Photo

Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Make the trip to join us!

23 replies to this topic

#1 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Since CFNF #3 is just days away, I thought I would posts this waaayyy early in the hopes of some of you northern Nerf maniacs joining us! The FL scene is getting better and better, but we always love out of town guests, so if you can make it---please do!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The important stuff:

The Loction: http://www.ocoee.org...FreedomPark.htm
The Date: June 26th 2010
The Time: 10:00 am

Ok--Florida is doing it again, the field is prime--open fields, portables, and a small wooded section.
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvh208rJ9DY

We will play various game types(depending on number of members present), and there will even be a drawing for a NIB primary. If you live in FL, anywhere in the southeast, or are just a Northern nerfer who wants to play in some beautifull sunny weather -- you need to make this one! Now, on to the important stuff.......

Rules

Eye protection is a must, unless you are over eighteen years of age.

NO HOMEMADE AIR GUNS! NO EXCEPTIONS!

Don't be a douchebag. If the strength of the weapon is considered to be excessive we reserve the right to "spot ban" it.

No singled ,plugged Titans. Titans are allowed if they have more than 3 barrels(shotgunned)

No tack darts (A.K.A-deathdarts)

No Slingshot weighted stefans

No guns that shoot over 200 feet.

No darts heavier than a nerf ball. Stefans must have a rubber, glue, cloth, or foam cover.

All darts and guns will be inspected thoroughly, no jutting out spikes on guns---use your head guys, and remember that these are toys--lets keep it that way!

The only shields that will be permitted are Manta Rays and Crossfire Shields

Barrel Tapping is allowed however, your gun MUST be locked and loaded to tap--A tap from 5 feet away is nicer than being shot, wink...wink.

Do NOT bring anything painted all black. We REALLY don't want the cops called for someones stupidity!

Things To Bring

A primary

A secondary

A friend

Ammo

Water or Gatoraide

A packed lunch (we'll have a short ass lunch break)

Your "A" game!!

Your best list of excuses why you got tore up!

I and other people will bring stuff to sell--a sort of "Nerf swap meet", so bring money. Though, it is not required.

Please, if you can--join us in The SunShine state for some great spring nerfing. PM me if you have questions about the location, surrounding area, or any other travel related issue's. Nerf On!---Rogue.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 02 June 2010 - 06:04 PM.

IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#2 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

You know I'll be there. I might bring a guest or 2. By the way, you messed up the first post and you have the same thing like 3 times.
Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

#3 ultimatenerf 320

ultimatenerf 320

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

I will most likely be there, so put me down as a maybe for now.
I am not Mr.fail, but I am just-ever-so-slightly-insane.
"don't srcew with me, I have badass sword-fighting skills."
FL wars are amazing and Effeminate.

#4 hawkshot

hawkshot

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

I'm there, rain or shine.
Call me Hawk.

Hawkshot, one of the founding FL Nerfers.

#5 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

I'm a Maybe, for now. I really want to get down there and nerf with you guys.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#6 nerkum

nerkum

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

I will try and get a road trip together, its just a very long trip from Atlanta. So put me down as a maybe.

I would be happy to rent a van and pick up anyone along the way. From Atlanta, all the way down 75 into florida if enough people are interested. It would be on the day before the event, so we would also need a place to crash.

If you are interested and want to do a carpool, PM or post... Also if you have a place to crash.

Lets get our nerf on!

#7 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

Ok, BUMP.....and attende update

Definates:

•Rogue
•Hawkshot
•Pinz
•Ultimate
•Semperfi
•Carakki
•Oddball
•Bear
•Ducky

Maybes:

FlyingChicken
The Old Guy
rork
Nerkum + ?

Any of you Northern Nerfers are welcome to join us for some great Foam Fling'n action, and beautifull weather.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#8 gohavefun

gohavefun

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

put me down as a maybe but probably not

#9 ultimatenerf 320

ultimatenerf 320

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

Ok guys, less than 2 weeks till go time. And if anyone is going to sell darts, (3/0 weightings are preferred) please pm me.
I am not Mr.fail, but I am just-ever-so-slightly-insane.
"don't srcew with me, I have badass sword-fighting skills."
FL wars are amazing and Effeminate.

#10 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

Alright boys I am a maybe if I can get a ride. My car wouldn't survive the trek down but if any of you in GA have room for one more than I am game.

PM me or post here with any information as to my inquiry

~Zax
"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#11 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:11 AM

Less than 1 week until go time boys. There of course is a chance of rain in the afternoon(duh...Fl summer) , but we will play on rain or shine.

Just a friendly reminder: PLEASE be locked and loaded, ready to start the first round AT 10:00 am. As always, you gents are welcome to suggest game types you would like to play. If anyone has an electronic "flag" or 2 please bring them for CTF.

Lastly, I will be bringing lots of parts and blasters to trade/sell like at past CFNF's. It would be cool if a few others did this as well--- like the "swap Meet" we had at CFNF#1. I hope to see all of you on the field, and if anyone needs help or directions feel free to PM me.----Rogue.

#12 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

I'm out. I'm moving :(
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#13 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

I'm out. I'm moving :(

You will be missed sir. We shall face off again eventually. Oddly enough, Zax and I were discussing a fall Augusta war. Hmmm..........

On a lighter note, all out of state attendees may feel free to help themselfs to the free fuel floating right off shore........ :( BP

#14 hawkshot

hawkshot

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

If anyone has an electronic "flag" or 2 please bring them for CTF.

I believe I have one.

Edit: Zaxbys, nerkum, everyone else who are maybes: Sound off please?

Edited by hawkshot, 23 June 2010 - 10:07 AM.

Call me Hawk.

#15 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

Screw work and not being able to get off...

Sounds like this one is no go for me... but mark my words... I WILL make it to one of these soon
"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#16 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Rogue and Zax, a fall Augusta war would be great. We will definitely have to hammer something Effeminate out. Have fun, guys.

#17 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:24 AM

Rogue and Zax, a fall Augusta war would be great. We will definitely have to hammer something Effeminate out. Have fun, guys.

Yes-- we were thinking about the fall, maybe Aug/Sep.

On Topic for CFNF#4---There is a chance of rain clear through Sunday, but we plan to Nerf on regardless---in true FL fashion. Please make any needed preperations such as bringing spare dry clothes and shoes. The forecast specifically calls for "Scattered Thunder Storms", so I do not anticipate the rain being steady or lasting very long. Make your final prep gents, its nearly time!

#18 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:45 PM

Double post for reacap......

HOLY HELL I'M TIRED!!

Well, it was a brutal day of Nerfing---100 degree heat, direct sun all day, and no rain. I had a great time--despite my disappointment in the "regulars". My Georgia Homeboys and "The new guys(Fl) were awesome!

Highlights:

+ FlyingChicken and OldGuy FTW!
+ No rain
+ New Nerfers!-----and the rocked! Ducky, Carakki, Oddball, and Bear were Great, and performed very good for their first war. Thanks guys!
+ Overall good sportsmanship
+ Nerfing again (duh)
+ IronHide and the Tbow putt'n it down fo realz
+ Salvos under the Tbow making TONS of kills
+ 3 barrel taps in 1 round by the Tbow....its that intimadating?
+ Using Ratchet (Deploy)
+ Effeminate pistol round duels with F.C
+ Watching OldGuy tear it up with just a NF.......again :lol:
+ Medic rounds were very fun
+ Wildcard rounds were hilarious-----Got ya F.C!!!!
+ Gunslinger rounds were also cool
+ Food afterwards with OldGuy and FlyChicken.......ah, food.

Crap list:

- 100 dang degrees!
- Massively swollen foam........fail.
- No Nurkum...or Zax-----you guys were missed
- No pinz---though he posted as a Definate
- Soggy and Hawk showing up at 1:00.......for 3 rounds----really?
- a few brief instances of dueschbaggery
- Blaster malfunctions throughout the ranks
- Lost LOTS of stefans

All in all this was fun----and the new guys exceeded my expectations---they really hung tuff, and contributed to fun factor of this event. I look forward to Nerfing with these guys more. As always, it was a GREAT time Nerfing with FlyingChicken and OldGuy-----thank you guys so much again, it was great to be on the field with you guys again........and I will be making a trip to GA in the near future. Pics and vid----post em if ya got em!

Carakkis(NR) recap

Recap from the perspective of someone brand-new to the war scene:

Pros:
+ Meeting so many Nerfers with an interest in high-level modification; in my area, I'm the only one with a mod interest above AR removal.
+ Seeing so many new (to me) guns; we only became interested in Nerf recently, so we mostly see N-Strike and the BBB.
+ Awesome playing field. I know that five or six wars have been played there by now, but there's a pretty clear reason for that.
+ Having 11 people when everyone was there.
+ The weather. No rain, heat wasn't bad unless you were on the basketball court.
+ My mom coming through with snacks when our group was starving.
+ Having one camera (we were supposed to have two or three, but I failed to bring the memory stick).
+ Oddball won the clear Maverick in the raffle!
+ Finding nearly all of our darts afterward.
+ Learning a lot about Slugs and homemade darts in general. It turns out my darts don't suck as badly as I thought.
+ Bear got a free primary from Ultimate.
+ Flyingchicken being awesome and lending me his speedloader and later his BBB when I needed them.
+ Having my last-second dart-holding setup work unexpectedly well.
+ My eye protection did not skew my vision as previously expected.

Cons:
- Having to leave earlier than I would have liked; I wish I could've played until night.
- No pizza. I was hoping for a pooling of resources to get a couple of pies, and when two and then three o'clock rolled by with no food, my stomach was making its distress well-known.
- BOTH of my guns pooping out on me (my Nitefinder stopped catching and my BBB's coupler came off).
- Not being able to bring my Longshot. It'll be there for the next war.
- Being almost two hours late.

Gameplay highlights:
* Playing so many gametypes; I loved Gunslinger and Wingman.
* Got some nice shots on people.
* Taking out Rogue and then taking down the VIP with a running one-handed BBB shot during one of the VIP rounds.
* Swarming Semperfi with Oddball and Ducky during an FFA.
* Ultimate just standing there while Bear and I shot at him during a Wingman round.
* Getting to try out a Gladiator round; next time, I want to test Freeze Tag and Headhunter.
* Trying to barrel-tap Oddball during the Pistol round that my Nitefinder failed and accidentally throwing the gun at him when I tripped.

All in all, it was an Effeminate first war, and I will definitely be at every war I can get to from now on. I should be next seeing you gents at Ultimate's UNBO next month, or at a war nearer to us that we may host.

#19 hawkshot

hawkshot

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:06 AM

My apologies for being there for a short amount of time. It's just not one of those things you can change.

Anyways,

-Meeting Carakki and his crew
-Seeing the regulars again
-Ran out of darts
-Rogue's guns are too powerful
-I sat out 2 rounds attempting to fix a MaxShot
-My guns need to be upgraded, I'm still sporting a BBB spring addition and no integration on Optimus
-Chicken and his dad are awesome
-I wantz a snapbow. Naow.
-I was only there for 3 hours....sorry guys.

And more as it comes to mind.
Call me Hawk.

#20 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Fired up the Mac as soon as I got home. My legs/thighs are sore as hell, but the Mtn Dew and Publix sub taste great.
Anyway, this was probably one of the best wars I've been to. Huge thanks to Rogue for working and hosting it, as it was the highlight of my summer.

Highlights
- Mod party the previous day. Next time, more mod, less party.
- Arriving early the day of the war for lack of reason to go anywhere else.
- Only having 5 people for the earlier part of the day, then Carakki and his gang showed up for some fun.
- Winning the very first round of the day, an FFA pistol round, with no belt, hair in my face, a TTG with loads of recoil, and Rogue 50 feet away. Someone's watching out for me.
- Using a deploy strap as a belt... win!
- Meeting Carakki, Bear, Duck, and Oddball; some very cool newbies
- Seeing Rogue again!
- Meeting Hawk, Ultimate, and other FL nerfers
- Hawk and I struggling to put my new Deploy back together, then Rogue easily fixing it the next day. Fail

- Shoutout to rork for selling me his own personal SNAPbow so I could get one before the war. It did not disappoint. Great kills all day, and fended off many a nerfer.
- The hopper clip on my SNAP coming off.... e-tape and superglue took care of that.
- Letting Hawk shoot my SNAP. Now he and UF want one.
- Putting down my SNAP for certain rounds to let my ol' BBB a chance to shine, and shine it did.
- Rogue's tornado bow probably holding the record for "Most Barrel Taps in a Southeast War"
- Ironhide, how ridiculously powerful it was with that raider drum.

- Face-offs with Rogue, always fun and intense no matter who wins
- Many, many fist bumps, high fives, and an elbow.
- Teaming up with my dad to dish out the pain. And we served it on a silver platter. Georgia represented!
- Playing my favorite games, wingman and FFA, frequently
- Developing a new taste for Gunslingers
- Playing some new games... "Medic", "Gladiator", and "Wildcard"
- Medic was an extremely fun game type, and added a new sort of "GET HIM!!!" feeling to it.
- Wildcard... I got owned by a stock titan!
- Dodging darts and firing shots, hitting Rogue then Hawk one after another
- Many painful hits, especially from Ironhide... awesome spring combo FTW!
- An extremely Effeminate wingman round... my dad and me versus Rogue. I hit Rogue in the leg under the playground (sorry if you didn't feel that one) and then I had two lives, my dad and Rogue each had one. Rogue rushes, takes out one of my lives and my dad. It comes down to me vs Rogue. I count back in and he reloads his Tornado Bow. I move behind a pole as we both get ready. I fire a shot and quickly prime my SNAP again as Rogue starts to rush. He fires his gun, but through some miracle he misses me and tries to run around the playground. I fire a shot, miss, and finally get a hit to win the round. It was caught on video too
- Later in the day, Rogue sneaking up behind and me and wasting me with two shots in the back from the Salvo tanks
- The heat swelling up darts so that my dad's longshots started to fail. Plus both integrations have started leaking
- Carakki and Soggy filming rounds, my dad and I capturing pics, which will be up shortly.
- Huge disappointment that rork and Ben could not attend. You guys were really missed.
- Speaking of which, Pinz didn't show up and Hawk only stayed for a short time. tsk tsk
- Carakki getting a hit on the vip with my BBB. Great shot
- Ultimate getting a great shot on the little part of my body sticking out behind a tree.
- Those two trees in the middle of the field. Just wow.
- Intense action in the portables
- Drinking anywhere from 12-16 gatorades between me and my dad.
- Wearing my awesome Mountain Dew hat.
- Ultimate making some pretty iffy calls... you really gotta chill out dude.
- Some people not following rules... who were quickly silenced by Rogue.
- Soggy's drop n' roll method not working too well haha
- Five people camping on the playground. Rogue, my dad and myself made quick work of 'em.
- Except for some cases, sportsmanship ran rabid at this war.
- Ultimate desperately trying, and failing, to sell a longshot shell and a hand cannon/man cannon/shot gun WHATEVER
- Rogue owning with his deploy and it's "RIP"
- The Old Guy also holding his own with his integrations... including hitting Rogue
- Trying to convince people to be bait for Rogue and Hawk
- Having a number of welts, still highly visible.
- Sharing Effeminate war stories
- Semper and Ultimate looking for darts and water... priceless.

- Winning a stock NF in the raffle after saying I wanted it over the Mav. Thanks Rogue!
- Having slight sunburn on my arms, dirty legs and feet, and sweat all over my body after the war
- Eating some good New York style pizza with Rogue and my dad afterwords

Again, this was one of the best wars I've attended, and I look forward to next time we meet.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#21 The Old Guy

The Old Guy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

You know it was a great war when it'll take you at least 3 days to recover...

Rogue deserves a lot of thanks from everyone for organizing and hosting this war, offering raffle prizes and keeping everyone in line. There were a few instances where some folks needed a little 'guidance' along the way but from my perspective, things never got out of hand.

Highlights:
- Nerfing with an old buddy, Rogue, again
- Nerfing with FL veterans Soggy, UltimateNerf and Hawkshot. But Hawk was like a Ninja; there one minute and gone the next. But thanks to you and your folks for hosting the Mod party. Chicken was looking forward to that as much as the war.
- Meeting the new faces: Carakki, Semper Fi, Bear, Oddball and Ducky. Your enthusiasm and eagerness was fun to watch, even if a few of you did tend to camp more then you should have. And I still don't know how Carakki wore his long sleeve shirt all day. Dude, I know you said you had a high tolerance for heat but every time I looked at you, I had to drink another Gatorade.
- Excellent playing field - it had it all: shade, manageable field, portables, rest rooms.... wish they were all like this.
- Winning my first ever FFA - against Rogue, of all people - thanks to my Rogue/Chicken-modified Longshot Integration
- Winning my second FFA against my son, thanks to my NF
- Enjoyed my two Longshots...until the humidity played havoc with the foam. Never experienced so many jammed darts. Frustration was an understatement but what are ya gonna do..
- Watching Chicken use his Rork-created SnapBOW to dispatch his opponents with uncanny ease. And I've got a nice welt on my chest to prove it. (I want one, too, dammit.)
- Rogue's generosity with his darts and weapons. Alas, we all realized midway through that as soon as I touch a primary, it decides to go into a coma. Spent the rest of the day with my trusty, Chicken-Mod NF, which continues to serve me well.
- Ducky, make some serious darts to go with your Raider and you will be a force to be reckoned with.
- Medic, Gladiator, Wildcard - all great games.
- Rogue: 3 barrel taps in one game. Just sick.
- Teaming up with my son to take a few Wingman rounds. Ok, mostly watching him take a few Wingman rounds...
- Trees are our friends. Use them wisely.
- A nice hot shower afterwards, then dinner with Rogue and my son. Thanks, Hawk, for the restaurant recommendation; their food was excellent.
- Watching my 15 year old son walk very slowly this morning, grimacing with each step. And they call me The Old Guy?!?

Lowlights:
- 100º degrees... lord have mercy.
- Only having five guys for the first two hours. Did I drive 6 hours for this?!? But then the Riverside crew showed up and all was good.
- Running too fast around a corner in an attempt to nail Ducky and getting hammered by Rogue on my left shoulder and right pinky. Didn't realize he was using his Salvo; all I could think was, "How the hell did he hit me twice??"
-My apologies again to Oddball for overreacting to your excellent head shot...even if you did say you were aiming at my feet. :P

Final Observations:
- You can NEVER have too many darts. Chicken, take note.
- You can NEVER have too much water. Newbies, take note.
- If you ever share a pizza with Rogue, eat quickly.

I've only participated in six wars but this ranks up in the top two. Unlikely we can do but one Florida trip each year so I'll be looking forward to the Rouge/Zax/Rork August war this fall.

Edited by The Old Guy, 27 June 2010 - 05:55 PM.

The Old Guy

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting their own battle." - Plato

#22 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Picture Time!

These are 15 good ones out of forty, edited where they needed it.

When the Riverside guys showed up. Oh, the pain we would all endure...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Semper posing for the camera
Posted Image

Rogue and his incredible Tornadobow
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chilling between rounds.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Pointing the barrel down because that thing has insane recoil.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This pretty much sums up the day:
Posted Image

Carakki's working on the vid, so I'm looking forward to that.

Edited by flyingchicken, 27 June 2010 - 06:37 PM.

I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#23 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

Great job on the pics S.C---they look good. I have a few, nothing great---that I will try to upload soon.

#24 hawkshot

hawkshot

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

Dead thread reviving!

Carakki of NRev has finished the CFNF 4 war video. You can watch it here.
Call me Hawk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users