battery charger

battery charger lipo flywheel flywheels electric

11 replies to this topic

#1 AnOoB

AnOoB

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

So i've wanted to mod my stryfe for a long time and i've been searching for a battery, motors etc. but the only problem i have is finding an affordable charger: https://www.conrad.n...cks-237921.html

It is so cheap that i wasn't sure whether it is just really crappy or not.

The page is in Dutch but you can auto-translate it with google chrome or put it in translate.

hopefully someone can tell me if it is any good.

EDIT: i want to use it for this battery: http://www.hobbyking...idProduct=31972

Edited by AnOoB, 18 June 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#2 MavMaster

MavMaster

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

i would guess it would work,  as electronics technology seems to have gotten really cheap in general.  any idea what that price would look like in dollars?

also, you could possibly consider getting a airsoft gun battery, for the sake of compatibility.

did you get the battery yet?  you might be able to get this cheaper.  i got them for my stryfe, and they worked fine.  it looks like your not in the us, so you may not be able to get them. 

i didn't get the battery yet but what do you mean with the sake of compatibility?

To be able to use it in AEGs and in nerf blasters?

battery and charger compatibility, and yes, if you ever get into airsoft it would be helpful to have a battery. 11.1 is pretty high for most AEG's, so you could only use it in a nice gun.

and a funny question; would you need a MOSFET for your rapidstrike? you usualy want one for li-po's in airsoft, so what about for a nerf gun?

Edited by MavMaster, 19 June 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#3 AnOoB

AnOoB

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

i didn't get the battery yet but what do you mean with the sake of compatibility?

To be able to use it in AEGs and in nerf blasters?

#4 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:59 AM

2S/3S? Just go to Hobbyking. $7 for a basic charger, and they have warehouses all over the world. http://www.hobbyking...ct_Charger.html

#5 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:56 AM

If your getting inexpensive lipo batteries, invest the extra and get a quality charger, instead of going inexpensive for both (using the word cheap has to many meaning which is why I didn't)

#6 AnOoB

AnOoB

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

2S/3S? Just go to Hobbyking. $7 for a basic charger, and they have warehouses all over the world. http://www.hobbyking...ct_Charger.html

thnx! i didnt see that one at hobbyking.

If your getting inexpensive lipo batteries, invest the extra and get a quality charger, instead of going inexpensive for both (using the word cheap has to many meaning which is why I didn't)

can you explain why? because otherwise i am just going for the charger that Silverhead linked. I dont think it really matters though, that charger is so inexpensive that i can just buy another one if i'll be using more lipo's.

#7 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:19 PM

thnx! i didnt see that one at hobbyking.

can you explain why? because otherwise i am just going for the charger that Silverhead linked. I dont think it really matters though, that charger is so inexpensive that i can just buy another one if i'll be using more lipo's.

Are good solid smart charger is gonna cost you and smart chargers are the way to go be cause they cut off when the battery is fully charged making it safer as well

#8 Phillip Roy

Phillip Roy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:04 AM

Get some IMRs from Lion Wholesale. They are AA sized and can be paired with dummy batteries for some good voltages. Furthermore, they are cheap and rechargeable.

Edit: And now I know! Thanks shandsgator8.

Edited by Phillip Roy, 21 June 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#9 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:52 PM

Get some IMRs from Lion Wholesale. They are AA sized and can be paired with dummy batteries for some good voltages. Furthermore, they are cheap and rechargeable!

Generally speaking, this is a bad idea. Don't use AA sized lithium batteries, especially if you are able to utilize LiPo packs that can handle higher current draws.

#10 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

Get some IMRs from Lion Wholesale. They are AA sized and can be paired with dummy batteries for some good voltages. Furthermore, they are cheap and rechargeable.

Edit: And now I know! Thanks shandsgator8.

Glad you mentioned that site, just picked up imrs and a charger for a reasonable price.

#11 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

Generally speaking, this is a bad idea. Don't use AA sized lithium batteries, especially if you are able to utilize LiPo packs that can handle higher current draws.

I think we can both agree that the best batteris to use depends on the extent of the mod. If it's just a rewire and motor side grade (same size better quality) then you don't nessacarily need to go into lipo territory. Also not everyone wants to do the shell mods and or battery tray mod to utilize a lipo.

However a upgrade involving voltmeter, shot counters, arduino controlling, major motor upgrade (180 for example) definitely would require a lipo upgrade.

#12 AnOoB

AnOoB

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

i guess this would be a better but affordable charger?

http://www.hobbyking...idproduct=95979

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery, charger, lipo, flywheel, flywheels, electric

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users