Photo

At2k Shotgun

38 replies to this topic

#26 kickass jb

kickass jb

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

I assume your questioning my results ninja? That is what I measured, mind you my tank is bigger than the stock one (as you can see) and it's a wider too as aforementioned (which you can't see that well). I also have a longer barrel to take advantage of the larger air tank. Those are my ranges, if you don't believe me, try it yourself or just read some other thread.

P.S. people make claims of getting 100' flat with a single AT2K, how is it that hard to believe getting 118' flat with an AT2K with a tank replacement and barrel lengthening?

Edited by kickass_jb, 16 June 2005 - 06:59 PM.

My arsenal:

RF20, Rototrack, 3x AT3K, 4x AT2K,Big Salvo,SS1,SSII,
2x SSPB,SM 1500,Rangshot,2x EaB,2x Mav,2x NF,
eagle eye,2x BBB,2x SM3000, 2x Tek 6, PC

#27 MysticNinja

MysticNinja

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

I question how you replaced the tank with vinyl tubing, and if all you did was replacing the tubing I question your ranges. In other words I assumed a typo.
An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

#28 mrfishy

mrfishy

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:40 AM

Sawed off style
I fish
I nerf
I rule!!!!

The fish make cat dance: http://www.albinobla...sh/kittycat.php
mhahahahahah!!!!! Eat it Motha Buzzering cats!!

#29 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:49 AM

Very nice!....
Another cool idea would be if you could have a double barrel shotgun, western style.
Where you would insert two shells, fire the gun, then open it up and the shells pop out, ready for more.

Posted Image

That might be my next project... After the Sc-20k FAR.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#30 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:51 PM

Very nice!....
Another cool idea would be if you could have a double barrel shotgun, western style.
Where you would insert two shells, fire the gun, then open it up and the shells pop out, ready for more.

That might be my next project... After the Sc-20k FAR.

That sounds cool, but I think it would be better without shells. Shells and shell ejection are cool, but I don't think they are very war-effecient. You could gut a Double Shot and use its shell to do that!

Nice 2K.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#31 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:31 PM

That would work.
I should start making plans.
Yeah, maybe shells would be a little too difficult consdering having to find room for a bolt and all the other stuff.
I'll post up plans when I get to it.

I should probably use the guts of an at2k, I just dont know where to find one...

Edited by Ronster, 21 June 2005 - 01:37 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#32 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:23 PM

I wouldn't question his flat AT2k results- I'm getting 110' with mine, you can ask Air for verification- I use the rolling ruler thing, and measured my shot. He borrowed it for his presentation, didn't believe me, shot it himself, and now he believes me as well. We will both vouch for 110' and MAYBE a little more with some kick-ass darts. Then again, this is all single barreled.

I'd say go with the shotgun idea, but just load the darts into the barrels already there. A good example would be making the shells (on the double shot) back-less, and glue in the shells onto the little ring within the barrels. Therefore, you just push the shells all the way in until they lock, load the darts, then the backs, and flip it up. No need for future shells. The only problem with this is that it requires you find a replacement for the flat o-rings coming from the chambers- they aren't big enough to seal a dart-sized hole, I've tried it.

~ompa

#33 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:03 PM

I was even thinking of upgrading it from just a regular shotgun to the shotgun from Halo.
The Halo shotgun has an extra chamber on to of the barrel witch could be used to store shells. Then when you cock the gun it pulls the bolt back, locking the plunger in place, releasing the empty shell and being replaced by a fresh one.
I find it an easier concept then tring to go with a double barrel shotgun.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#34 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:22 AM

shotgun from Halo

Sounds familiar. Oh yes: http://nerfhaven.com..... shotgun&st=0

#35 Yazz

Yazz

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:22 PM

You could make it magazine fed instead of having a chamber. I can't think of a pretty way of making a chamber.
Soilent Green IS People!!!!!

#36 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:04 PM

I dont really care for the magazines since they turn out big and dont carry many darts. I would rather go with the chamber.
Posted Image
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#37 Yazz

Yazz

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

Are you going to make it pump-action? That would be cool. I think the chamber is a good idea, but it may take a while to get right. The gun would have to be pretty big to hold shells (assuming you are using shells) and it would be an awkward mechanism to load each shell, everytime you cock it.
Soilent Green IS People!!!!!

#38 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:25 PM

I was going to go with spring loaded.
I could have a really long plunger and bolt that would go all the way back into the butt of the gun. Its a little complicated but Im working on it.
Im also using some ideas from looking at an airsoft shotgun.
It would be about the same concept.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

#39 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

as always CustomSnake i am big fan of your work. Very nice mod, one question though, does it fire all kinds of darts or only stefans/other homemades?

~Shadow~

Edited by The Shadow, 23 May 2006 - 03:56 PM.

I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users