Cfnf #2 **central Florida Nerf Fest**

Now Recapping!

34 replies to this topic

#1 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:57 AM

I am posting this Waayy early in the hopes that some of you northern guys who want to enjoy some warm-weather nerfing without waiting for spring can make plans ahead of time to join us.

The Loction: http://www.ocoee.org...FreedomPark.htm
The Date: January 16th 2010
The Time: 10:00 am

Alrighty kids-- As you can see, the field is prime--open fields, portables, and a small wooded section.
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvh208rJ9DY

Attendee's:

NerfRogue83 +4
HawkShot
Soggystefan
Hobo
xtoss +1
Ambush
Psycho +1
Pinz321

We will play various game types(depending on number of members present), and there will even be a drawing for a NIB primary. If you live in FL, anywhere in the southeast, or are just a Northern nerfer who wants to play in 65 degree weather in January-- you need to make this one! Now, on to the important stuff.......

Rules

Eye protection is a must, unless you are over eighteen years of age.

NO HOMEMADE AIR GUNS! NO EXCEPTIONS!

Don't be a douchebag. If the strength of the weapon is considered to be excessive we reserve the right to "spot ban" it.

No singled ,plugged Titans. Titans are allowed if they have more than 3 barrels(shotgunned)

No tack darts (A.K.A-deathdarts)

No guns that shoot over 200 feet.

No darts heavier than a nerf ball.Stefans must have a rubber, glue, cloth, or foam cover.

All darts and guns will be inspected thoroughly, no jutting out spikes on guns---use your head guys, and remember that these are toys--lets keep it that way!

The only shields that will be permitted are Manta Rays and Crossfire Shields

Barrel Tapping is allowed however, your gun MUST be locked and loaded to tap--A tap from 5 feet away is nicer than being shot, wink...wink.

Do NOT bring anything painted all black. We REALLY don't want the cops called for someones stupidity!

Things To Bring

A primary

A secondary

A friend

Sunscreen

Bug Spray

Water or Gatoraide

A packed lunch (we'll have a short ass lunch break)

Darts

Your "A" game!!

Your best list of excuses why you got tore up!

I and other people will bring stuff to sell--a sort of "Nerf swap meet", so bring money. Though, it is not required.

Please, if you can--join us in The SunShine state for some great winter nerfing. PM me if you have questions about the location, surrounding area, or any other travel related issue's. Nerf On!---Rogue.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 16 January 2010 - 08:02 PM.

IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#2 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

BUMP! 1 month to go and counting. It would be really cool to see some familiar northern faces way down here!
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#3 xtoss

xtoss

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

Me and a guest are going. PS I am fang113 on Nerf revolution.

#4 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:09 AM

Attendee list updated, and only 3 weeks till go-time. Lets see some northern faces at this one!

#5 Daethshot

Daethshot

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hello all, this is Soggystefan here on my noobishly named NH account... of course you noticed that. I would endeavor to mention that I have a new and improved core in the works for DTC, and we have been deciding on additional gametypes. For those coming, I would like to remind you to make sure your blasters are 100% war ready by the Januaey date. For those not coming, I highly encourage you to do so!
Join the Revolution!

-----

Why are you looking at my sig... Stop looking at my sig! Don't you have better things to do with your time? No, no I guess hou don't...

#6 splat

splat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

hmm i see the park, but what city/town is it?
I hate each and everyone one of you just the same.
Go to this link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
˙ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıן ןooɔ ʇsnɾ ɯı

#7 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

hmm i see the park, but what city/town is it?

The Location is just outside the Orlando Florida city limits.

#8 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

While we're out for this one, there's a very good chance that Ben and I could make it to another one, as he has family in Orlando we could crash with for a weekend.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#9 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:19 AM

While we're out for this one, there's a very good chance that Ben and I could make it to another one, as he has family in Orlando we could crash with for a weekend.

That would be awsome man, it was a real blast Nerfing with you both at SOFA---what a great time that was. Hawkshot is hosting CFNO on Feb 13th--at the same location as this event. I will also be hosting yet another of my own in march, it would be Effeminate if you guys got to make one. I know I can't wait to get back to Langford......lol.

#10 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

Dude with this much awesome people coming, I can't find my self not going.
Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

#11 splat

splat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

damn, i live in miami/palm beach area. ahh well.
I hate each and everyone one of you just the same.
Go to this link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
˙ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıן ןooɔ ʇsnɾ ɯı

#12 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

It's worth the trip....trust me. War is less than 2 weeks away folks, if you can attend, please do!

#13 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

Splat, it's way worth the 4-6 hour drive. I live in weston (near sawgrass mall) and I went to RFC which is in the same location as this. Try to make it dude. It's gonna be fun as hell.

P.S You're the 3rd South Florida nerfer I know, meaning we just might be able to host a war all the way down here.
Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

#14 Brucetheshark

Brucetheshark

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

I don't know if I can come yet but would it be okay if I brought someone who doesn't really have any modded guns for primaries and I don't have any extra? What I am asking I guess is will there be any loaners available?

#15 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

I don't know if I can come yet but would it be okay if I brought someone who doesn't really have any modded guns for primaries and I don't have any extra? What I am asking I guess is will there be any loaners available?

Most certainly.....I always overpack. I will also have tons of extra stefs, so dont let a lack of either keep you from attending.

#16 Brucetheshark

Brucetheshark

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

After watching that video I am stoked and really wanna make it! It all depends if my mom wants to give me a ride Saturday, lol. I'll look on google maps for a mall to help convince her :D.

#17 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

After watching that video I am stoked and really wanna make it! It all depends if my mom wants to give me a ride Saturday, lol. I'll look on google maps for a mall to help convince her :D.

Mall at Millenia is enormous...and only like 20 minutes away from the event site---CONVINCE HER! .. http://www.mallatmil.../experience.htm

#18 Outcast100

Outcast100

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

Edit no.2: Nevermind, My parents wont let me go.

Edited by Outcast100, 11 January 2010 - 09:31 PM.

There always seems to be a depressing majority of social/political conservatism whenever the topic comes up on a Nerf board.
~cxwq
Thats what happens when the main topics of the message boards are guns and war.
~superadaquabat

#19 Brucetheshark

Brucetheshark

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

Okay, I showed my mom and sister the mall and my sister is now on my side trying to convince her, lol. I'm about 60% sure I will be coming so you can put me on the maybes, too. I'll know more in the next day or so. ^_^

#20 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

I really like the sound of this... Are crossbows with homemade internals allowed?

#21 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

I really like the sound of this... Are crossbows with homemade internals allowed?

Sure, bring what ya got.

#22 Brucetheshark

Brucetheshark

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

Okay I am definitely coming Saturday! *self-highfive* Lol thanks for showing me that mall's website, it's what convinced her ;)

Oh and I also need to know about what time do you think we will be finished?

Edited by Bruce(theshark), 12 January 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#23 xtoss

xtoss

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

I have to cancel...

#24 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

Okay I am definitely coming Saturday! *self-highfive* Lol thanks for showing me that mall's website, it's what convinced her :D

Oh and I also need to know about what time do you think we will be finished?

1. Glad to hear it

2. Your welcome. They will love it, that mall is insane.

3. We start at 10am, and usually finish around 5 or so. I am bringing extra blasters, as well as stefens. We also have been making a "Nerf swap-meet" a regular thing, so feel free to bring any parts, supplies, or blasters you wish to trade or sell.

#25 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

I'm not going to be able to make it to this war but I'll try to make it to other Florida events in the future. Hope you guys have fun!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users