Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

STAGE 3+---Final project update

58 replies to this topic

#26 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

Nice job. But, instead of a hornet tank I would recommend a big salvo tank. Overall, you did a great job.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#27 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

Removed

Edited by NerfRogue83, 04 August 2010 - 11:27 PM.

IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#28 MechanicMatt

MechanicMatt

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

Holy Crap Rogue, that is awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these! I'm pretty darn excited to see your paintjob too, when its finished.

Are you shooting streamlines or stefans with this now?

Edited by MechanicMatt, 21 February 2010 - 08:50 PM.

#29 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

Holy Crap Rogue, that is awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these! I'm pretty darn excited to see your paintjob too, when its finished.

Edit: Are you shooting streamlines or stefans with this now?

Thanks. It now fires 1 1/2" stefans.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#30 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

Wow, these ranges are great! I would recommend replacing the stock spring with a RFDG one if you have one. That increased the ranges on my Raider at least 10ft.
I can see this thing hitting mid 80s.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#31 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

Nice job with the breech. I am actually pretty surprised with the ranges without a powerstock. Keep going!
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#32 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

Nice job with the breech. I am actually pretty surprised with the ranges without a powerstock. Keep going!

Thanks. I was surprised as well.....the power stock is next---hopefully before I attend HawkShot's war this weekend.

#33 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

its a stupid question, but how well does the drum mag work on it?

#34 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

its a stupid question, but how well does the drum mag work on it?

My stef-drum works as well on this Deploy as it does on my 10k/LS.

#35 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

Removed

Edited by NerfRogue83, 04 August 2010 - 11:28 PM.

#36 Proga

Proga

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

Very nice. Very clean. Good jood =)
Don't shoot! Don't shoot! I'm a nood! Please don't shoot!

#37 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

Awesome shit man. Very very cool.

I wonder if you'd get better ranges using single-BB stefans instead. Something to try out. I've noticed that the blasters that I use that don't have a lot of air power do better with less weight, oddly enough.

Have you noticed any potential spots that might need reinforcement?

#38 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

Awesome shit man. Very very cool.

I wonder if you'd get better ranges using single-BB stefans instead. Something to try out. I've noticed that the blasters that I use that don't have a lot of air power do better with less weight, oddly enough.

Have you noticed any potential spots that might need reinforcement?

Thanks Fome.....I will in fact be using single BB Stefs at HawkShots war this weekend.

As for weak spots? I gotta say, this thing seems pretty damn solid. When Hasbro decided to move the priming from a sled and forward attachment point in the Recon---to the Metal arm+ back of bolt attachment on the Deploy....I think it really took most of the weak spots out of the system. There is no sled to crack, no nub to come unglued( on a brass breech), and no plunger head to fly off under stress. The one problem I could see happening, is the old "Back of reverse plunger tube getting punched out", as was common on the Recon. This plunger tube seems more well constructed, and so far through many firing tests has been great. I do have a metal one coming from singapore though, just in case...LOL.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 23 February 2010 - 03:07 PM.

#39 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

That's pretty cool. I bet you could squeeze more range out of it if you sacrificed the deployability and made the powerstock longer, and put in a piece of [k26] or something.
But this is pretty cool that you were able to do that while still keeping it collapsible.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#40 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

That's pretty cool. I bet you could squeeze more range out of it if you sacrificed the deployability and made the powerstock longer, and put in a piece of [k26] or something.
But this is pretty cool that you were able to do that while still keeping it collapsible.

Yes, that could easily be done......and I did think for a minute about doing it----but I really wanted to retain the ability to "Transform". It's worth the trade-off to me.

#41 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

You should add a little speaker thats plays a certain awesome sound bite when it deploys, or "transforms" if you will.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#42 CaptainStefan

CaptainStefan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

excellent mod, incredibly clean...what about a paintjob?

#43 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

excellent mod, incredibly clean...what about a paintjob?

It's coming.....

The only reason I have not torn it down and started sanding--is because I want to "test and Tune" at CFNO this weekend. I think putting a blaster in an actual Nerf war is the only true test of whether the mod was a success or not. After the war this Saturday, it will be prepped for paint.

#44 Ghost of Santa

Ghost of Santa

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:37 PM

2 words. BADASS GUN. Only 1 thing to make it better. A reactor under the barrel! :)

#45 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

I agree with whoever recomended a RFDG spring in place of the stock one.

You could get another 5-10' boost if you're lucky. That would help make this thing a worthy primary to be honest.

But overall, very nice job. The powerstock seems easy, looks like theres room for integration. This gun actually turned out to be almost made for the modder.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#46 wasdf

wasdf

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

Geez, that is frickin' awesome. What else could you do to that thing? I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I've lost two out of three Recons to the popped plunger. For some reason my last one is holding out pretty nicely. It seems that the reverse plunger guns became a little bit sturdier. How would cored out FBR filled with hot glue type stefans work in it? That's all I use because I'm too lazy to get BBs.
For a battle cry you gotta scream out "Feel the awesome power of my balls!"
~Chadpuff

#47 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:41 AM

So......I installed a RFSG spring, and the results were outstanding!-----for about 30 shots.......then this:

Posted Image

I suppose I will need to wait on my package from SG before trying this out again.......beware.

#48 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

I think padding might have help....

But nice work.

#49 Chadpuff

Chadpuff

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

Maybe some epoxy putty as reenforcement? Maybe a pvc cap if you could find one to fit?
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ...Han Solo

#50 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:14 AM

I still remember buying the exact same part from you (for the recon) a little less than a year ago...

I think you should go U3/CS on us and make a new one out of an obscure PVC piece... but that's just me. After you replace the piece, I would recommend not foam padding, but an o-ring, as foam will wear out super fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users