, I average about 130' with it on a good day. And if anybody is wondering where I came up with it, its from a broken marshmellow shooter.

#829 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

Finished Loretta finally this morning. Level 4 Mod. CPVC Barrel with metal reinforcing.

Posted Image
Posted Image

~McFlurry

Crossbow Mod.

#830 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

Sweet paintjob.
Crossbow barrels always look crooked to me. Always upward crooked.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#831 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

Sweet paintjob.
Crossbow barrels always look crooked to me. Always upward crooked.

I think that's because most Xbow couplers and barrels make contact with the forward lip of the gun, causing an upward angle. That's why I glued mine on slightly offset.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#832 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

Wow McFlurry, that is one clean paint job. what type of paint did you use?
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#833 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:04 PM

Krylon Fusion a razor blade for cutting tape, and a shitload of patience.

Crossbow Mod.

#834 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

McFlurry what color is that in krylon brand? And wow that had to be the simplest yet sexiest xbow paintjob I have ever seen! Nice man.
"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#835 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

McFlurry what color is that in krylon brand? And wow that had to be the simplest yet sexiest xbow paintjob I have ever seen! Nice man.

Indeed it is nice Flurry, and it is red krylon fusion. It's at my walmart so I would try there first.
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#836 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

It's cherry red Krylon Fusion.

Crossbow Mod.

#837 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:23 PM

Here are my first two paintjobs.

Here is my TTG.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here is my couplered Bow 'n' Arrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by hierarchy, 23 September 2007 - 05:54 PM.

QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#838 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

I just got done with some more guns.

Here is my SnowStorm:
Posted Image
This gun is more winter warfare.

Here is my singled out Maverick:
Posted Image

I'll have some more guns up later.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#839 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:28 AM

What are the crossbow ranges now? Very nice looking. But I hope my future paintjob will be better. No offense, but prop painting is always a bit more cool. Very nice BaA, what are the ranges?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#840 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

Very nice BaA, what are the ranges?

Well currently I am getting a new spring. But for now it's getting about 50 - 60ft. The gun is mainly for looks, I don't know if I'm ever going to use it in a war.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#841 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:02 PM

Ok, got the pictures up.

First, my 2 Crossfires. The paint needs to be redone, they're all scratched up from being tossed around. The barrels are 17/32" brass. They go probably around 45'.
Posted Image

My PETG'd SM750. This thing shoots pretty well, with about 6 pumps it gets around 100'. Though this was with thinner, really worn down darts. My newer batch of darts will probably get better results.
Posted Image

My new Pumpshot Gun. It's got pretty much all the mods on the Level 2 mod for it, minus the rubber foam in the front of the plunger tube. The barrel is sanded out PETG so 17/32" brass could fit in there, then the outside has been sanded so it can fit inside the 19/32" brass. I also have 2 of the stock springs in there as well as a spring from ACE. This one actually works really well. With the same thin, worn down darts, it hits about 115'.
Posted Image

My Magstrike. It's got one clip with 17/32" brass barrels, and 3 clips waiting to be PETG'd.
Posted Image

PETG'd SSII. I've got an idea for this one. I still gotta see if it'll work out. Might see more on this one later.
Posted Image

And, lastly, the internals of my in-progress NiteMav. I've been working on this one for a little while. The turret has 17/32" brass barrels and the Nitefinder plunger tube has a cut down Handyman spring in it.
Posted Image

Edited by Retiate, 14 September 2007 - 12:26 AM.

#842 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

I'm a new member but I have been modding for about a year now. Here is some of my work.

I will start with my copper Longshot. Ranges are around 90'. Sidearm integration on the way with possible tan and black paintjob.
Posted Image

Next is my Big/Biggish/Bigger Salvo. It has couplers attached to the airtanks and I have many different combinations for it with my four cpvc barrels and my 4 bigger salvo barrels. In the picture it is my Biggish Salvo with two long cpvc barrels and two bigger salvo barrels. I know they're crooked it's all for a good spread. :P
Posted Image

This is my mini Big Blast. Stock barrel with air restrictor removed. Ranges are long but not measured yet.
Posted Image

This is my blow gun/sword. Very accurate. Scores good on the TTG board thing.
Posted Image

This is my own design. It is a Longshot sidearm with a cpvc barrel. It has an o-ring on it and it goes into the plunger tube like the normal barrel. It's replacing the stock plunger/barrel. Ranges are very good compared to stock. If you want a writeup or ranges just ask me for it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Last and clearly not least my in progress Angel Big Bad Bow. All I need to do is make the clip and the breech closing opening arm.
Posted Image

Edited by Foam_Shooter, 15 September 2007 - 11:27 AM.

#843 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

My singled Reactor. :P Yea its a werid one but it shoots about 45-50 feet. I know I can get more range out of it if I fill more of the dead space. I just ran out of poolnoodle I only had a scrap piece.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#844 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:13 PM

Damn, that's pretty smart Z-man!

I'm guessing there's a "catch" so the darts don't fall out at the back right? (piece of paperclip, etc.)

If you need to fill the dead space, could you drill holes in the balls it came with, and shove cpvc through them?

Edited by b00m13, 15 September 2007 - 02:16 PM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#845 Pyromaniakal22

Pyromaniakal22

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:07 PM

This is my Firefly and Mav after spray painting.
Posted Image
The Firefly is stock, other than the fact that i mounted its internal flashbulb on the outside for night games. For the Mav, all i did was remove the air restricters and cut out the pegs to allow the breach to open to its full distance. Each of these gets around 30' or so.

Next is my Longshot. After adding a second spring, it gets around 100' range with fairly good accuracy. Some of the other things i did to it (aside from painting it) was to add a laser sight to the front of the gun, two small blue LED tac lights on the sides, and the flash mechanism from an old disposable camera on the side. I also e-taped the two clips side by side for easier reloading. It works amazingly for night battles. (Also, the belt is a shotgun ammo belt i picked up at a military resupply. It's the perfect size for Nerf darts.)
Posted Image

Finally, there are my three Nightfires. (Noticing a trend in paint scheme yet?) Each has a larger spring and gets about 50-60' very accurately. The Nightfire on the top also has two additional barrels. These are from the key chain secret shot.
Posted Image

Edited by Pyromaniakal22, 15 September 2007 - 10:41 PM.

"Some men see things as they are and ask, why. I dream of things that never were and say, why not."
--John F. Kennedy

#846 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:57 PM

Damn, that's pretty smart Z-man!

I'm guessing there's a "catch" so the darts don't fall out at the back right? (piece of paperclip, etc.)

If you need to fill the dead space, could you drill holes in the balls it came with, and shove cpvc through them?

No catch as of yet... It actuly works kind of like an inline clip with loose darts. I found that out today.

No you couldn't use the balls. They are too small and don't fit that tight in the barrel its self.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#847 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

my at3ks
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

my single minimized titan(yeah i know its not that minimized...)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#848 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

Foam shooter would you care to teach us how to CPVC mod the front gun of the longshot please?

Crossbow Mod.

#849 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

Pyromaniakal22, I take it you're waiting in line for Halo 3 too. Nice paintjobs, but it would have gone better with the Halo theme if you put an orange like that of the front of Chief's helmet where yo had red.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#850 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

This was my 1st and only NF. The fact that's it's still in mostly one piece is nothing short of a miracle since I've taken it apart and re-assembled it ... over 10 times.
I've breeched it only for the looks because my friend requested it. It does not have a good seal because I don't have the proper tubes so it doesn't really work.... but luckily for me, my friend didn't ask for a "working" clipped NF.
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users