Homemades Picture Thread

Photos of Homemade Nerf Guns

1306 replies to this topic

#101 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:36 PM

does there need to be a sort of bladder or could i just have a bike pump attached to airtight pvc pipe shamber, and then have a ball or some sort of other valve? because me and my friends are starting a "league" and wed like people to make their own. I tried to post some pictures but have no clue how..... We used more intricate desings based off of Captain Slugs Dchap-1 Found Here
I'm with the vampires of course.

Rawr.

#102 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:54 PM

My first homemade, extremely simple, but a beast.

Posted Image
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#103 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

My first homemade, extremely simple, but a beast.

Posted Image

What kind of trigger does it use?
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#104 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

Hidden inside the handle there is a standard clothespin trigger, you can see the tip of it sticking out. I just push down on the bottom part of the clothespin, it is not much different than putting a mounting bracket trigger on.
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#105 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

I made a basic air gun but on the end I made a ...

Posted Image

Ten shot shogun attachment from a DTG

My little bro opened his DTG and lost everything except for the turret. So I wrapped it in duct tape, shoved it in a 3 inch PVC coupler with reducers down to my 3/4 inch ball valve attached to my tank It goes 70 feet with a great spread. I plan to use in indoor wars for the most part. The turret is almost a perfect fit, it only needed a little duct tape to make a perfect seal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#106 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

It's been a while since I've had something "done" enough to post in this thread...

I've given this gun a proper name, rather than Big SNAP Ballgun. Going back to the whole bumblebee thing, I had the name Stinger lodge in my brain. So, this is the SNAP-1 Stinger.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The blaster body was covered with transparent adhesive film that was printed in a Xerox. I did this one in a solid yellow because it was the image I had in mind for it...but it worked well enought that I'll definitely be using some more complicated graphcs in the future.

Edited by Carbon, 28 October 2007 - 05:53 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#107 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:13 PM

Carbon. THAT is insane! It looks so professional!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#108 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:09 PM

ABP5K, currently lost to the ethers of Canada. Don't know when I'll get around to making another one (if ever).
Posted Image
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#109 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:17 PM

ethers of canada?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#110 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

ethers of canada?

See: http://nerfhaven.com...ic=9706&st=135#
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#111 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

In the words of Quentin Tarentino from Pulp Fiction..."Oak's nice."

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Why? Because I thought it was funny.

Edited by Carbon, 31 October 2007 - 09:47 PM.

#112 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:33 PM

I'm not sure about funny, but it is nice! Is that the inline clip on the front, there?

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#113 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:38 PM

I'm not sure about funny, but it is nice! Is that the inline clip on the front, there?

There's no accounting for my sense of humor, I guess. Anyway, that's my pump action breech on the front.

#114 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:04 AM

Looks sweet Carbon. I'll have to have you print out a plaid sticker for me, if I ever get around to finishing either of my SNAPs.

#115 NerfRifleman

NerfRifleman

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

Here is my first homemade the CAR, its is directly based off of Boltsnipers FAR (thank you so much), with my own modifications to the plunger, mag well, mag catch, and shells.

here is an overall shot of the CAR with the mag removed
Posted Image

it still needs a paint job and i am currently thinking of possible color schemes (i am open to any suggestions)

Here is a detail of the mag well and as you can see there is a lot of screws holding it together because i made the well completely out of bass wood craft plywood and must be bolted to the receiver.
Posted Image

the ranges are typical to Boltsniper's FAR, but not as far as i wanted :( because i had some problems with the seal with the bolt and shells.

these were fired level on concrete

79'
81'
78'
82'
the stefans started to drop at 75 feet
Max Range: 80'
Effective range:75'
Accurate Range:70'

#116 nmc2

nmc2

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:55 AM

Hi im a noob. Im trying to make a homemade to get a better understanging of NERF. Tell me, has anyone ever used a bike pump to make a gun? plz tell me the problems i might of missed. Any advice/criticism is welcome.

thnx,
n=mc2
E=mc^2
Energy=Mass x Speed of light in a vacuum (in celeritas) squared
N=mc^2
Nerf=Mass of air in tank x Speed of air release in a barrel squared

"the whole damn song is a pick up line"

#117 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

If I were You, I'd use the search function instead of posting in this thread without a gun to speak of. If you are looking to build one, I'd suggest studying what's been done via the homemade gun directory.

#118 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:53 AM

Hi im a noob. Im trying to make a homemade to get a better understanging of NERF. Tell me, has anyone ever used a bike pump to make a gun? plz tell me the problems i might of missed. Any advice/criticism is welcome.

thnx,
n=mc2

I don't know if this is backseat moderating or anything, but read the post above you... or get the fuck out.

NerfRifleman, that thing looks awesome! I think it deserves it's own thread.

#119 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

Great work, Rifle. Does your gun fire megas like the FAR, or do you have a nested brass barrel and some inserts in those shells?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#120 NerfRifleman

NerfRifleman

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:05 AM

it does not use megas, but it uses micro stefans.

The shell is a variant of boltsnipers FAR shells, only there has been a CPVC added to the inside of the shell to accomadate the micros. if you look at boltsnipers FAR thread (which im sure you all have) i used the same barrel only i inserted a brass barrel into it. so when the shell is chambered, the CPVC in the shell lines up with the brass in the barrel almost perfectly.

i hope that anwers your question Shadow.
Thanks for the comments everyone.

#121 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:25 PM

Posted Image
Really simple homemade gun... You pull the little string/wire on the top then let go and the dart (I think this gun will fit Megas but for now I'm using some big darts bought at the Dollor Store) will go about 15 feet. This is my first homemade gun- so its not very good.
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#122 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:45 PM

CPVC in the shell lines up with the brass in the barrel almost perfectly.

Is there any problem with the dart's transition from CPVC to brass? If not, I think my redesign of my shotgun concept might work. Since brass shells are expensive and time-consuming to make, I was going to use CPVC ones.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#123 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

I am impressed.
Especially with Carbon, Cpt. Slug, and -- I'm proud to say a name I haven't said before -- Nerfrifleman.

Gorgeous guns, guys. I haven't been around for a while but it was worth stopping in.

Myself -- for those one or two of you wondering -- I've got two sets of plans on the table but have been broke for a while. I can't wait to get some money, get started, and add more of my work to this thread.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#124 NerfRifleman

NerfRifleman

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

Actually, i was going to use CPVC shells in place of the 1/2 inch shells, but the bolt face would have been smaller, meaning that the ejector pin, extractor, and everything else would have had to be at least 3/4 of the size they are now, and i just don't have the tools precise enough to do that.

And no, i don't have any problem w/ the CPVC lining up w/ the brass (at least not yet)
you just have to be careful when positioning the brass and barrel-to-shell o-ring.

#125 nmc2

nmc2

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:40 PM

After reading the FAR homemade writeup and seeing the trobles with the bolts getting pushed up into the gun
I was wondering if you had a "upside down gun" as in the magazine would be going down into the gun would that solve any poblems? make new ones? plz answer
- N=MC2
E=mc^2
Energy=Mass x Speed of light in a vacuum (in celeritas) squared
N=mc^2
Nerf=Mass of air in tank x Speed of air release in a barrel squared

"the whole damn song is a pick up line"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users