50 replies to this topic

#26 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

Two questions regarding what can/can't be brought:

1) I am guessing that no RSCB / Breach's can be brought, even though they are not part of the gun per say
I understand that they could be made on site, but I prefer to have glue well cured

2) What about the legality of bringing a 2k/firefly turret for integration into a different gun? Is that a 'part' or would we have to bring the whole gun NIB and go from there?

Regardless, this should be a fun war and I'm looking forward to it.

-Muttonchops
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#27 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

NIB 2ks are going to be $20, and I should have 3.
NIB Big Salvos are going to be $25 and I have 3. They'll be first come first serve. I'm not making more than $1 for each of these, and I don't really want to take any of them home.

Muttonchops:
1) I have no problem with people bringing pre-assembled barrels, but RSCBs are just 3 precut pieces of pvc, an end cap, an elbow and a Tee. Bring that, and take the 20 seconds to assemble it, for fairness.
Don't worry about fancy breeches. Any breech that needs glue will not be suited for this war. With a cordless dremel you could make a nice brass slide breech or something similar if you wanted.

2) This is the grey area, so I'm going to stick to the safe side and say spare parts have to be from NIB blasters. Otherwise, I'd have to draw a very long and jagged line about what is allowed as parts, and what's not. So yeah, you'd have to bring a whole NIB 2k to falconize some random thing.

Edited by Split, 10 July 2009 - 12:03 AM.

Teehee.

#28 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

So I just bought my darts for the war, and have my guns sitting in their boxes in my trunk... only problem is all of my tools are still in storage for another 2 weeks. I might need to borrow someone's hacksaw, if possible... otherwise I can just snap my pvc over my knee to make barrels I guess.

But upgrade me to 100%, I'll be there.

#29 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

Ill be bringing a pair of PVC pipe cutters and a hack saw for general use. If anyone else needs a random tool, I can prob help you if you give me a heads up.

-Muttonchops
The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

#30 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

My tools will be open to use once I'm done my mod.

Right now, I'd like to start the modding AT 10 o'clock sharp. I'm still planning on having it as 1.5 hours, but if we find at some point that pretty much everyone is done, we can of course call it short. Don't forget those pre-modded guns as well.

We're looking at 12 definites right now, so we have a solid number even if no one else shows up.

EDIT:
To anyone who is interested, Gears and I are looking to have a side-competition, with a prize to the overall winner!
The rules are simple:
Bring a NIB Nitefinder, and whoever can make it shoot the furthest (flat) in the time allotted wins! Same tool rules and the like from the regular modding round.
The prize will be announced tomorrow at the war.

Edited by Split, 10 July 2009 - 10:37 AM.

Teehee.

#31 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

I'm a definite, now I need to find darts...
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#32 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

Heads up to anyone in need of a gun. I will be selling some of me mega missiles. I will also have some non-nib guns including a half done lnl and sweet bf. Also anyone have an extra cordless glue gun to borrow?
Ice-I will have a few extra to help, but not a lot. And could you bring the gun?
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#33 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

Ice-I will have a few extra to help, but not a lot.

What choo talkin' bout Joe? You're using/getting my darts.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#34 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

I found a few extra from my last war. I am using the ones from you.

#35 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

I found a few extra from my last war. I am using the ones from you.

The xbow is not yet completed, and I would feel that you didn't get your money's worth if I gave it back incomplete. I will get you pics though.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#36 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

I'll be there at 9-9:30, so if anyone's gonna be there early, I'll be there to annoy you keep you company.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#37 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

My good friend Mr. Rolling Rock decided to keep me company, and as such may not be there early. However, I will be bringing with me a set of PVC cutters, Hacksaw, Teflon tape and e-tape. Shall be a good time.

-Chops

#38 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

Update via my G1 from the war.

Highlights:
Free Slurpees
La Bamba
"You hate everything, EMO."
I hate you.

#39 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

That was fucking Effeminate.
Some cool stuff-
Modding everything and having everything work out for me.
Finding I really like Pistol Splats.
-Scoring a headshot on Joe during Agro Krag
-Getting Ice in the shoulder after the wind curved my shot just before it made contact
-Getting Joe in the arm after a dramatic rush during the 3 man team game
More after my nap-

#40 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

I'm interested in hearing what kind of mods you guys did, why don't you post what you modded there, kinda what you did to it and how it worked out for you.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#41 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

Well, I had literally nothing before this war, since all of my guns/darts/tools were in storage, so I found a big blast at target for $5 and just singled it with a 1/2" pvc coupler and shot stock darts all day. It worked surprisingly well, and I believe the only other person who had range in the same ballpark was Split with his SGSL. I had to drop the pumps to 5-6 because at the 10 or so where the OPRV kicked in my darts were spiraling out of control with a ~12" barrel.

But overall my girlfriend and I had a great time meeting new people, flinging some foam and hanging out for a while afterwards. I should see some of you guys next weekend at the PA war with the same guns.

Oh yeah, and afterwards, as I was about to get onto the NJ turnpike, I got pulled over... for doing "68 in a 55", but I had my cruise set at 60 (GPS verified it at 57), so he only gave me a warning. I wasn't even close to speeding, but I think he saw my Ohio plates and wanted to say hi.

#42 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

This went off without a hitch for the most part. We had to start a bit late.. Spartan's car full got lost or some shit, Alice was sick, so she and Langley didn't make it, Koree got dropped off at a Millcreek part about 2 hours west of where we were, and Ted douched out. I also spent an extra 45 minutes (to the 20 minute drive) finding the mcmaster-carr warehouse, which I hadn't planned for, so I got there just at 10.
Incidentally, we ran into Tyler/Kuhlshrank, who was apparently too cool to nerf with us.
We had 9 people total, which worked out pretty well overall. <3 small wars.
Bpso was... a far better nerfer than I expected. Props.

My mod was pretty straightforward. After cutting off the stock barrel, I drilled and dremeled out the "air restrictor" from a Spy Gear signal launcher. I then used quick set epoxy putty to throw on a pvc coupler, and topped off the edges with some Zap-a-gap (which is apparently just super glue). It worked well. I should have thought to put an rscb on it earlier.

The rounds all went pretty well. Two rotations of Aggro-crag, a solid gunslinger round, a 3v3v3 round and plenty of others. Also, 'Chops is still a crazy mother fucker. Also, free slurpees.
Teehee.

#43 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

...a solid gunslinger round...

Understatement?

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#44 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

I bought a truck today! Fuck nerf!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#45 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

That was a seriously awesome war, and I had a lot of fun. Im finding all kinds of scratches and bruises from when i said fuck trees, and I couldn't be happier.

My two guns of the day were a recon (of course) and a Big Blast with an RSCB clip. The recon was simple, AR and hole covered up. Big Blast was RSCB'ed. I was actually kinda dissapointed in the recon performance; I only had a single clip to start and spend most of the time counting shots. For now on, I need to make sure I carry extra clips. The BB worked surprisingly well, and it was the first time I've ever used and or made a clip.

Highlights of the war:

Showing up late after nuking a McDonalds bathroom and then fixing my car
Getting Split through the jungle gym bars with the BB
Sneaking up on half the opposing team and tapping them out
That fucking cross gym shot from BPSO. Ass.
STRONGARM
"OW! Goddamnit my ear!"
1v1 duels against Spartan. Manta + Recon = Winuu
Not eating all day until diner at 6

Seriously, it was a great war, and I look forwards to seeing most of you guys next weekend at the PA war

#46 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

I wound up bringing one of those kinda-new Air Zone Arrowstorms. I brassed the turret. Opening the gun was bad idea number one. That spring is a bitch to fit into the shell. I literally had to sit out for the first round just trying to keep all the intermal from exploding packing such a huge spring. After fitting everything in fine, this little blue sled piece fell out, and the gun wouldn't function properly. Like, even with the shell screwed up tight, this little part wiggled free and fell out. Twenty minutes later, the gun was working like normal. Ranges were approx. in the sixties, maybe seventies. I don't know nor care. I was outranged by everything, save Muttonchops Recon. The next round was AgroKrag (we might've played a few deathmatch rounds in between, I can't remember) and I totally ate shit jumping off the top floor of the jungle gym. I landed fine, but the Arrowstorm turret smashed right into the sand. The brass was fine, byt the entire thing was filled with shit and sand. I opened the gun for the millionth time and cleaned out the internals with a napkin. The gun wouldn't rotate smoothly for the entire day. And I still had a fuckin' blast.

Rollin' everyone in Gunslinger was awesome.

Gears: Arrowstorm
Ice: Arrowstorm
Icespartan_1114: Big Blast
BPSO: Big Blast
BalisticJoe: Big Blast
MuttonChops: Big Blast/Recon
Echnalaid: Pistol Splat/ Big Bad Bow
OneManClan: Big Bad Bow
SplitLip: Signal Gear Launcher

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#47 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

Did not even know I had done this to myself until my girlfriend pointed it out

Posted Image

Thats a badge of honor from an awesome nerf war.

#48 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

Bpso was... a far better nerfer than I expected. Props.

Ohio Represented!
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#49 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

Today was awesome. Had a ton of fun. My bbbb, wipe out, and nf didn't work and I don't care. Everything was a great time and everyone had a great time.

highlights:
Using my sm3k-I love it
Using my nf with its, and now dead holster-also love it
finding a perfect gun combo(see above)
tiring to keep up with mutton-and he apologized.
seeing some guys again
meeting bpso
doing better than I normally do at nerf
Buying a ultra cool genuine buy buy baby bag-its potential for storage is amazing, It even makes things easier to carry too.
Buying splits unwanted guns-for cheap
more quotes than I can remember
Having a damn good time nerfing

EDIT: Damn mutton-what did that?

EDIT 2: what happened to the pistol contest? Was I the only one to enter?

Edited by balisticjoe, 11 July 2009 - 11:21 PM.

#50 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

Seems you guys had a great time!

In case you haven't heard, I ended up not showing up because, well, like the idiot I am, i mixed up the two mill creek parks in NJ. *facepalm*

But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise i ended up touring a bit of NJ and Philly which was a blast.

Nice muttonchops, hope it doesn't hurt more tomorrow.

Edited by koree, 11 July 2009 - 10:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users