Im having a local war but I would like to extend an invitation to anyone else who would like to attend.
It will be off RT42 and RT301 or near the 196 + 198 Mile markers on RT71... putting zipcode 44287 into mapquest will get you close...
Attendance will decide where the war will take place. We have several nice but small parks in the area and my plan is to have the war during our Towns "4th of July" celebration. There will be food, entertainment and fireworks. The area I plan to use is a short walk from the festival but almost guaranteed to be free of innocents during the day.
Last year out of the 8 locals promising to attend, 2 showed. one again 8 locals intend to come.
West Salem Crew
Rules are as follows and will be edited periodically until everyone is covered.
1. Bring a Sword or Blaster.
2. Bring a Friend with a Sword or blaster.
3. If your blaster came with an Orange Barrel Tip, It will have an Orange barrel tip on it if you expect to play. If your blaster did not come with an orange barrel tip you should have one anyways. Exceptions Might be made for participants wearing a complete costume.. I will have some pink ribbons and bows available for people who insist on using realistic looking blasters.
4. Any blaster that has been altered from its original barrel/ammo configuration will be inspected and tested, possibly on you.
5. In case of rain there is an indoor facility available to me, Stock darts will be required indoors.
6. Stock Darts will be required in HvZ events. During HvZ events only the players who start as zombies will be permitted a weapon.
7. Anyone using only a completely stock maverick will be given and extra life in all 3/15 events.
8. Anyone under the age of 18 will be wearing eye protection at all times during play.
9. Anyone under the age of 16 will be required to have an adult present (I will allow an Adult to monitor several players) I am also an adult and will happily monitor a few during play.
10. Anyone under the age of 13 will not be permitted to play without their parent or legal guardian present on the playing field during the entire event. (If enough younger players show up will will split them into their own group and move them to another area for play)
11. This event is likely to be overrun by noobs and fngs, All NIC members will be expected to act maturely and show respect to the new players and spectators. Shouting Profanity and acting like a douchbag will not be tolerated. If this event works out well we will have access to the indoor facilities yearlong.
Anyone disobeying the rules will be Ridiculed by the group, extremely erotic, Asked to leave and then possibly removed from the play area via catapult.