Barrels -o- fun

51 replies to this topic

#51 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 03:21 PM

It's an interesting concept, and it might be cool exploring the world and making weapons and stuff. But I have to remember the bagage that comes along with playing a massmog. It means countless hours doing boring shit like mining and killing wamprats. Thats all well and good, but it takes hours. I like the idea of starting out small and working your way up, and granted it might be cool in the long run. I don't know about you guys, but I have homework and a shit load of it. I played a couple of these games while I was in high school and even then they distracted me from my studies, and were fairly simple games (alright...neopets, but I know no one dares make fun of me or I'll be whoopin' some serious ass!). Anyway now that I'm in college I really don't have time for such things. I barely have time for nerf and I do that how often?

The other beef I have is the fact that small intricate details about Star Wars are becoming mainstream and taking the focus off of basic ideas that were aparent in the story. For example, Vibroblades. We've already discussed what a Vibroblade is, but what I don't understand is why they are being used all of a sudden, and why blasters have been turned into shit weapons. Blasters emit an electrical pulse that surges throughout your body causing serious nerve damage and in most cases sudden death. Why the hell do you think everyone had one. They're the most economical and deadly weapons in the god damn universe, and all of a sudden folks are using Vibroblades again. I don't think I'll ever understand it. All of a sudden we've got a bunch of dipshit Jedi wannabes throwing around blades like they're lightsabers, when in actuality there is very little similarity. A lightsaber deflects laser blast, making it a useful in a gun fight. Why in Gods name do you bring a sword to a gunfight. It's the regular dumbass thing to do. Your sword is real pretty and I'm sure if you got close enough to me, it would suck to be me, but hell, I'll just shoot you. It all goes back to the fact that there are only a few Star Wars games that work. I'm sure this game would be extremely interested, but with the turn that Star Wars has taken, and thus Lucas Arts, has not been positive. You want to fight SW style, go get Dark Forces and Jedi Knight, NOT OUTCAST, and see what the genre is really about. Sorry about the rant, disgruntled fan out,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#52 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 07:41 PM

... and that's why melee guys get owned by range. No one is stupid enough to do that. No, you can't deflect shit with a vibroblade, but you get certain bonuses that ranged guys do not.

Exploring the world and fragging shit is fun as hell man. Some people have diff. tastes. Some weirdos enjoy grinding so they can become good crafters.

If you're good, you can one hit with blasters :)
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users