TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

Also, to work around the Eff'ing bug, use the following hack-around:

[b]E[/b]pic
or
[i]E[/i]pic

That's probably as much of a bug as the filter that changes the word equivalent to marksman into loser. In other words, not a bug.

#27 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

Idea for Epic V - a stock round. (No, stock Splats don't count.) Stock blasters, stock ammo. As much as I love modding, this may be interesting just because it'll put the emphasis back on the Nerfer.

Sounds like fun. At the last war we played a couple of the rounds with just stock darts and it was pretty cool.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#28 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

I'm still a maybe, but if I come, I'm bringing some of these with me:

Posted Image

The leftmost three columns are ones I've made since Epic III. I've been looking forward to the next war.

===

Edit: I just purchased 15 wyes from PlumbingSupply.com for $28.08 including S&H. I don't feel like lugging around a lot of change, so I'll be selling them for $2 each. That's a usurious profit of $0.13 per wye.

Edited by taerKitty, 22 July 2010 - 02:48 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#29 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

Depending on if I have any money whatsoever by Effeminate V, considering I just bought a new bike, I'd buy as many as 5. That, or as many as I can without depriving you and everybody else of Wyes. :)
I also need to make some darts...

#30 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

I might be able to find some for sale. :)

Seriously, if you want to be a guniea pig, I have some new weighting mixes I want to try and will be happy to let you give them a test drive.
Fugly is a feature.

#31 Staticforce7

Staticforce7

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

alright so I will be attending with maybe 2-4 people. The only reason we wont is if we accidentally sleep in because its summer. but 10 is a reasonable hour.
also there is a request (optional) to use some... higher caliber guns. maybe just for a round or two...but if not thats cool too. so if you got one, bring it just in case. ?

#32 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:40 PM

alright so I will be attending with maybe 2-4 people. The only reason we wont is if we accidentally sleep in because its summer. but 10 is a reasonable hour.
also there is a request (optional) to use some... higher caliber guns. maybe just for a round or two...but if not thats cool too. so if you got one, bring it just in case. ?

As long as you're not being a douche about it and don't bring something like a Singled titan, it'll be fine. Some people use guns that can shoot 100'+ anyway, and everyone's cool with it.

I'm working on a Supermaxx 1000... I found one at the Seattle Goodwill while I was up there. AND an Sm750! ^_^ Maybe it'll be ready by war time next week, or maybe I'll just pack the Big Blast again. I also still need to make darts, haha. I have the foam, just need to get my ass out to buy weights.
Taer, as long as they fit Cpvc/PETG, I'll be down. I just hate skinny foam. I can't hit anybody from any reasonable distance anyway, so I should be a fine test subject.

Edited by Broderick, 25 July 2010 - 11:41 PM.

#33 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

So, I thought I'd already posted, but apparently not. I should be there.
Please email me rather than sending a PM. I am DarthFreyr at gmail dot com

#34 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

They're M-D Foam, which comes in two sizes. One is a little larger than the other and is super-snug in CPVC. Think 'twist-in'. The other works great in CPVC - it just slides in, but doesn't slide out with something behind it.

The darts are 1-1/2" long. I'll be sure to bring a bunch, and will gladly lend them out.

Of course, that's assuming I make it. I'm guessing myself at 75% or so.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything for the mod contest. Lots of ideas, but nothing concrete.
Fugly is a feature.

#35 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

They're M-D Foam, which comes in two sizes. One is a little larger than the other and is super-snug in CPVC. Think 'twist-in'. The other works great in CPVC - it just slides in, but doesn't slide out with something behind it.

The darts are 1-1/2" long. I'll be sure to bring a bunch, and will gladly lend them out.

Of course, that's assuming I make it. I'm guessing myself at 75% or so.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything for the mod contest. Lots of ideas, but nothing concrete.

That's great. I just did a test of my Red blanks that I have, they're pretty thick foam. You can push it in with some force in to Thickwall PETG, and they're very, very tight in 17/32 Brass, so the thicker foam you're describing should even fit my barrel material!
Did I mention the SM1K has the biggest output of any airtank like, ever? I mean the source, the hole where the air comes out is so wide. Almost twice as wide as a 2K, and the volume is almost bigger than a 3K. I'm taking out the auto-rotate so I can get the best seal possible with the barrel, so if I can get that... the ranges should be delicious.

Edited by Broderick, 26 July 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#36 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

Wyes came in, 10 of them available and up for sale at $2 each. As I said, I'll make $0.13 per, so it's not I'm out to screw anyone. No dibs - first with the cash gets them. I'm not going to be a douche and auction them or sell to a higher purchaser. It's $2 per. If someone else wants to monopolize on the wyes (and douchery), you're welcome to buy them all and jack off the rest of the NIC.

But remember, we'll be armed. :)

Edited by taerKitty, 26 July 2010 - 05:33 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#37 tuna the fish

tuna the fish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

I will be there.

#38 Staticforce7

Staticforce7

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

okay I'm sorry I forgot I have a camping trip this weekend so I will not be attending.

#39 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

Unfortunately, things are looking a bit hazy for me as well...
I've got driving school now, so I don't know if I'll be taking a driving test on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I'm trying for Friday, but we'll see. My summer baseball team that I'm playing on is also going to tournament games, so that may be this weekend as well.
I'm going to hope that I can make it, but put me as a maybe. :[

#40 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

It's looking better for me, but my usual +2 won't be able to make it - he couldn't ask for it off.
Fugly is a feature.

#41 Staticforce7

Staticforce7

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

okay the trip got cancelled. looks like I'm back in. see ya there.

#42 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:21 AM

DAMN BASEBALL AND ITS TOURNAMENTS. I have a game Saturday, so I'm out. :lol:
At least this gives me more time to work on stuff...

#43 pvt butters

pvt butters

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

im there. im gonna have a sexy new nf there with me...havent decided the name yet...suggestions? also is anyone gonna have a stock longshot for sale? id also be interested in a couple o wyes to play around with so taer im a deffinate buyer.

Edited by pvt. butters, 29 July 2010 - 01:02 AM.

have you evere realized that big salvo abbrevation is BS

#44 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

Damn, Brod. Was looking forward to whatever insanity you were going to bring.

Pvt.B, will be happy to provide. Looking forward to meeting you. May I suggest S-n-F (pronounced 'Essin' Eff') for your sexy nite finder?
Fugly is a feature.

#45 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Whoa, sorry for not keeping the thread up to date. The last few weeks have been crazy. First post updated, I would like people to re-read it. That sucks Broderick. I'll see ya at the next one.

Staticforce7: You can bring the " Higher Caliber" blaster and we can test it out before we play.

Everyone ready for the war tomorrow?

Edited by Dayko, 30 July 2010 - 01:54 PM.

#46 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

On the road now. I'll see ya guys in a little bit.

#47 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

I'm out of the house, at my morning commitment. I'll be there, but prolly after noon.
Fugly is a feature.

#48 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

Have fun guys.

#49 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Have fun guys.

We really missed you there. It was a light turnout - only 9 or 10 people were there by the time I arrived at 2PM. We had a lot of fun with Medic and Witch Doctor and something that resulted from gene-splicing Witch Doctor and Bomber Run.

Lows:
- I couldn't get there until 2PM.
- Many of the usual suspects (e.g. Broderick and TantumBull) weren't there.
- My extended-tank LBB with a homebrew lever trigger needs some ergonomic work.

Highs:
- My homemade bumper head darts were a huge hit.
- More than that, everyone who wanted to make them now have samples and molds.
- The cluster-eff that was once a Lego Atlantis Harpoon Blaster (a fancy way of saying "expensive 4B") didn't break on me.
- Nisaburo's inspired MaveRecon.
- Darth Freyr's "easy-to-prime" (my ass!) K14 monster.
- Weather was excellent.
- Last but most certainly not least, seeing all of the Nerfers who made it.

Edited by taerKitty, 31 July 2010 - 11:00 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#50 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

Sounds like a fun war. Too bad I couldn't make it, especially when after being out 10 hours, playing 3 games, and not making it to the championship game.
Whatever, next war I will sell my SM1K if anyone is interested. It's being weird right now, however. I brassed the turret with 9/16", and did the AT2K-pump O-ring seal mod. It should have a fine seal, but you pump it twice (all you really need, the pump is looong and narrow) and it fires around 15 feet. I also removed the auto-rotate and have flared 19/32" that slides over the 9/16" for a real barrel.
I'll also buy some Wyes, and a few [k26] springs if they will be for sale.
Sounds like you guys had fun, I hope I can see some pictures/video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users