My whole town wants to watch you Nerf.

27 replies to this topic

#1 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:20 AM

Posted Image

Im having a local war but I would like to extend an invitation to anyone else who would like to attend.

It will be off RT42 and RT301 or near the 196 + 198 Mile markers on RT71... putting zipcode 44287 into mapquest will get you close...

Attendance will decide where the war will take place. We have several nice but small parks in the area and my plan is to have the war during our Towns "4th of July" celebration. There will be food, entertainment and fireworks. The area I plan to use is a short walk from the festival but almost guaranteed to be free of innocents during the day.

Last year out of the 8 locals promising to attend, 2 showed. one again 8 locals intend to come.

Coming:
West Salem Crew
TEAM DRAGWAY42

Posted Image

Rules are as follows and will be edited periodically until everyone is covered.

1. Bring a Sword or Blaster.
2. Bring a Friend with a Sword or blaster.
3. If your blaster came with an Orange Barrel Tip, It will have an Orange barrel tip on it if you expect to play. If your blaster did not come with an orange barrel tip you should have one anyways. Exceptions Might be made for participants wearing a complete costume.. I will have some pink ribbons and bows available for people who insist on using realistic looking blasters.
4. Any blaster that has been altered from its original barrel/ammo configuration will be inspected and tested, possibly on you.
5. In case of rain there is an indoor facility available to me, Stock darts will be required indoors.
6. Stock Darts will be required in HvZ events. During HvZ events only the players who start as zombies will be permitted a weapon.
7. Anyone using only a completely stock maverick will be given and extra life in all 3/15 events.
8. Anyone under the age of 18 will be wearing eye protection at all times during play.
9. Anyone under the age of 16 will be required to have an adult present (I will allow an Adult to monitor several players) I am also an adult and will happily monitor a few during play.
10. Anyone under the age of 13 will not be permitted to play without their parent or legal guardian present on the playing field during the entire event. (If enough younger players show up will will split them into their own group and move them to another area for play)
11. This event is likely to be overrun by noobs and fngs, All NIC members will be expected to act maturely and show respect to the new players and spectators. Shouting Profanity and acting like a douchbag will not be tolerated. If this event works out well we will have access to the indoor facilities yearlong.

Anyone disobeying the rules will be Ridiculed by the group, extremely erotic, Asked to leave and then possibly removed from the play area via catapult.

#2 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

I will try my best to be there.

Thaygor + 2
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#3 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

I can't do the 26th. I'll be in Florida after the 20th. Any week before that I'm good and could probably bring 1-2 guests.
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#4 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

I can't do the 26th. I'll be in Florida after the 20th. Any week before that I'm good and could probably bring 1-2 guests.

You will be missed.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#5 chop

chop

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

as of right now des and i are a maybe ... i might be fishing north of you i have to check my calander and my bookings

#6 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

as of right now des and i are a maybe ... i might be fishing north of you i have to check my calander and my bookings

I have a stocked pond on my property. Redear Sunfish, Largemouth Bass and Yellow Pearch.

#7 chop

chop

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

I have a stocked pond on my property. Redear Sunfish, Largemouth Bass and Yellow Pearch.

i'll be going for wallies on the eerie

#8 tomorrowsDarkness

tomorrowsDarkness

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

Put me down as a maybe +1

Edit: Make that a maybe +2

Edited by tomorrowsDarkness, 26 May 2010 - 11:31 PM.

Elder of the Brothers Bradshaw.

#9 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:26 PM

Adding some info and bumping....

Exit 196 (SR301) from SR71 will probably be closed If not the exit the bridge, You want to get off at exit 198 (SR539)...

I want to have stock dart rounds and I am considering a 5/0 round. My crew intends to nerf until everyone leaves, and if it gets dark we have enough Lazer Tag blasters to keep the battles going. There will be a fireworks display after dark. You wont find cheaper or better junkfood anywhere.

I am asking people to bring some stock(ish) blasters I want to have a few stock dart pistol rounds and all my Zombie rounds are stock dart... Actually primary 3/15 rounds will be the only time 1/2in stefens will be allowed. If you wanna make megas I will allow any dart that can be fired from my stock AR removed TTG to be used in pistol rounds. One warning about pistol rounds, I am not allowing Pistolsplats I do not care what color it is. I still have to live here and I do not want anyone to be hurt.

#10 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Apparently I will not be able to attend. I'm scheduled to work that day, and one of the girls is getting married, so all the other tech's will be busy spending 18 hours getting dressed (And as such, no one is available to fill in for me).

Edited by Twitch, 05 May 2010 - 09:46 AM.

"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#11 Envythemagicaltwig

Envythemagicaltwig

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

again if i can get a ride and like the other one i can pitch in on gas if need be...but yeah i will go with ride of course
The future is flawless now seek to change that my sons and daughters as we peek into the brim of chaos.

#12 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

Maybe. It depends on friend transportation/Coop if he's going.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#13 mobe

mobe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

Nope, no ride.

Edited by mobe, 10 June 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#14 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:43 PM

Time's been requested off, and the travel plans are being finalized. IL's dropping in.

#15 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

I will be there as well! Repping Chicago, yo.

#16 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

I'll try to be there with my group.

How will the rounds be divided throughout the day? I know you enjoy 3:15, BadWrench, but how much of that will we be playing compared to other game types?

I need to know if I need to make some megas/arrows and mod a blaster or two for that, or will I be ok with just a primary and a pistol for a round or two? (I don't have stock darts)

Also, if I read it correctly, megas and arrows are ok for non primary rounds?

#17 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Im recommending you bring stock ammo and blasters that will shoot stock ammo, I have a revolutionary new game type that I want to try out. I will have some primary rounds but I will be using stock ammo for those also. Id like to have an all magstrike round too... rf20s,wildfires and powerclips are allowed also.

I encourage missiles, arrows and balls too, Stefens and slugs are fine, please no slingshot weights.

Part of my new game type is a limited ammo stock dart round... players carrying 20 rounds or so and picking up ammo. I will have votes for CTF/DTC type games because I intend to play mostly 3:15. Anyone wishing to have Melee rounds will be encouraged to do so during dart sweeps and lunch, no offence but Im here to shoot people not swing a foam penis at eachother.

I will be on the field very early, and I will be at the fair friday also so If anyone is coming down the night before you are welcome to contact me. PM me for my cell if you want.

Remember anyone using a stock mav will be granted an extra life in 3:15 games.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 11 June 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#18 Snake51886

Snake51886

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

If anybody else is going to be staying at a hotel, I'd recommend staying here:

Red Roof Inn
5021 Eastpointe Drive
Medina, OH 44256

If you book on hotels.com its $43 a night. It also includes free continental breakfast and free wifi!

#19 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

ok. Thanks to the wonderful state of ohio you have to drive 20 miles out of your way on a detour to get here now... BOTH bridges that cross SR71 are closed... well they are just gone. So do not trust tomtom, google, garmin and especially not mapquest, here is an alternate and shorter route.

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE NORTH YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THIS MAP TO GET HOME, THERE IS NO BRIDGE TO THE NORTHBOUND EXIT.

http://maps.google.c...36&ie=UTF8&z=11

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE SOUTH YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THIS MAP TO GET HERE, THERE IS NO BRIDGE FROM THE NORTHBOUND EXIT TO WEST SALEM.

http://maps.google.c...73&ie=UTF8&z=12

Now anyone who is coming from the south, Watch your speed there are amish buggies, Tractors, atvs and pickup trucks full of Drunken rednecks coming in and out of Fin Feather and Fur and taking this backroad because of all the road construction it has become a main thoroughfare. There is also a VERY VERY serious hill/jump If you are going over 35 you car will leave the ground.. I suggest 15mph when you see the sign for the "bump"... If I do not get too lazy I will take a pic of the sign and the hill and post it.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 12 June 2010 - 01:13 PM.

#20 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

As it turns out, won't be able to make it after all. I've got some car issues that need takin' care of, and the parts won't arrive 'til after I can leave to reasonably make the war date in time. Next time, man.

#21 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

As it looks right now I will be attending this one. Hopefully i can get some BB darts made in time.
QUOTE(Mr BadWrench @ Apr 18 2010, 05:44 AM) View Post
quote of the year

Camo: OUCH, WHAT WAS THAT!?
Prince Valor: That, Was a HIT!!
IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#22 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:02 PM

Count me as a maybe; I'm checking the parent's schedule and hopefully getting online schoolwork done early, in between work and all. Plus I really want to get one mod polished and ready for war testeing.

Questions (possibly easy to answer, I'm not too conscious right now, and may have missed them):
1) What time are you expecting to start this?
2) Looking at Google maps, where do I park?

Still have plenty of stock stuff, I'm sure I'll be fine as far as that's concerned.

#23 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

Count me as a maybe; I'm checking the parent's schedule and hopefully getting online schoolwork done early, in between work and all. Plus I really want to get one mod polished and ready for war testeing.

Questions (possibly easy to answer, I'm not too conscious right now, and may have missed them):
1) What time are you expecting to start this?
2) Looking at Google maps, where do I park?

Still have plenty of stock stuff, I'm sure I'll be fine as far as that's concerned.

I will be there all morning, when I get enough people to nerf we will begin.... there is a small parking lot right there were we will be playing, I run the car show people out of it but riding wheelies across the yard on my Z400 If no one shows up by 10am Im going home.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 22 June 2010 - 11:43 PM.

#24 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

Setting up my stuff now... got lazer tag stuff packed for tomorrow night, working on bunkers/mobstacles sorting stuff... have a small video game pc gonna be set up at my fair booth and a pile of nerfy stuff for sale.

#25 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

Forgot to add this when I got confirmed: I'm in!

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users