POW!

69 replies to this topic

#26 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:22 AM

Flamin, did you really just tell Vacc Clash of Steel was going to be badass? Do you know how much responsibility you just put on my shoulders? I mean, jesus, in my planner, that event isn't even written in pen. Its in pencil. You know what that means? That I haven't even decided that its definitely happening.

On a more serious note and now that I've pulled myself together, I suppose I will set Clash of Steel for that date, if not the 24th if a Saturday makes the potential park reservations available.
And I suppose it would also be worthy to note that I will be hosting it.
Does Armstrong Park sound good (for tradition sake)?
And this year does anybody have any serious objections to playing either by random team selection or by clan vs clan?
Lastly, how do people feel about a 10am start time being the latest we start? In the summer I'm more inclined to get nerfing early, even before 10am if it means getting more of the park to our use. Then again I don't know if that's do-able for out-of-towners.
Let me know your thoughts on these things if you're a potential attendee. Additionally, mark it in your calendars and start figuring out if you're coming. I'm the kind of guy that wants to know an attendance list a while before just for peace of mind and in case I want to plan teams for clan vs clan rounds.
JMWasko, the blue Sex Dwarf.

NF PolyHolsters

#27 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

And I suppose it would also be worthy to note that I will be hosting it.

Easy there sparky! I'm going to politely demand (read: assertively beg for) Co-Host.

Armstrong is where I figured we'd go, and I don't think we'll go back there before then. I figure June can be LNDH, and May is being worked on.

As We discussed in PMs, I'll try and get over and reserve a date at some point this week.

I'm up for an early start, but understanding about the hardships of the travelers getting here earlier. I'm also more than willing to Nerf till I drop from exhaustion.

Also, as an alert to everyone, like Jarret said it may be pushed to a Saturday if it means we can reserve the park.

-Dom

P.S. This war WILL be awesome

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#28 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Starting at 9 or something would be fine for me. It would mean getting up at like 7 but I do that every weekday so I wouldn't mind. Saturdays are fine with me too but don't you usually work Saturdays John?

Glad to see you back Jarret.
SexD Warves

#29 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, if it's on a Saturday I pretty much can't come at all. And if I did I could only stay till 3 or so. And then I'd have to drive an hour, drop everyone off and get fudge packed trying to cook my ass off tired as hell. So Saturday is a no go for me.

How the hell can you reserve a park anyway? Are we gonna tell everyone who comes to the park that doesn't want to nerf that we reserved it and ask them to please fuck off?
Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#30 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

Yeah, if it's on a Saturday I pretty much can't come at all. And if I did I could only stay till 3 or so. And then I'd have to drive an hour, drop everyone off and get fudge packed trying to cook my ass off tired as hell. So Saturday is a no go for me.

How the hell can you reserve a park anyway? Are we gonna tell everyone who comes to the park that doesn't want to nerf that we reserved it and ask them to please fuck off?

Ok, I'll try my very best to keep it Sunday.

Also, yes, that's kinda how it goes. You technically reserve the pavilion, but that sorta leeches out to the rest of the park. Idk about everyone else, But I'd rather have the pavilion than the gazebo. (although we could deal with it.)

We actually could've had an issue at LNDH last year. Williamsburgh was reserved for a grad party. Thankfully the folks were nice enough to let us play while they were setting up.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

#31 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

It actually, in my experience, depends on the park. Williamsburg Park, where LNDH was held by Dom last year, for example, is a small park with one pavillion. If you're in the pavillion, you basically hav ethe whole park right there. From what I remember, you reserve "Williamsburg Park" on its borugh's website when you call to do so. Of course, there's a fee. But I can just make every one give Dom and I darts or something. For Armstrong, a slightly larger park, I believe you just reserve the pavillion.
I like Williamsburg for the earlier explained reason. Basically, we can have Flamin tell anyone in the park to "fuck off". Meanwhile, at Armstrong, we can only do that for the pavillion.
Probably, Armstrong will be our primary location and WIlliamsburg a back up. Jwasko, you can make that official in the your first post above tentatively. We'll also have to work out hosts, though Dom and I are co-hosts thus far, with me as the slightly more hosty of the co-hosts persay. Maybe capitalize my title like "Co-HOST jmwasko" in contrast to "Co-host sublimedomnoonecaresaboutthenumbers".
Just so we don't clog up the NH forum though, Dom and all us will work out location and times and date details privately and post with the results. We'll keep the times and day availability in mind for you, Flamin. Thanks for the input guys.

NF PolyHolsters

#32 princexbuster

princexbuster

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Hey guys my phone is broken so I cant to my normal communication. Send me a pm for the replacment phone number. Nerfmonkey I am on xbox all the time you just are never on when I am on.

Anyway. Whats going on this weekend?
Sexy Dwarves.

#33 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:00 AM

Pretty sure it's just gonna be a small war in your neck of the woods, Gabe. I've got at least four people so if you can get two that makes eight plus nerfmonkey. Not sure if any of the Pittsburgh crew can make it. Go ahead and PM me your number. What happened, did you accidentally swallow your phone while chewing on it?

#34 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

I'll be there for sure, possibly with a friend or two (doubtful), but I'm going to have to leave at like 3:00. Maybe a little earlier, not exactly sure.
SexD Warves

#35 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:26 PM

Just throwing it out there-- I'm planning on coming too, as long as it is still on Sunday. I'll keep on the lookout for changes, but otherwise, looking forward to seeing everyone then. I have unfortunately been unable to rustle up any other people to come with me, though.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#36 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

Oh it's happening. Look forward to seeing you there Joe. NerfMonkey I hope you can get a few more people. It's looking like this is going to be one of our smaller wars, but I'm expecting intensity from all.

Gabe, I just texted you, but I'm guessing you've passed out by now.

Probably time to start cutting foam...

#37 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

Please note changes to the schedule in June and July.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves

#38 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

My attendance for the next few wars:

Well, right now my attendance on May 30th looks sketchy as there are a lot of other things going on that weekend. I'd say its safe to count me out.

POW! June is also out as I'm committed to another event already that entire weekend.

I'm probably a definite for LNDH on the 27th of June, unless there's something else mandatory (school/work related) going on then.

And right now I can't come to my own co-war if COS is hosted on July 18 rather than the 25 like I've made arrangements for since March or something. Soo...yeah.

Thanks.

NF PolyHolsters

#39 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

25th works great for me. As for the first war in June, I have no problem with moving it to the 7th or the 20th if no one else does. I mean that does mean nerfing two weekends in a row, but I don't really think that's a bad thing. I want to run that one at a pretty quick pace though so you'd better not bitch about being tired and losing speedloaders and how you can't get a steady girlfriend.

On another note, The war we had today was the best since Dormont in November. I lost count of how many rounds we played. Everyone brought their bigger set of testicles and there was minimal bitching about being tired or hungry. Also, I'm very excited to tell everyone who didn't make it about our new game type (freeze tag) which was the product of some spitballin with Joe between rounds which turned out to be spectacular. It's a shame VIP and zombies wasn't as successful.

#40 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

I really liked the zombies round even though it didn't involve too much running around for the humans. Why didn't VIP work out?

Last round I played was awesome. Thanks everybody.
SexD Warves

#41 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

Clash of Steel is back to the 25th, jwasko will update the schedule at his earliest convenience. As for POW! June, I don't want to cut people out of coming jsut because I can't make it on the 13th. IF you wanted to move it, I'd suggest the 7th and I won't be tired as I prob won't be coming to POW! May. Plus, where is it being held? Thats a big factor in my attendance too. As for speedloaders, since it I'll actually be excited for this war, I should have plenty of ammo ready. If you recall I'm usually carrying more darts than enyone else most rounds.

Additionally, I've had a steady girlfriend since POW! March or whenever the hell it was I last came to a war so that shouldn't be a problem. I thought the fact that I had a girlfriend came up when you offered yours up to me as a trade for my manta, remember?. Oh and I would be willing to trade it to you for some custom gun modifications if you're still interested. Francis is nice and all, but I need a new pair of NFs and a good PAS.

Oh and Armstrong Park's pavillion is reserved all summer, so Clash of Steel's staging area will be the gazebo in the northeast region of the park.

NF PolyHolsters

#42 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

so you'd better not bitch about [...] how you can't get a steady girlfriend.

Guess I won't be attending. Lol

#43 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:46 AM

Na, I'll still hear your bitching Dom. Good to hear I'll be able to make CoS.

We're thinking South Park for the 7th. Dom and I are gonna go scout it out after the next war and do some planning.

As for that trade I'd definitely be willing to do come custom work for you. PM with what exactly you're interested in and we'll work something out.

#44 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

Na, I'll still hear your bitching Dom. Good to hear I'll be able to make CoS.

We're thinking South Park for the 7th. Dom and I are gonna go scout it out after the next war and do some planning.

Do you mean the 6th? The 7th of June is a Monday. Just sayin'.

#45 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

You know what I meant.

#46 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Put me down as a very likely maybe for this sunday's war if I'm not already. That's right guys, bring your A-game.

NF PolyHolsters

#47 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

Details added for this Sunday's war.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves

#48 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

The gazebo at Armstrong is on reserve for Clash of Steel for a week until I send in a request and payment for the permit. So, as long as no one absolutely loves Roundhill tomorrow, we're all set. I hope everybody's geared up for POW! May, cause things are gonna get heavy.

Let's roll.

NF PolyHolsters

#49 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:30 AM

If the ducks are in your way, drive forward slowly while blowing your horn. They'll move.

PS: Taken out of context, that may be one of the oddest things I've ever written.

Edited by jwasko, 30 May 2010 - 01:31 AM.

#50 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

Just realized that this is farther away than I thought. That, coupled with the fact that NerfMonkeys going to be late getting to my house, and my girlfriend was really drunk tonight and will probably be difficult to rouse means I might be as much as an hour late. But rest assured I plan on going balls deep once we roll in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users