Star Wars Galaxies

Barrels -o- fun

51 replies to this topic

#1 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:14 PM

Anyone planning on playing besides me? :) The game looks like a blast, and even better for all you star wars fans! :D

Star Wars Galaxies!
Remeber what Bilibo used to say:

"Its a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you dont keep your feet, there's no knowing where you'll be swept off to."

#2 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:54 PM

Heh, I made a topic earlier about this, but it got buried under all of this. I plan to most certainly play it! But.. I need a new vid card..
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

#3 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 09:16 PM

Looks pretty awesome, especially being a storm trooper, but i'm more interested in Everquest II. I'm going to try to beta test for it because I have no interest in paying monthly bills and don't plan to anythime soon!
Happiness is a foam gun.

#4 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 09:36 AM

Looks pretty awesome, especially being a storm trooper, but i'm more interested in Everquest II. I'm going to try to beta test for it because I have no interest in paying monthly bills and don't plan to anythime soon!

I don't think you can be a storm trooper.. sadly.

This will be one of the most detailed and incredible MMORPG's ever made.
but we do sh*t and F---"

#5 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 01:20 PM

SWG is going to suck wookie cock. BIG, HAIRY, WOOKIE, COCK!!! All there is to do is either moisture farm, make fuckin pottery, or be some sort of bard. Sure, yah can be a Bounty Hunter.... BUT YOU CAN'T HUNT OTHER PLAYERS!! It appears the old addage about "2 wrongs" holds true. Verant and Lucasarts did not make a right.....
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#6 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 03:50 PM

Sure, yah can be a Bounty Hunter.... BUT YOU CAN'T HUNT OTHER PLAYERS!!

Er...Except you can...if they have a bounty placed on thier head you can kill them. Also, there is lots more to do than be a farmer or pottery maker. you need to go read more on the site. this game is going to be amazing. did you ever think that there would be guns? Or perhaps vibro-blades or light sabers. just because that SWG implaments pottery and farming dosnt mean that is what its based around. they are also coming out with a space expansion where you can fly ships, and get into dog fights. yes, there are "art" skills, but they are obviously overpowerd by fighting and weaponry skills. i suggest you do alittle more research before you dishonor the Wookiee race like you did. you are going to end up with a snapped neck.... :alien:

"Its a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you dont keep your feet, there's no knowing where you'll be swept off to."

#7 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:52 PM

Hahaha!

Vonoska, where do you live and what server do you want to play on? Maybe we can like meet up or something and group together.
but we do sh*t and F---"

#8 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:17 AM

Actually, reading what they developers have been saying in interviews, they have said that bounty hunters will not be able to kill other players. You can have bounties placed on NPCs who you can go kill for exp. Woot. Also, all the developers seem to be pushing the whole fishing/farming/economy side of the game so much that it seems they are trying to avoid commenting on the combat at all. Kind of makes you wonder how much the combat is gonna suck. Also, they are limiting the number of jedis in the game, and supposedly making it extreemily difficult to play.

Also, from what I understand; pants.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#9 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:11 PM

HM! well...this is interesting. but so far from what ive read this game is still going to be cool. im sure the combat will grow and become better as the game does. remeber mmorpgs have patches and upgrades all the time, changing the roles and skills of everything.

To GunnedDown: Im not sure what server i'll play on, but i live in Washington State, along with my friend GandalfInArmor who is also planning on playing. If there is some kind of search for players within the game, my name will almost certianly be Vonoska. so i hope to see you there. WE WILL SHOW THESE NON-BELIEVERS! HAH! ^_^

#10 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:17 PM

Vonoska doesn't sound too starwarsy.. Maybe if it was your last name...

We should start a Nerf PA for only tight friends!
but we do sh*t and F---"

#11 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:24 PM

you can't be a storm trooper!!! Whats up with that? And you can't kill other players? What sort of RPG is that when you can't even kill whomever you want? A lame one, thats for sure! I thought it was an imperial vs. rebel forces sort of thing, almost like that planetside game but roleplaying rather than shooting. That would've been brilliant! party of storm troopers raiding farmlands. Sigh* What a disapointment. And who would ever want to be a farmer? Why do they even have that as an option?
Happiness is a foam gun.

#12 Howard

Howard

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:14 PM

They're limiting the number of jedi masters, not jedis. I think it's a... if you get killed as a jedi only once, you can never become a jedi master.

#13 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:27 PM

No, they are limiting jedi-age. You have to play for a while and progress far into the game in order to unlock what they call a "force-sensitive slot", where you can create a new character that is "Force-Sensitive"; in other words, a jedi. There is a permadeath system implemented, and when you die with your FS Char, you don't clone again at the cloning factory and you go back to the old character where you can re-earn (after some work) your FS character.

There will be PvP in this game, and I believe if you are an Imperial, you can openly attack rebels and vice versa.
but we do sh*t and F---"

#14 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 06:07 PM

If you can kill other players than why can't there be bounties on their heads?
Happiness is a foam gun.

#15 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 10:10 AM

You CAN kill PC's as a bounty hunter AND NPC's. I dont know where they got the idea that a bounty hunter couldnt kill other people...i mean...if they cant there would be no point to the profession. there are bounties on the heads of PC's and NPC's. how do i know this? if you read the fourms on the site, you can read up on alot of the E3 stuff, and sometimes, not very often becuase it gets deleted quickly, someone will break the er..thingy where they are binded by agreement not to talk about beta. but YOU CAN KILL PLAYERS! but it has to be in a certian area, so you have to wait and stalk them, you cant just walk into a cantina and blast them, much like you couldnt do that in real life, or you would have a lot of trouble. this game is going to be awesome.
-Vonoska

#16 Vonoska

Vonoska

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 03:14 PM

For anyone who was wondring...

Quote from Q3PO a developer

"I don't think the release date can be 'leaked". Until LucasArts gives an official announcement, the release date isn't official. We have officially announced "Summer 2003" and yes, this time we mean it."

#17 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 05:55 PM

The release date is Jun 26th and will cost 15 dollars a month for month to month pay. -_-
but we do sh*t and F---"

#18 GandalfInArmor

GandalfInArmor

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 10:29 PM

you pre-ordered it yet? i've heard you probably won't get your hands on one for a while unless you pre-order it.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan

#19 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:27 AM

I think i'm gonna pre order soon. I also am going to get a GeForce FX series card.
but we do sh*t and F---"

#20 GandalfInArmor

GandalfInArmor

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:57 PM

i'll probalby be getting one of those soon as well. i don't think my computer can handle the insanely good graphics. just 5 days left...........

hope to see ya on the servers
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan

#21 Sacapuntas Cabesa

Sacapuntas Cabesa

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 08:21 PM

I was excited until I learned it was a Morrowwind-esque game. I thought I would enjoy these kind of games, but ElderScrolls proved me wrong. The combat was absolutely horrible. Might as well not have been there. I will avoid this game like the plague, and because you can't rent PC games, I will probably never play it. And $15/month is a bit much for me.
If the world is so unfair, why isn't it ever unfair in my favor?

Dinobot smash!!!

#22 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 12:22 AM

This is why SWG blows.

Seriously though, this game IS all about the crafting, pottery, and farming. Every review that I read about bards/painters/smiths/bakers gives the game stellar reviews saying that it is the immersive socially interactive simulator that all MMORPG's should be. Every review I have read about combat and hunting and blowing shit up describes it as the most boring combat system in any MMORPG with a PvP system that is only marginally better than EQ's. Now, I love Star Wars, I mean, I REALLY love Star Wars. I have 2 compelete VHS sets of the Original Trilogy, I own 3 life size standups, I have SW posters from it's ORIGINAL 1977 release, I have a good sized collection of SW Insider, 2 Lithographs, 3 coffee mugs, 2 ornaments, a glass, multiple tech/culture guides, tons of figures, and 2 lightsabers. But I'm not gonna pay $15 a month TO BE A FUCKIN MOISTURE FARMER. If I'm going to play a Star Wars video game, I wanna be a god damn Jedi. I want a lightsaber and I want to be able to run around and FSU. I don't have to be the best at killing shit, but I at least want to be good at it and I want it to be fun and interesting. Shadowbane (my present MMORPG of choice) may be laggy, it may have long-term game model flaws, and I may be stuck on a Carebear server, but it's PvP/combat system is by far better than any other MMORPG released or in development.

So yeah, if you want to play SWG, cool, rock on, enjoy, when they ACTUALLY put space combat in, implement a non-pussy PvP system, and make it so a casual gamer can be a Jedi, let me know.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#23 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 02:57 AM

Famine's reply seriously sums up everything I feel about SWG at this point, seeing as how I'm an avid Star Wars freak too (though not as fanatical as Famine I think).

It is for those reasons why Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is still the best SWG ever.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#24 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:55 PM

...why ...

That made me want to play SWG even more, actually...
but we do sh*t and F---"

#25 Sacapuntas Cabesa

Sacapuntas Cabesa

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:55 PM

Making an R2 droid and showing it off to people trying to sell it would be awesome. However, it's not $15/month awesome. Owning a moisture plantation would be awesome. But not $15/month awesome.

If there wasn't a monthly fee, I would definately convince one of my friends to split the cost of it with me. (The above isn't worth $60, either.)
If the world is so unfair, why isn't it ever unfair in my favor?

Dinobot smash!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users