I did some testing with the bladder. I bought some of the wrong parts, and vastly overestimated my need for layered tubing. I am pretty certain that the next bladder iteration will go down to a single layer of latex rubber tubing. The guide I used is Doom's LRT guide, available on SS-Central, here.
This is the test bladder and there are some problems with it, but it does function as-is at the moment. I made a short video of the functionality of this bladder, available in this link. It is very short but shows the functionality of the bladder while the blaster is fired. With this 6" bladder, and not too much volume, I get three full-powered shots.
Just some general thoughts about the bladder so far.
- It takes a few wasted pumps to inflate the bladder right now. The clamps I have in place on the bladder don't seal well enough until the bladder is a little inflated. In that video, I put about twelve full pumps into the system.
- There's a slow leak. It might be the clamps (they are too wide, I need smaller diameter ones), or it might be a seal somewhere else. It's hard to tell.
- I don't want to over-inflate the bladder; I would be less hesitant if it were better constructed. I wore earplugs while working on this test version so I didn't get tinnitus if something popped and it was gunshot-loud.
- This seems like a decent amount of volume for the bladder (6" length and 1/2" ID). Once everything is sealed and I can put more pumps into it, I imagine this will work well on the blaster.
Edited by Ice Nine, 26 May 2015 - 08:31 PM.