Pretty much done...

37 replies to this topic

#26 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:32 PM

Until the whole barrel looks hollow. Remember, the barrel is the piece with holes on BOTH sides, and an o-ring on one side. Just drill through that.

~ompa

#27 Marine

Marine

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:55 PM

Posted Image

The thing in front of the spring is the barrel? And it is only in one place?

Let me get this straight:

1. Open it up.
2. Take the barrel in hand.
3. Drill through the barrel from where the opening is (I assume you start drilling from where you put the dart in) until you get to the very back of the barrel and stop. ???
4. Put it back together and get about 40' with stefans.

Is this right?

EDIT: Is there any way I can drill through it without a dremel? It is 40 bucks! I don't have enough money right now. If there is an alternative I'll take it please...?

Edited by Marine, 08 May 2005 - 09:10 PM.

#28 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:17 AM

there are to things in front of the spring the one that covers the other one is the plunger and the one that gets covered is the barrel
for dremel alternative start out with just a hand drill but once you get to the thing the gets pushed back by the dart it'll just spin so you can't drill through it. when that happened to me I held it still with a straightend paper clip and drilled.

NOTE: make sure the drill bit is a good size so you don't mess up the barrel
good luck

Edited by euphemism, 15 May 2005 - 09:18 AM.

#29 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:27 AM

Yes, there is something that has ONE opening and the other has TWO. The piece with 2 openings is where the dart goes. If you look into it, you can't see out the other side. You drill through it (try a drill press?) until it is no longer obstructing the path.

~ompa

#30 VGN

VGN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

When I mod my scout, I will give it a much better spring.
The founder of the NNN!
Behold!

#31 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

And see how long the catch mechinism can take it. Just look at it, the catch mech is pathetic! I'd suggest against it, you risk decreasing the lifespan of your scout.

~ompa

#32 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:30 AM

If I were to drill out the air restrictor, wouldn't the pole in the center of the barrel where you put the nerf dart come with it or break?

So if I were to drill out the air restrictor and look through the opening (front) of the barrel, what should I see? You should give use better detail so that we understand and dont screw up and make our guns worse.

Edited by SG Pilot, 13 August 2005 - 08:42 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#33 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 12:56 PM

If I were to drill out the air restrictor, wouldn't the pole in the center of the barrel where you put the nerf dart come with it or break?

I believe that is the point. The peg and the air restrictor need to be taken out to maximize the airflow. Impeding the air flow means the gun gets less range, our goal is to get as much range out of these guns as possible. Most of us take the restrictor and peg out because stock darts aren't commonly used.

Edit: By the way, I would encourage that you start to let your post per day count to decrease some. You've made some posts, and asked some questions. If you have other questions, feel free to do some searching of the forums and googling before you ask additional questions.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#34 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

Will the stock darts be okay without the peg in the barrel?

After this day, I'm not gonna be posting in a week, by the way.

Edited by SG Pilot, 13 August 2005 - 01:20 PM.

#35 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

Will the stock darts be okay without the peg in the barrel?

After this day, I'm not gonna be posting in a week, by the way.

Yes, the dart pegs on newer nerf guns don't fit tight inside the darts, unlike older guns.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#36 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

Okay, great! I'll give the Scout a shot and maybe later see if I can nest in some kind of PETG barrel or something. Thanks <_<

~SGP

*Aprox. 5 minutes later*

So I dremel the back of the barrel and come into a hollow spot where theres a black spring and it's before the place where you put your dart. Do I keep drilling?

Edited by SG Pilot, 13 August 2005 - 02:25 PM.

#37 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:11 PM

Yeah, you want a clean hole through the back and you should be able to see all the way through.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#38 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

Okay, well I wasn't so shure since I'm such a n000b at this stuff. I was afraid of screwing up and loosing my gun. Thanks for the help ^_^

Edited by SG Pilot, 09 September 2005 - 05:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users